• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scooter-2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    i would like to known how well unique powder will measure in my dillon 550 powder measure? i have read good and bad about it. i have only run win.231 through this measure. it does very well with 231. i know unique is hard to measure close. it will not measure close in some measures. by close i mean not over 2 tenths variation. i have 3 other measures, but i cannot set them up on the dillon to operate automatic. i have a uniflo, this thing will measure about any powder close. i could set it up to work on the dillon. i would have to run the measure manually. i am new to this forum, but i have been shooting, and reloading for a looong time. any comments helpful . by the way i have a lee classic turrent also a rock chucker also. scooter-2 from plainfield

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    For what caliber and how much are you wanting to reload?

I run Unique with my lyman #55 and it meters out to within +/- 0.1gr

If 231 works why switch? I only have unique bc the shops didn't have what I was looking for and wanted to get loading :)

scooter-2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    thanks for the reply. i like unique very well. i have a bunch of unique also. i am loading 9 mm. 115gr rn. plated bullets. unique is an easy powder tonreload with, i just like it. thanks scooter-2

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have no trouble with Unique in my Lee AutoDisk measure, or W231 or Ramshot Enforcer or Zip.
    It works with every powder well in fact.

nj4020

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    From my experience it metered fine through my 550. It was, however, a time consuming process to get it adjusted. It was a little erratic with each adjustment, but after the fine tuning it was consistent.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I use Unique in my .45 acp and .41 mag, a little dirty but nice.

I've had good results in my 550 powder measure. At first I didn't but it was because I had a screw loose but once I tightened it it would stay pretty consistent.

Top Bottom