Two 12 year old girls stabb their friend...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • st33da

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Greenfield
    The article sited that the two girls "had been planning to kill their friend for months".... where were their parents during all of this? I think that a parent who is active in their childrens lives would have discovered the plan long before the girls put it into action.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I'm sure there will be those goofballs who blindly parrot, "They were only 12, they didn't know what they were doing!", but it's :poop:

Whether or not they get 60 years, they should not get out before they're well into adulthood. For those that might 'insist' on a number: 30 years.

Their parents should ALSO be held equally accountable and culpable. 'Excuses' are allowable only for those who don't commit murder.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Their parents should ALSO be held equally accountable and culpable. 'Excuses' are allowable only for those who don't commit murder.
    No one is making excuses, but holding one individual responsible for the actions of another simple because of blood relation is a dangerous game. Why not the grandparents, aunties, or uncles? I agree the parents have some culpability in not training up their children better, but I do not agree with charging parents for a crime they did not commit. I'd never convict the parents unless they had a direct hand in the actual crime.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I control what my child watches on tv. Cartoons are NOT reality. Movies are NOT reality! Ect Ect.
    I and my wife are responsible for raising our kids and teaching them right from wrong. Not a tv. Not a teacher. Not other kids! US as parents

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I hope they get tried as adults, and a quick death penalty, I don't want my tax dollars being wasted on these two felons for long.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Prosecutors say two 12-year-old southeastern Wisconsin girls stabbed their 12-year-old friend nearly to death in the woods to please a mythological creature they learned about online.

Having attempted to parent a 12-year-old girl (and her friends when they were over), I will say that they are ****ing idiots. I never even saw the capacity for rational thought; they would watch a horror movie and act like it was a documentary. I know I'm generalizing, and I know there are some brainy ones out there, but my experience was that they need to be locked up in a padded room until they're 16 or 17 at least.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No one is making excuses, but holding one individual responsible for the actions of another simple because of blood relation is a dangerous game. Why not the grandparents, aunties, or uncles? I agree the parents have some culpability in not training up their children better, but I do not agree with charging parents for a crime they did not commit. I'd never convict the parents unless they had a direct hand in the actual crime.

Yep. Parents might not always catch something like this.

What I found most telling is they showed no remorse, and believed a supernatural person lived in an abandoned house not far from there. Those two have some mental issues. Yes, that is my understatement of the day.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Having attempted to parent a 12-year-old girl (and her friends when they were over), I will say that they are ****ing idiots. I never even saw the capacity for rational thought; they would watch a horror movie and act like it was a documentary. I know I'm generalizing, and I know there are some brainy ones out there, but my experience was that they need to be locked up in a padded room until they're 16 or 17 at least.
    Dude speaks truth.
    My house had always been the congregation place... and between about 11 and 17ish, it was exactly like that. It didn't have to be a horror movie...it could be friggen Scooby Doo.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yep. Parents might not always catch something like this.

What I found most telling is they showed no remorse, and believed a supernatural person lived in an abandoned house not far from there. Those two have some mental issues. Yes, that is my understatement of the day.

Yup, [STRIKE]whenever I would[/STRIKE]if I had ever planned to do in one of my associates, [STRIKE]omerta would[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE]would have had enough sense not to tell on myself. Although the parents have responsibility to bring them up right, it's pretty ridiculous to hold them accountable for children that may well be actually defective, nevermind the other influences they have.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I was talking with our son who is a cop in Lake county. He said it would shock people the number of violent juveniles currently incarcerated.

Top Bottom