• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Even better, why don't all veterans and all military bases move from Kommiefornia. Not give them any support and see if the hippies can fend for themselves.
    Or, when this cross is taken down, someone with the balls, put two up, and then four up......

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    We need to stop letting a small little portion of the population decide what the rest of the country wants!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sure is a good thing we have republic instead of a democracy then isn't it.

That's exactly why the founders set it up that way. So the rights of the minority are protected from the tyranny of the majority.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    And Finity this has nothing to do with religious denomination or belief.

Actually yes it is.

The cross has been a symbol used to mark the graves of soldiers since this country was founded. If we are to add other denominational symbols to this one memorial, then what about all the grave markers in Arlington ? Should we have to add multi-denominational symbols to them as well ?

Is there a person buried at the site if the memorial? No.

The graves (& the memorials) in Arlington are for individual people. If they are Christian, then they should have a cross. If not then they should have the symbol of their choosing to mark their grave. I seriously doubt that there is a rule that says only crosses can be used for grave markers in Arlington. If true, then that would mean the government is infringing on the persons religious beliefs or discrmininating against non-Christians, even in death.

ETA: Strangely there already are more than just Crosses or even Stars of David on the headstones at Arlington National Cemetery.

Here are the approved symbols:

Authorized Emblems

They've even got one for Atheists & Wiccans. Gasp! :eek: the horror! :faint:

I guess the government got it right after-all.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    It sure is a good thing we have republic instead of a democracy then isn't it.

That's exactly why the founders set it up that way. So the rights of the minority are protected from the tyranny of the majority.

I agree but the minority here is one dumb(mule) from another state who might drive by one day and be offended. Give me a fracking break. That is not what the founders set up. The founders would have (female dog) slapped the punk and told him to get a life.

Last edited:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I agree but the minority here is one dumb(mule) from another state who might drive by one day and be offended. Give me a fracking break. That is not what the founders set up. The founders would have (female dog) slapped the punk and told him to get a life.

I agree that the guy probably shouldn't make an issue of this since he lives in another state.

The general issue is still valid.

Top Bottom