• ...and so much more!
  • Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I now have the slightest bit of experience carrying .380 pistols. My versions are the Ruger LCP, and the Kahr CT380. Let me start this by saying that I am large enough, and wear baggy enough clothes, to comfortably pocket carry a Kahr CM9. At times, I find it a bit large/heavy, and my only alternative was the Keltec P32. Hence the acquisition of a .380, or two. There is not a dime's worth of difference between the ballistic performance of .32ACP FMJ, and .380ACP XTP, but the increased size of the 380s make the easier to control, and quicker to put rounds on target, at greater distances. The 380s are a bit less burdensome to carry, print less, and the CT380 is 7+1 vs the CM9 and LCP being 6+1. All that is water under the bridge; I still feel better equipped for a bad day with a slightly heavier 9mm, than either the .32acp or the .380acp. Primarily because I shoot the CM9 better. Perhaps range time and practice will mitigate that. Perhaps.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I concur on the little Bersa Thunder .380 acp!
    I've owned a couple of them over the years and loved the little pistol...steel pistol, but not too heavy...the steel absorbed a good deal of the felt recoil, making it feel 'soft' as a shooter...it has the same fixed-barrel as the Walther PPK/S and accuracy was second to few!
    I had the single stack versions, they now make a double-stack for increased capacity.
    Not quite a pocket pistol, but carry easily in a OWB holster!
    Best of luck!
    Was talking about the Bersa line a few weeks ago with someone asking for advice. I always seem to forget about it.

I described it as "Like a PPK, if a PPK were reasonably priced and more reliable."

At least that's my experience.

Top Bottom