Unfair voting restrictions in Indiana. Wait! What?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I've seen the evidence. Provide some that it isn't happening.

Better yet, provide some evidence on how voter ID is racist. Prove your position, maybe you'll change mine. Otherwise I'll stick with what I know about democrats and their willingness to do whatever it takes to get what they want.

Great! Evidence!

Please provide.

Oh, and the burden of proof is on those that purport the position. Basic rhetoric.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    1. Baron Hill is one of the dumber members of Congress, and he has plenty of competition.

2. Baron, who is running for United States Senator, thinks that Congress passes laws for Indiana. He's just that stupid.

3. Indiana's voter ID statute is not subject to the VRA as it is not subject to §5 review.

4. Indiana's statute was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States finding that is was necessary to combat voter fraud.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawford_v._Marion_County_Election_Board

5. If people do not vote, then that is on them. I don't mind people not voting as it increases the power of my vote.

And what about maintaining adequate polling locations, and/or extending polling times? Are you opposed to that?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I heard earlier this year that in states that have adopted voter ID that Democrat votes are down and Republican votes are even or up in the primaries.

Obviously the Republicans are better at making phony IDs.

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    We are discussing voting. Your strawman is irrelevant.
    We are discussing voting, and the accusations that presenting ID somehow disenfranchises minorities in this one endeavor but not others that require ID. It is a perfectly salient point and not a strawman, which is typically the setting up of a sham argument to be effortlessly toppled, as you would claim it to be.

You may have wanted to claim that my point was a non sequitor as you believe that it does not follow the voting discussion, however as demonstrated in the paragraph above you would be incorrect.

But if you insist on attempting to accuse others of logical fallacies I would think it only fair to point out your above ad hominems, attempts to poison the well, continuum fallacies, echo chamber reasoning, attempted proof by intimidation, goalpost moves, and tu quoque as vehicles to make your point.

Typically I like to be generous of spirit and give people the benefit of the doubt, especially when it comes to online interactions stripped as they are of many traditional context clues. That being said I don't think you are interested in hearing opinions that run counter to yours so have a pleasant evening.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We are discussing voting, and the accusations that presenting ID somehow disenfranchises minorities in this one endeavor but not others that require ID. It is a perfectly salient point and not a strawman, which is typically the setting up of a sham argument to be effortlessly toppled, as you would claim it to be.

You may have wanted to claim that my point was a non sequitor as you believe that it does not follow the voting discussion, however as demonstrated in the paragraph above you would be incorrect.

But if you insist on attempting to accuse others of logical fallacies I would think it only fair to point out your above ad hominems, attempts to poison the well, continuum fallacies, echo chamber reasoning, attempted proof by intimidation, goalpost moves, and tu quoque as vehicles to make your point.

Voter ID was not addressed specifically in the OP. But what I am seeing is that some obviously want to harp on that one aspect, while ignore other points. Makes it seem as if it is they approve of restricted access to the ballot.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    In which post was evidence of suppression by limiting polling places presented. I must have missed it. I live in Gary and the polling place is with in walking distance of my home.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I have voted in every election since I turned eighteen. That is over three decades of voting. Of all my interactions with government entities I cannot think of an easier process.

If you have troubles voting I am thinking you are not very motivated to vote and probably not very motivated about any of your other rights and responsibilities in life.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In which post was evidence of suppression by limiting polling places presented. I must have missed it. I live in Gary and the polling place is with in walking distance of my home.

Well Lake County isn't Delaware County.
    And 6p.m. poll closing times sounds smart (one of 3 states that close so early)?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If you don't care enough to get there I guess you must be poor, elderly or a minority.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    bluefalcon_zps9lgsffgm.jpg

Top Bottom