• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Has anyone ever received their refund yet?

Not yet. I received an email saying it is being processed late last week. That's where most of us are that sent ours back before the big rush. I'll post up when I get it. They originally told me mid-January, but that was before they started receiving literally truck loads of returns every day, as police departments started to return them. I'm guessing it threw them into a tizzy.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I really didn't, I am just tired of people asking if anyone has got their check yet when EoTech has yet to issue the first check and we all know we are 100,000,000 in line...

dfcrane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Feb 25, 2011
    South West Indiana
    I have a Eotech 552 with a manufacturing date of August 2002. Does it qualify for a refund? The Return Authorization Form date only goes back to 2006. Has anyone requested a refund for one older than 2006?

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    I also just found my email that says:

Your product has been received and reviewed by EOTech and your refund is being processed. You will be updated by e-mail in the near future regarding check processing.

Thank You,

EOTech

I'll be happy if it beats my tax return...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Still lots of folks buying and selling Eotechs on the online marketplace..........interesting.
    Which, for a seller, is kinda silly seeing as L3 is giving back full retail, and few if any ever purchase at full retail NEW, why sell a used one for less than retail if you can get retail?

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Anyone else holding onto their Eotechs? I'm torn between keeping them (because I really love the sights) or RMAing both my 512's and using the refund to buy a passle of Primary Arms MD-ADS sights (I can almost buy them at 3 to 1 for the price, which would let me put sights on more of my guns). I'm not as big a fan of the single dot aimpoint style sights. I really did like the Eotech reticle.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Anyone else holding onto their Eotechs? I'm torn between keeping them (because I really love the sights) or RMAing both my 512's and using the refund to buy a passle of Primary Arms MD-ADS sights (I can almost buy them at 3 to 1 for the price, which would let me put sights on more of my guns). I'm not as big a fan of the single dot aimpoint style sights. I really did like the Eotech reticle.

If you are going to use the funds to buy PA sights, might as well keep the Eotechs imo. If the reticle is more important than durability and holding zero in extreme environments to you, then stick with your favorite. For a sport shooter, I don't think they would notice much zero shift. I have used eotechs in freezing temp and the rain with no noticeable zero shift.......but I'm no ninja operator either:)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm keeping mine because I like it. It still meets my requirements so what has changed?

I'm not going to sell my pickup if someone figures out the radio doesn't work when driving in Antarctica.

And if the Polish army still use it...
    11909350_469135916586289_158135713_n.jpg

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I've had my 512 for about 8 years on my patrol rifle without issue. It sits in my trunk and is exposed to the negative temps we've had the last couple of years. I keep a true co-witness and any significant change I will notice. I have yet to have to re-sight my 512 since putting it on for the first time.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I have 3 currently. Two 517's and a EXPS2, one is going back because it won't power up anymore, but no complaints about the Eotechs. They stand behind them and I prefer the reticle over my aimpoint.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I always preferred the reticle on an Eotech to any other "red dot." I traded mine in several years ago and run a variety of Aimpoints now simply based on the design and battery life. If I could have an Aimpoint micro with the Eotech reticle, I'd be SOLD......of course, there goes the battery life:)

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I'm on the fence. I've got an XPS2 and XPS3. I like the reticle for the most part, but I also like my aimpoint T1, and the T1s are much easier to put on an AK than an Eotech, well where I want it anyway.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'm holding on to mine for now. While the issues they've cited are certainly concerning, given the current use of that rifle, it won't make a difference either way. If I have problems, or if the refunds start to process and I decide I want another Aimpoint, I might go for it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had 2 of mine out last Saturday. It was cold in the morning and they were on a table in rotation to be shot.
    I saw this issues at that time. 1st time I have noticed it. Both did it.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    How can they get away with selling new ones? I spoke to a LGS owner in Terre Haute last week who hadn't heard of this issue and just put new ones on display. You would think L3 would pull these back from distributors to avoid the high RMA costs. Are they still trying to put one over on their retailers???

Top Bottom