• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just saw a report on the NBC morning news that Jeep is recalling 57k Jeep Wranglers because of a possible fuel leak caused by an "unnecessary part", a stud that protrudes too far and may puncture the fuel tank.

Do I really need to ask the obvious question?

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    This is more common thing than most people know. When I take a new gun apart, I often end up with a few unused parts, so I just deem them unnecessary. :D
    I have the exact problem. Even when assembling furniture. And I am SURE if I took a car apart I would be left with many extra parts.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Just saw a report on the NBC morning news that Jeep is recalling 57k Jeep Wranglers because of a possible fuel leak caused by an "unnecessary part", a stud that protrudes too far and may puncture the fuel tank.

Do I really need to ask the obvious question?
    For some chuckles, you should check out the Recalls page at Car Complaints

Some are very scary...
    "Kia is warning 2022-2023 Carnival owners to park outside and away from anything that could burn."

2023 Nissan Ariya "Owners should contact their dealerships if the steering wheels are loose or if they detach."

2019-2023 Santa Fe, 2021-2023 Santa Fe hybrid, 2022-2023 Santa Fe plug-in hybrid and Santa Cruz vehicles
    "Hyundai owners are warned to park outside and away from anything that could catch fire."

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My 95 F-150 had a screw holding the trim ring in the headliner that was too long and would short out. It would blow the fuse for the instrument panel. I put a shorter screw in and it never happened again.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    My 95 F-150 had a screw holding the trim ring in the headliner that was too long and would short out. It would blow the fuse for the instrument panel. I put a shorter screw in and it never happened again.
    I hope you know you voided the warranty.
    But if you're Mr Money Bags and can live with the cost, so be it. :spend:

Last edited:

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I am just trying to think HOW LONG it took you to track an intermittent short in the dash down to the headliner!!!!!!

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    From the title thread , I thought another trans related post ? ........................... :):
    anyway , I bought a new `78 Firebird , and for about the 1st 2 months , I would constantly find various screws and clips laying on the floor board . Never did find out where those unnecessary screws came from ( Probably a dozen or more )

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    From the title thread , I thought another trans related post ? ........................... :):
    I actually just passed 3500 miles after the filter/fluid change and it's still shifting as advertised.
    As for the loose screws and clips, I can see someone in the factory saying, "Hey Fred, watch this.."
    And then throw a handful of superfluous parts up under the dash just for gits and shiggles.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't know what the stud in question is for, but my Ram 1500 came with 9 studs per side that can be used to mount running boards if you want to. I did, but if you don't, they're unnecessary.

For this Jeep- I'm guessing it's a stud for anticipated accessories....you know how Jeep people are with their accessories.

Top Bottom