• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

That video is really weird to watch, but I don't see it "bomb-shelling" the Left's narrative of the event to quite the extent Carlson seems to suggest. I suspect a lot of liberals would just look at that video, shake their heads, and say those officers are precisely the type of white-supremacist "sympathizers in the ranks" they've been telling us the police and military are supposedly chock-full of, ever since the Ferguson thing went off the rails.

I don't think the videos will force the Left to admit anything they didn't already claim to be aware of. They are not going to see those officers as behaving in the capacity of systemic agents of official Capitol policy. They're going to dismiss them as a few bad individual apples exhibiting personal negligence by going off-script. The same way we regard Derek Chauvin as a bad apple.

Put differently, it argues for some leniency toward some of the protesters, and it may lead to the firing of some officers, but that's probably about it. If this was supposed to prove some kind of Capitol conspiracy, I'm not sure I see that.

Last edited:

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    That video is really weird to watch, but I don't see it "bomb-shelling" the Left's narrative of the event to quite the extent Carlson seems to suggest. I suspect a lot of liberals would just look at that video, shake their heads, and say those officers are precisely the type of white-supremacist "sympathizers in the ranks" they've been telling us the police and military are supposedly chock-full of, ever since the Ferguson thing went off the rails.

I don't think the videos will force the Left to admit anything they didn't already claim to be aware of. They are not going to see those officers as behaving in the capacity of systemic agents of official Capitol policy. They're going to dismiss them as a few bad individual apples going off-script, the same way we regard Derek Chauvin as a bad apple.

Put differently, it may lead to the firing of some officers, but that's probably about it. If this was supposed to prove some kind of conspiracy, somebody needs to go see if the fuse is still lit.

Thats a really solid take.

Speaking only for myself here…

I watched the “bombshell” video and I have a slightly different take than I am seeing broadly. I don’t view the Capitol Police as right-wing sympathizers, I just see them as wholly incompetent...they look like a bunch of department store security guards reacting to a wild deer in the home appliances department.

It’s clear from the the videos that the entire plan was to establish a perimeter and…expect it to hold.

The individual troopers had no idea how to react to the intruders, and the commanding officers lacked sufficient operational guidelines, strategic insight, and tactical capability to mount an effective defense in real time.

My guess is just about any police department from a city large enough to have an NBA or MLB franchise could have done a better job.

Perhaps the secret service should redraft the policies and retrain the Capitol Police, I can’t imagine this happening at the White House.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Thats a really solid take.

Speaking only for myself here…

I watched the “bombshell” video and I have a slightly different take than I am seeing broadly. I don’t view the Capitol Police as right-wing sympathizers, I just see them as wholly incompetent...they look like a bunch of department store security guards reacting to a wild deer in the home appliances department.

It’s clear from the the videos that the entire plan was to establish a perimeter and…expect it to hold.

The individual troopers had no idea how to react to the intruders, and the commanding officers lacked sufficient operational guidelines, strategic insight, and tactical capability to mount an effective defense in real time.

My guess is just about any police department from a city large enough to have an NBA or MLB franchise could have done a better job.

Perhaps the secret service should redraft the policies and retrain the Capitol Police, I can’t imagine this happening at the White House.
    Yeah, I get the thing about chalking things up to incompetence, first. But man, that prayer where Viking Guy was thanking the Lord for the police, was really bad. I mean, really, really b-b-b-bad. I couldn't hear all of it, but I got a feeling if I did, he'd be thanking them for their cooperation, not their incompetence.

I would expect officers to have to answer for conduct like that. (And maybe they did).

It would seem like a really simple solution to just disband the Capitol Police, and turn it over to the Secret Service. But then again, maybe I'm failing to grasp that they're public-facing, and being glorified tour guides might actually be a big part of their mission.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So when is somebody going to hold Merrick Garland's feet to the fire for lying? I guess he claimed 5 capitol police were killed in the riot. Except they werent.

1 died of a heart attack the next day. (they originally claimed he was struck and killed with a fire extinguisher that day)
    4 committed suicide in the montls after the event.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    So when is somebody going to hold Merrick Garland's feet to the fire for lying? I guess he claimed 5 capitol police were killed in the riot. Except they werent.

1 died of a heart attack the next day. (they originally claimed he was struck and killed with a fire extinguisher that day)
    I'm going with "What is Never" for $1000 Alex

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield

Garland counts capitol police killed by this incident just like they directed hospitals to count people who died of COVID-19.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom