• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Or Columbia. Libya, Mexico, Georgia, Poland and etc... The US has many advisers all around the world.

Yes we have troops all over the world doing many varied things. I was just attempting to poke my finger at how Vietnam started, the exact same way.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Uganda = former British protectorate ... let the Brits do it :)

America is resembling Victorian Britain, with global reach and lots of splendid little wars. Sooner or later this becomes an unsupportable drain on the treasury. Oops, spoke too late.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Obama orders U.S. troops to help chase down African 'army' leader - CNN.com
    In early October 2010, the U.S. military had more than 1,700 troops deployed in sub-Saharan Africa, the Pentagon said. The majority of them -- around 1,380 - were deployed in Djibouti. But U.S. troops had at least a small presence in 33 different nations in sub-Saharan Africa. At this time last year they had nine troops in Uganda. One conservative member of Congress, Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Oklahoma, weighed in to support the effort.
    "I applaud our nation's military for making this a priority and taking the steps outlined in our legislation that will eventually protect the children and people from Joseph Kony's reign of terror," Inhofe said.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Just so long as you agree that sending American soldiers to yet another country to police them is a poor exercise of our vast power, morally and financially, then who cares? He said something to make you speak up even if just to yell at him for it. I think these exercises in nation building have got to stop. We're on the hook for a grand total of some $200 trillion dollars all told.2 x 10 to the twelfth power. A literal series of warehouses stacked end to end with hundred dollar bills. And we're doing combat in yet another nation, putting our troops at risk while we rack up more debt? For what?
    We're getting no value out of putting our dollars or power to use like this.

Because it's not me you need to convince, friend. I'm already a member of that choir. But the person who isn't isn't going to hear the message because the delivery gets in the way. Presentation is important. Ram's sucks.

BBill

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Don't let ANY of them in the country!! We've got enough of the "great leader's" people here on the public dole!! PC my ass!!

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    What would you think if your found out about a handful of covert ops that go on?

If you are in a position where you feel the government is being stupid, either start a rebellion or run for election.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Because it's not me you need to convince, friend. I'm already a member of that choir. But the person who isn't isn't going to hear the message because the delivery gets in the way. Presentation is important. Ram's sucks.

What's getting you so amped up about this? Everything he posted was completely factual, plus this portion of commentary:

When the next Republican takes office: Iran, Syria, ????

Keep supporting the Military-Industrial Complex. :yesway:

Is stating his opinion "hysterical grandstanding"? Last I checked, it's against the rules to just post a link to an article with no commentary, isn't it?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like his presentation was spot on, to me. It certainly got peoples attention, even yours, (but you tend to be kind of stalkery where he's concerned). Shoot, you even agree with him, but you just want to start a fight or something. What gives?

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Advisors? I wouldn't mind IF we sent in a unit to take him and his conscripts out and be done with it.
    This is little more than a show of "Face" with an implication we actually give a sh..
    Get the intel flowing and hit them hard and don't let up until there's not a brick or blade of grass standing.
    Message sent for all to hear.
    You can't deal with power monger, murdering beasts, any other way.
    Let them get power, recognition, and a world foothold, and it gets serious then.
    Too much publicity already.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    That's how U.S. involvement in Vietnam got started in the 1950s.

a good. point. My first thought when I saw this on the news was "you gotta be frickin kidding me." And then I chided myself and thought, well this guy did attack americans on american soil...er no...wait, but he did attack Americans in other countries...er no...wait, but he is calling for the imminent destruction and America and has WMDs at his disposal...er no... wait, what was the question again?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    A couple of ODAs training up troopers is not the same as direct action.

We have Special Forces doing this across the globe, ram. How is this any different?:dunno:

Well, this one is purely a publicity stunt? Lets see what happened this week on TV:

Previously on Lost and Clueless; cue military march music.
    Enter stage Left, far far left, a President and friends
    Obama: What we need is something to take the heat of all the stupid #&^ the AG and I have been up to.

AG: NFK. WTF BATFE is FUBAR.

SecState: (walking to wet bar) Well, I know some guys that can make a money trail or make on disappear if only there were someone who hates us we could blame it on.

Aide: Well, the Cartels have all those new guns, right?

AG: STFU!

(Camera pans to TV, latest episode of 24)

Pres: No, SecState may have something here. Plus I got some Navy SEALs that haven't got their illegal assault glocks off in a while. Who else could I assassinate without offending George Soros?

Camera fade and cut to commercial.

##Disclaimer## These characters and events are purely fiction. Any representation resembling real persons or events is purely coincidence. The opinions expressed in this show are not the opinions of anyone that could be sued or imprisoned for suggesting them.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    I dont think these will be "combat" troops per say, just advisors. I've never heard of the LRA and have no idea what kind of man power or weapon power they are capable of?

just advisors you say? pretty sure thats what President Johnson said about the "advisors" being sent to Vietnam....

CombatRex

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    NE side of Indy

Ok I don't get this....these guys are doing the same thingin the name of Christianity, as the Islamic thugs are doing in the name ofAllah....yet we go in and help kill these guys but prop up and support Islamicmurders and terrorist. Shouldn't we be treating them all the same. Seems we arebending over backward to keep Muslims happy and let Sharia law creep into thiscountry.

:patriot::twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    How long until Obama stands up in front of the yellow curtain and says, "Well, I got him." ??? I say we get an over/under going.

I think he's realizing he made his move on Osama Bin Laden about a year too early .... so im thinking we'll get this guy in sept-early oct next year

Top Bottom