• ...and so much more!
  • greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    (from DNR )
    MONITORING WILDLIFE - TURKEY BROODS: We need your help this summer! We want to know if you’ve seen hens with and without poults (young turkeys). Participate in DNR’s state-wide Turkey Brood Survey by reporting observations of wild turkey females (hens) from July 1-Aug. 31. Submitting your observations helps Indiana DNR estimate wild turkey production and wisely manage populations for future generations.

Anyone can join the conservation effort as observations are easy to submit and can be collected anywhere in the state. Get ID tips at https://bit.ly/4b1K0ps.

Make your turkey hen and brood observations count by visiting https://www.in.gov/dnr/fish-and-wil...es/animals/wild-turkey/turkey-brood-reporting

Last edited:

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Update! I just saw a hen with at least 10 poults by our feeder. I'm really stoked about that. I never got an exact count because I came outside and they were just there. I wasn't expecting to see them, so I wasn't paying attention. I'm gonna put a camera on the feeder tomorrow.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Turkey numbers have dropped a lot here in 10 years, I'm hoping that the new ground I've acquired will prove to be better habitat as the older ground is moving away from brush to forest.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Took this beared turkey pic on my galaxy s9 phone at about 6:50 this morning. Was around 40 yards away even though the pic makes it look 75yards. They were strolling thru my old backyard.20240728_065325.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'll participate in their turkey survey when they include the question: Are you a moron who can't tell the difference between a hen and a tom? Once they ask that question I'll know they're actually interested in a two way conversation and want something other than raw data from hunters, maybe like they're willing to listen for a change.

- or -

They can move the season up two weeks like it should be in which case I'll happily help however I can.

Until then they can count them on their own.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    We've had 3 hens and as many as 11 young ones in our fields and woods this year. We see them more often crossing the road. Why did the turkeys cross the road? That's where the food is.

Attachments

• 20240901_183831.jpg
      20240901_183831.jpg
      689.8 KB · Views: 1
    Top Bottom