• ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The Geneva Conventions.

Not a single one of those hollowpoints can be used by the United States on a battlefield anywhere in the world.

Who does that leave?

Might actually want to take the time to read that yourself instead of relying on internet rumors...

It does not say that at all in any of the Geneva Accords, first, secondly, it only applies to Signatories of the Accord. Not to mention, saying the Geneva Convention is like saying Senate Bill...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Gentlemen, I believe that expanding bullets were deemed inhumane and prohibited from military use according to the Hague Convention of 1899, to which we are a signatory nation.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Gentlemen, I believe that expanding bullets were deemed inhumane and prohibited from military use according to the Hague Convention of 1899, to which we are a signatory nation.
    It was actually the Hague Convention of 1899 Declaration III, which prohibits the use in international warfare of bullets that easily expand or flatten in the body.

The actual Language used in the Treaty...
    Hague Convention of 1899
    Laws of War :
    Declaration on the Use of Bullets Which Expand or Flatten Easily in the Human Body; July 29, 1899

The Contracting Parties agree to abstain from the use of bullets which expand or flatten easily in the human body, such as bullets with a hard envelope which does not entirely cover the core, or is pierced with incisions.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    It was actually the Hague Convention of 1899 Declaration III, which prohibits the use in international warfare of bullets that easily expand or flatten in the body.

The actual Language used in the Treaty...

I gladly stand corrected.

The fact remains that this ammo is being purchased to use on us.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    As Jeremy can point out, our military does indeed use hollow point bullets. We are not a signatory to the Hague portion that forbids them. If you think I'm talking out my backside, go take a look at any 7.62 M118 cartridge.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    According to polls, the average American is sensing danger. A recent survey found that 61% of Americans believe a catastrophe is looming - yet only 15% feel prepared for such a deeply troubling event.

This 61% stat seems kinda high to me.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    Back to the original post:

The article isn't just another articulate Chicken Little. There was no mention of looting, pillaging, or zombies. They just gave the grim facts on how being broke and printing money can cripple a nation. I'm one of the 61% that sees some real hard times coming.

I'm not one of the 15% who thinks they're prepared. This is scary, my friends, because I'm more prepared than nine out of ten people I know. That being said, I know I'm not really close to being ready for the slow collapse that has already started.

As for the feds buying lots of ammo, they're getting ready for some hard times as well, and they're spending more money than they can hide to do it.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    It was always the inevitable outcome of switching to a fiat currency.

They last about 60 years, give or take.

It started with FDR and got worse with Nixon.

Thank you Progressive overlords for killing the country.

There's nothing inherent to a fiat currency that makes this inevitable.

Indeed, the last decade or so, there was no reason whatsoever to predict an "inevitable" crash in the US dollar.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    There's nothing inherent to a fiat currency that makes this inevitable.

Indeed, the last decade or so, there was no reason whatsoever to predict an "inevitable" crash in the US dollar.

Fiat currency can be stable if the temptation to print your way out of a difficult spot can be resisted, which it generally isn't, more so when you have a president who seems intent on destroying the nation.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Fiat currency can be stable if the temptation to print your way out of a difficult spot can be resisted, which it generally isn't, more so when you have a president who seems intent on destroying the nation.
    Why limit yourself to just the Current POTUS...

Past POTUSes and Congresses have been screwing the Economy for Decades...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why limit yourself to just the Current POTUS...

Past POTUSes and Congresses have been screwing the Economy for Decades...

No such limit intended. Obama may be the poster child but certainly doesn't own the patent on such nefarious behavior!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No doubt I can probably name 5 off the top of my head that were just as bad...

You mean like Wilson, Harding, Roosevelt, Johnson, Nixon, Clinton, both Bushes, along with several others who did not introduce any new mayhem but did not nearly enough to correct the problem?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You mean like Wilson, Harding, Roosevelt, Johnson, Nixon, Clinton, both Bushes, along with several others who did not introduce any new mayhem but did not nearly enough to correct the problem?
    I think Carter done far more Damage than both the Bushes combined...

I am sure if we set down and thought about it we could come up with a rather large list of POTUSs that have screwed the Economy up...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think Carter done far more Damage than both the Bushes combined...

I am sure if we set down and thought about it we could come up with a rather large list of POTUSs that have screwed the Economy up...

I guess it is showing that I didn't get much sleep last night. I knew I was forgetting someone! How could i have forgotten that dolt--oh yes, being tired! :):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom