• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Im pretty sure its an Abrams it is a smooth bore. I saw that on discover channel its to make barrels last longer and not shoot out the rifling and have to replace them. Amazingly its super accurate even as a smooth bore.

bubba16430

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    logansport
    Yea I did some searches, the round thing to the right of the gun is what was throwing me off.

The challenger has one, but it's on the other side of the gun. I only saw two picks of M1's with this thing....I assume it's for siting or thermals...

The "round thing" is the Commander's Independent Thermal Viewer (CITV) found on the M1A2's.

jotto

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    NW Indiana
    Im pretty sure its an Abrams it is a smooth bore. I saw that on discover channel its to make barrels last longer and not shoot out the rifling and have to replace them. Amazingly its super accurate even as a smooth bore.

Yes they are a smooth bore and it would be hard to reload as the casing is basically cardboard. Served 14 years on the Abrams. Most likely there was something jammed in the gun tube when it was fired. It's not unheard of to scoop up mud, dirt, etc. in the gun tube while moving if the TC isn't paying attention while your crossing a ditch.

bubba16430

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    logansport
    Yes they are a smooth bore and it would be hard to reload as the casing is basically cardboard. Served 14 years on the Abrams. Most likely there was something jammed in the gun tube when it was fired. It's not unheard of to scoop up mud, dirt, etc. in the gun tube while moving if the TC isn't paying attention while your crossing a ditch.
    This is a fail with the loader, he should have checked the tube before loading. ( Only 7 years on them for me)

Top Bottom