• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I used to say that because it was a regulation but cannot find it anymore so if you have a link please share it.
    It is usually an mis-reinterpretation of the laws governing slow moving vehicles displaying the slow moving vehicle sign.

Speaking of which, those signs are for slow moving vehicles, not a cheap way to mark a driveway. Driving recently, saw the sign ahead in the night reflecting my headlights, preparing to encounter a slow moving vehicle, like farm equipment, only to discover it was a non moving driveway…

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was always told of the 3 vehicles backed up limit for slow moving vehicles on the roadway. It might have been the law at one time, but I cannot find it.

We need to reinstate this law. Between arrogant bicyclists, ATV's/golf carts, scooters farmers, etc, sadly in our me/me/me society folks have to be ordered to share the road.

:twocents:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    No talk of the 2 idiots that killed a retired police chief on his bike, it was all in fun, they don’t deserve to be on the road right? Although some bike riders may be rude, and not in line with laws let’s not dump all of them into a lump. Not when we got idiots that can’t even drive their cars right. I ride mostly bike trails but have no problem saving gas $ on local backroads. I’m old school if I ever got a car behind me that can’t pass I pull off in a drive, rarely have that in the county. But still get idiot drivers. Had one come up behind me, I was close to the edge of road, no traffic out in the country and this ignorant woman driver slows up behind me to almost my speed of about 20 mph… finally she slowly passes while blasting on her horn! She gets around me no problem, travels to next house down the road and pulls in drive. I just glared at her, was all I could do not to yell at her. She had a real problem with a bike being on her road so near her house. I hate idiots in cars. This road is like 6 miles and maybe I get passed or meet a couple cars at most on any givin day. And you still got these idiots in cars think they own the entire road.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No talk of the 2 idiots that killed a retired police chief on his bike, it was all in fun, they don’t deserve to be on the road right? Although some bike riders may be rude, and not in line with laws let’s not dump all of them into a lump. Not when we got idiots that can’t even drive their cars right. I ride mostly bike trails but have no problem saving gas $ on local backroads. I’m old school if I ever got a car behind me that can’t pass I pull off in a drive, rarely have that in the county. But still get idiot drivers. Had one come up behind me, I was close to the edge of road, no traffic out in the country and this ignorant woman driver slows up behind me to almost my speed of about 20 mph… finally she slowly passes while blasting on her horn! She gets around me no problem, travels to next house down the road and pulls in drive. I just glared at her, was all I could do not to yell at her. She had a real problem with a bike being on her road so near her house. I hate idiots in cars. This road is like 6 miles and maybe I get passed or meet a couple cars at most on any givin day. And you still got these idiots in cars think they own the entire road.

Everyone needs to practice sharing the road. And manners.

I like to get where I'm going and I plan to be able to do it. That said, more and more these days I am trying hard to be the nice guy on the road. Swallow what might be pride and go out of my way to put myself in the other "driver's" position.

You never know who you are dealing with these days. Mental health among the population has to be at an all time low? Bat :poop: crazy people are everywhere, including in bicycle shorts. You cannot know what is in some heads and what they are capable of. On top of that, they have the element of surprise and possibly nothing to lose.

:)

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    You know, when I was growing up, we jonesed for the day we would have a motorcycle, not a 10 speed, a black leather jacket, big black boots and freedom.....today.....people Jones to ride there 10 speeds because motorcycles are dangerous, buy spandex that make them look like there waiting to get cast in gay sex flick, drink a $9 coffee because it's not acceptable to drink a beer and ride a bicycle.......WTF.....calling all real men, not those mambey panmbey, spandex wearing bicycle riders.....pull your head out of........ahh on second thought, there spandex and 10 speeds let's know who to target

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    "A person may not drive a motor vehicle at a slow speed that impedes or blocks the normal and reasonable movement of traffic"

Is a bicycle a "motor vehicle"?
    Nope. But there is this, which would make that law applicable to them.
    Sec. 2. A person riding a bicycle or operating a Class B motor driven cycle upon a roadway has all the rights and duties under this article that are applicable to a person who drives a vehicle, except the following:
    (1) Special regulations of this article.
    (2) Those provisions of this article that by their nature have no application

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I have no problem with bicycles, the problem is with people. Courtesy is important as is safe operation, cars/trucks/boats/airplanes/bicycles. People can be arrogant.

Ran into this about 15 years ago in Louisville. Worked as a mechanic on the road. Very hot day, had to work thru lunch to finish a job. So this fat boy was hungry and hot. Went to a local gas station were a couple ladies made good home style lunches. There was a large group of cyclists there with their bikes on the sidewalk, no problem I walked around them. One was in front of the door and I carefully opened the door. The guy standing there in expensive riding clothes said "Watch what you are doing! That bike costs more than you make in a month". He then stepped toward me. Not really a good choice, Marine veteran, 280 lbs, sweaty and hangry. I turned to him and let my body language tell him I wanted to get it on. He declined and moved away.

Again not an indictment of bikers.

Don

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    You know, when I was growing up, we jonesed for the day we would have a motorcycle, not a 10 speed, a black leather jacket, big black boots and freedom.....today.....people Jones to ride there 10 speeds because motorcycles are dangerous, buy spandex that make them look like there waiting to get cast in gay sex flick, drink a $9 coffee because it's not acceptable to drink a beer and ride a bicycle.......WTF.....calling all real men, not those mambey panmbey, spandex wearing bicycle riders.....pull your head out of........ahh on second thought, there spandex and 10 speeds let's know who to target
    Most cyclists that I know like to end a good ride with a good brew.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    There was 2 immature kids that targeted a retired police chief on his bike and killed him. Just a target for them. Which one of those idiots was your son?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    man-driving-car-full-of-popcorn-meme-v856scbqliv8vbjd.gif

Top Bottom