I've actually been wanting to get into this
    Any links with more information?

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My Buddy did the one in November. He's been trying to talk my wife and I into joining his team for the next go around. We will do some obstacle runs this year, but not sure if I want to do the TM.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Completed in November 2011. It is a grueling event. Chernobyl Was the worst for me.

I thought the quarry water was colder. The real key to both on=bstacles is to not stop once you get out of the water. I was pretty warm again just down the trail after Chernobyl just from running. I saw a lot of people standing around with space blankets after getting out of the ice and I think that probably did a lot of them in.

To be honest, it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. That isn't saying it was easy, though. Either way, it was a lot of fun and I recommend anyone that is thinking about doing it to sign up and go.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I did the Rebel Race in Oct.(Greenfield, IN)(Rebel Race). Planning on doing it again. Also want to do the Mudathlon in June(Mudathlon - Mud | Obstacles | Beer).

I really want to do the tough mudder. not sure I'll be able to do it.
    We did the Rebel Race as well. I was pissed at myself for waiting 20-30 minutes in line in the creek for the rope obstacle. Next time, if I come up on a wait like that, Im blowing past it.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Next Indiana Tough Mudder is June 16 & 17, cold should not be a problem? I've been thinking about it although I've never run a race before. I didn't know about the Rebel Run. Thanks

Indiana
    I don't know what your endurance is, but the Tough Mudder is 9mi. IIRC, and the Rebel Race is 3mi. You should probably do the Rebel Race first to see how you like it and what you can do. Unless your training already for longer distances...

maperry2125

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    I did the mudder in November last year and it was intense. Chernobyl was so dam cold it took my breath away and I could not feel me feet after the log bog jog because that water was freezing. It was a great experience and I am planning on doing it again this year! I did the rebel race as a "mudder training event" early last year and I will tell you there is really no comparison. The rebel race was fun but not all that changeling and the mudder kicked my butt! I made it to the end but I was sore for a week Ha.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom