• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    I have always had good luck meeting people for buying or selling on the INGO classifieds. I have met a lot of good people. I only had one time where I was trying to sell a pistol and the guy wanted a bill of sale. I told him that there would be no bill of sale and he agreed. We meet and the SOB comes with a bill of sale for me to fill out. I just left and told him to never contact me on INGO again.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I've only had 1 bad meeting with anyone on INGO, not even gun related, I love this site, it is always my go to place when looking for anything. I've been on here for years, and have not met as many people as I would like, but that is, I'm sure, my fault. I recently shot the Military Open Sight shoot, and The Hide, and had a blast, even though I embarrassed my self shooting, instead of giving me grief, the guys helped me walk my rounds actually on the paper... I can't remember all the trades, and sales I've had on here, just always great. Sounds to me like everything worked out better than you had any right to expect.....That's INGO to me!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I thought there was to be a fitting end to the saga with Mongo59.
    It was time to return the Hi-Standard H-D Military .22LR trainer he lent me to shoot for fun on the day I bought his
    H&R 939.
    Mongo59 sent me a text Wednesday that he was going to be coming to Greenwood to buy a rifle Saturday at noon
    & I could meet him to return the Hi-Standard.

I was glad to do so since I didn't have to drive to Columbus, IN but just to the Greenwood Exit.
    Thursday I went to the range one last time with it.
    I had him on my daily planner written in for Saturday 12 pm & told the wife my schedule.
    I was busying myself today with a 6 am Men's Bible Study, then met a guy to sell my Kahr CT9 at 7:30 am at Lowes parking lot.
    All in all, a perfect beginning to the weekend (retired people start their weekend on Fridays :lmfao:).

I went home to get an ad ready to list for a Ruger Single 10 & I got a text from Mongo saying, "I am at the Subway."
    What??? I was stunned! :wallbash:
    I told him I wrote it down for Saturday. :coffee:
    I was wrong!!!!! :nono:
    I checked his email thinking he got it wrong, but alas, I wrote it on the wrong day for reasons that escape me. :scratch:
    I began apologizing all over again, like the 1st time we met when I forgot my money to buy his 939!!!

I jumped on the MC & ran it down to him & he had to wait on me 25 minutes to get there.
    At least it wasn't 40 minutes like the 1st time in having to go get money. :facepalm:

He was his usual forgiving gracious self, of which I was grateful. :thumbsup:
    Now, that should be the end of the story, but learned only of that chapter.
    HE GAVE ME ANOTHER GUN TO SHOOT FOR FUN!!!! :rockwoot:
    Hi Standard Supermatic Citation Model 107 Military .22LR
    I thought I was in hog heaven (whatever that means).
    It is even better than the H-D Military model.
    Heavier, nice thumb rest & sights are simple to adjust.
    And, he said I could paint the sights with my gun sight fluorescent paint.

I have more medical testing going on Monday at Community Heart Hospital & my Point Blank membership is not good on the weekend, but I hope I can get to the range next Tuesday.
    I'm going to shoot it with the iron sights first, then put the gun sight paint on the sights & go back to see if I improve like I thought I would with the H-D model.

And yes, since I made him wait on me AGAIN, I forced him to let me buy his lunch against his protestations.
    I believe in paying for my sins, ha ha!

left side.jpgright side.jpgiron sights.jpgEngraved Hi Standard.jpgEngraved model number 107.jpgEngraved Supermatic Citation.jpg

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is why I do all my bidness here. GREAT folks. And great conversations, too! Other than the time I ended up doing a deal with BGDave under the lift gate of Mrs Monkey's minivan because it was POURING rain, Most all transactions take WAY longer than they should because we end up sitting around for 20 minutes shooting the breeze. LOL

