TSA working downtown Indy using dogs to search the buses????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    The real reason however is the 2nd part of IndyKid's statement above.
    It is indoctrination for the masses. The :sheep: are already accustom to the fact that at airports they will be blasted with x-rays, body searches, take off their shoes, can not carry xyz items, etc... It is a "common" thing for them and something that must be done WITHOUT QUESTION when at the airport.

The next step in the process is getting the masses use to the fact that TSA will now check their buses. A little while later it will be the trains and on and on.

Before you know it will be
    -Einsatzgruppen+just+following+orders.jpg
    just following orders as that mom and kid were domestic terrorist and did not want to pass a security checkpoint at the mall. I mean come on everyone passes thru the checkpoint.

:(
    Hitler & Muslim could never have dreamed this in their wildest dreams.
    I wonder if those who served in WWII ever though it would come like this.
    :faint:

-Jedi

Dead on target Sir.

A statist pig is never satisfied until all control resides in the state.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    OP, are you sure it was TSA you saw? I haven't seen ANY TSA folks working in any capacity downtown. Every other alphabet agency sure, but not TSA.

There were a gaggle of TSA people in black BDU-type utilities with dogs at the corner of Market and I think Delaware checking out some big charter buses the last two days. I walked right past them as I went from the Sun King tent at Market and College to the City Market complex. They were across the street from that abandoned bank (man, some enterprising soul should've opened that structure up for parking this week and made a mint). They had dogs out, but I couldn't tell exactly what was going on. They didn't seem particularly happy the first day to have people walking right through the group of them (I kinda walked up on them while they weren't paying much attention to the street; it was pretty early), but aside from waving their arms a bit they didn't say anything to me. I was CC'ing though; maybe I'll OC today instead.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Hahaha...... Maybe it should have been. :):

@ VUPD:

The people I saw were in all black Walmart tactical gear and had the letters TSA on their tops. I wasn't the only one who saw them. The guy who pointed them out to me started mocking them and calling them the puppets of Janet Napalitano and the DHS.

Perhaps there is hope yet :)

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    There were a gaggle of TSA people in black BDU-type utilities with dogs at the corner of Market and I think Delaware checking out some big charter buses the last two days. I walked right past them as I went from the Sun King tent at Market and College to the City Market complex. They were across the street from that abandoned bank (man, some enterprising soul should've opened that structure up for parking this week and made a mint). They had dogs out, but I couldn't tell exactly what was going on. They didn't seem particularly happy the first day to have people walking right through the group of them (I kinda walked up on them while they weren't paying much attention to the street; it was pretty early), but aside from waving their arms a bit they didn't say anything to me. I was CC'ing though; maybe I'll OC today instead.

ok then. they must be keeping totally separate from the rest of the agencies, which is odd. I don't get to be in the middle of the festivities so I couldn't say what's going on in there, I'm more behind the scenes....

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    ok then. they must be keeping totally separate from the rest of the agencies, which is odd. I don't get to be in the middle of the festivities so I couldn't say what's going on in there, I'm more behind the scenes....

Odd? It certainly is. I can only assume by your screen name and comment "you are more behind the scenes" that you are an LEO in some capacity? First, thank you! I have much respect for any LEO who isn't drunk on power and in my opinion, you don't appear to be. Secondly, isn't it common courtesy for any LEO operating within the jurisdiction of another agency's district to inform the locals?

I'm not saying they didn't respect said courtesy, just wondering if my perceptions of professional courtesy are correct?

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    TSA are NOT Law Enforcement Officers

That depends upon which TSA employees you are talking about. Federal Air Marshals are TSA, have arrest powers, and are considered law enforcement. There may be other examples as well.

The security officers at the security checkpoints at the aiport are not.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    That depends upon which TSA employees you are talking about. Federal Air Marshals are TSA, have arrest powers, and are considered law enforcement. There may be other examples as well.

The security officers at the security checkpoints at the aiport are not.

Did anyone say Air Marshal :dunno:

TSA: Federal Air Marshals

Office of Law Enforcement/Federal Air Marshal Service

Federal Air Marshals have an ever expanding role in homeland security and work closely with other law enforcement agencies to accomplish their mission. Currently, air marshals staff several positions at different organizations such as the National Counterterrorism Center, the National Targeting Center, and on the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Forces. In addition, they are also distributed among other law enforcement and homeland security liaison assignments during times of heightened alert or special national events.

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    Did anyone say Air Marshal :dunno:

I did, because you stated:
    TSA are NOT Law Enforcement Officers

Which is not correct. Some TSA are Law Enforcement Officers, and that was just one example.

I suppose you could say "TSA Transportation Security Officers working at airport security checkpoints are not LEO," and that would be correct.

It's unclear, however from the OP who these TSA were. I'm merely pointing out that it is possible some of them were TSA LEO's.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Air Marshalls should be wearing badges with "DHS" on them. I did not see any with "TSA" on them. However, CSX Police and many other alphabet groups are responsible for the train station part of Union Station as well as the Greyhound bus terminal security. There are lots and lots of them in that area.

Top Bottom