• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Thats pretty funny, no I'm not calling you a fascist. But, here is a point of view I will ask you to consider...
    I understand that it is comforting having everything being the same everywhere, but surely you understand how this prevents growth, and innovation. It prevents car manufacturers from coming up with ergonomics or devices that may help stop chronic turn-signal-throwers such as yourself from committing these horrifying acts. Or it may be preventing a new type of traffic light from being developed that may save lives and/or money. The list can go on and on (did you know even the buttons on remote controls and now the volume of commercials on tv will be regulated (CALM act)) What terrible things we must endure until we get the knights from the fed to ride in and save us.

Living in a homogenized world is no way to advance society. And its definitely no way for new creations to come about, and could you imagine what it would have held back on the internet? And please dont get me started on what it does to the individual and liberty.

Absolutely. Just take yellow lights, for example. The black marks in front of most stoplights on the highway are not because truck drivers all drive like kamakaze pilots, but rather because they are expected to do things which are on the outer edge under ideal conditions and damned well against the laws of physics under less than ideal conditions. I suggested to the boneheads at INDOT making the yellow light flash 4 times in conjunction with the green light to give double the warning rather than having to slam the brake pedal with all one's might as soon as the light turns yellow and hope that you don't end up stopped in the middle of the intersection. The answer is that this isn't how it is in the book from the feds. A friend who is a state senator managed to get the yellow lights extended by 3 seconds at two highway intersections in his district. For the difficulty involved you would have thought that he wanted a 4 lane highway built to his mother's house in the wilderness 20 miles past the limit on the great commission, but he finally got it done. The number of accidents at those intersections dropped significantly. Did the state run with it? Hell no. They won't go along with using the free-standing warning signs which flash when the stoplight is about to turn. The reason? People will depend on them and it could create a hazard if they failed (which somehow is worse than having a hazard every time). The argument about the joys of federalized traffic control fail at multiple levels including the feds suffering from cranial-rectal inversion, the states blindly following when they really shouldn't and could get away with some variation, and refusing to do things that are already done in other states demonstrating that they could do it if they wanted to...demonstrating once again that government at all levels is the problem, not the solution.

I would like to remind you that two of the three solutions to a very dangerous problem previously mentioned would cost the state ABSOLUTELY NOTHING beyone payroll time for someone who would be on the payroll anyway and probably not doing anything more important otherwise.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    So, we don't want it the way the Israelis do it (even though it works well) and we don't want TSA.... what is the solution? You don't have a right to fly. Argue semantics and twist wording as much as you want. Find another way to your location if you don't like it. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it's the truth. If you want to sit here and argue that the framers couldn't predict that flying would be so crucial and manipulate it that way, you open up that argument coming back to you in several ways (ie: automatic weapons being restricted from civilians argument). I believe there are some airports using private security now... if that is the case, drive to one of them. :)

EXACTLY what methods would be excellent for keeping bombs off planes? What would work better? I'm seriously asking this b/c I'm no expert.

Terrorists have shoved bombs up their butts to get them to their target... you're telling me that one wouldn't try getting an explosive on an innocent looking child to get it to the target?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Terrorists have shoved bombs up their butts to get them to their target... you're telling me that one wouldn't try getting an explosive on an innocent looking child to get it to the target?

None of the present measures, particularly the more troublesome ones, are adequate for detecting a C4 enema. They are simply unacceptably invasive with a conspicuous lack of return on investment in any way other than training the masses to yield to most anything in the name of security. Reports have also come out about the X-rated scans failing to detect contraband fashioned into materials conforming to normal body curvature. Would you support a choice between cavity searches or finding another mode of transportation?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    524173_349203168450524_165801456790697_892453_440760236_n.jpg

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    ....Your point is valid; I don't dispute it in re: the right to travel. The method/mode of travel is the only issue here.

Blessings,
    Bill

Common carriers have been around from some time. If someone cannot be refused their use under protected status, I would argue that the right exist to utilize them.

I can analogize travel and its means, to self defense and its means. The right is acknowledged, but denying the means is akin to infringement.

Top Bottom