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This is why I do all my bidness here. GREAT folks. And great conversations, too! Other than the time I ended up doing a deal with BGDave under the lift gate of Mrs Monkey's minivan because it was POURING rain, Most all transactions take WAY longer than they should because we end up sitting around for 20 minutes shooting the breeze. LOL
    I think I set a record with SAILORGOLF46 last week, visiting for nearly an hour!
    I haven't had that good a time just :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: with someone from INGO ever.
    We have bought/sold a few guns between us in the past & have a great history. :ingo:

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    Agreed even if there are small glitches with the plans everyone I have done business here on the forum has been excellent, I have been looking for things and other members have actually sent me messages of where I can find them, or tried to help in other ways, ingo guys always seem to be a great group

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    We may have to do another deal to get it raining again.

My yard (weed patch) could use something other than dog pee.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Agreed even if there are small glitches with the plans everyone I have done business here on the forum has been excellent, I have been looking for things and other members have actually sent me messages of where I can find them, or tried to help in other ways, ingo guys always seem to be a great group
    Same here.
    I have had people contact me b/c they know I'm on the look out for a certain gun or they found something they think I'd enjoy.
    Just this evening, a member sent me a text telling me I needed to buy a gun that came up for sale in the Classifieds.
    I have had members contact me wanting to buy something they know I have & they want it before I can put it into the Classifieds.
    Love INGO! :rockwoot: :ingo:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There's more truth in this statement than many realize!
    Being able to give grace to ungracious people...that's where resiliency and certain degree of toughness comes into play!
    Huge TRUTH :thumbsup:
    I admire people as I watch them interact with irritating people who could put them in their place with their intelligence & wit.
    But, they hold their tongue & try to defuse the situation with graciousness, maybe no quick response at all.
    I remember a proverb in the Bible: "Don't answer a fool according to his folly."
    Fortunately, I rarely really get angry with someone, but if I do, I simply shut down.
    I know anything coming out of my mouth will be with a sarcastic edge to it & will not do any good other than make me feel better (for a few seconds).
    It's the "irritation" level with others before real anger digs in is where the battle is fought.
    I’ve heard the mind is the second thing to go!! :naughty:
    Funniest thing I've heard all day (but the day is young). :lmfao:
    So much truth to that pithy expression & I'm apparently living that "dream."
    As I tell the wife nearly everyday now, "This isn't going to get any better!"

Just like how I got the day mixed up when to meet Mongo59 & I even had it written down wrong! :wallbash:
    What, now I'm losing reading comprehension? :facepalm:
    When young I had my energy & strength & when it began to go I had my mind, but apparently it only visits & is not permanent. :scratch:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Huge TRUTH :thumbsup:
    I admire people as I watch them interact with irritating people who could put them in their place with their intelligence & wit.
    But, they hold their tongue & try to defuse the situation with graciousness, maybe no quick response at all.
    I remember a proverb in the Bible: "Don't answer a fool according to his folly."
    Fortunately, I rarely really get angry with someone, but if I do, I simply shut down.
    I know anything coming out of my mouth will be with a sarcastic edge to it & will not do any good other than make me feel better (for a few seconds).
    It's the "irritation" level with others before real anger digs in is where the battle is fought.
    Dogdg...well said! When you respond to a fool according to his folly, you place yourself on the same level with him!
    The real battle is within...to develop and maintain the ability to control one's tongue, in a time of irritation, is a maturity issue!
    Understanding one's self and knowing when or when not to speak, as well as what to say or what not to say, comes with experience!
    Interestingly, when one is younger, 'winning' is the goal...whereas when one gets older, wisdom is the goal!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Dogdg...well said! When you respond to a fool according to his folly, you place yourself on the same level with him!
    The real battle is within...to develop and maintain the ability to control one's tongue, in a time of irritation, is a maturity issue!
    Understanding one's self and knowing when or when not to speak, as well as what to say or what not to say, comes with experience!
    Interestingly, when one is younger, 'winning' is the goal...whereas when one gets older, wisdom is the goal!
    Truth! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom