• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Even Limbaugh fell for the wall.

I'm reading today that he tried backtracking, as though he knew it wouldn't be done.

CrEsDs5WIAAb7B6.jpg:large

I'm still falling for the wall...Possibly Pink Floyd's greatest work.....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm still falling for the wall...Possibly Pink Floyd's greatest work.....

True.
    I was watching some russian dash cam failures this weekend.
    Instead of the horrible garbage rap or heavy techno that usually accompanies the vids on the drivers radio they were playing...... Pink Floyd.
    Gave me hope for the russians.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    banger, you must use a different definition of "objectively false" than I do...If we're looking at historical head to head polling, the thing that is "objectively false" is trying to act like the polls did not consistently show Trump getting shellacked by Clinton head to head and the other candidates not getting shellacked by Clinton head to head.

Even as late as early April, when Trump was in the middle of assassinating Cruz's character, head-to-head polling showed Trump losing to Clinton by 9, Cruz tied within the margin of error, and Kasich ahead 7...

Let's be careful about what I actually asserted: I never claimed Trump was not getting shellacked, or that other candidates couldn't beat Hillary; I in fact specifically noted Kasich as someone who was consistently beating Hillary in the polls. So I want to make sure you understand what I mean. What I take issue with is the assertion that anybody other than Kasich consistently showed that result. For specific example, could you post April 2016 polling showing "Cruz (tying Hillary) within the margin of error" - preferably multiple sources? As a Cruz supporter myself, I'm not saying it didn't exist, but I was watching the RCP averages and didn't see it, and I would like you to share that with us, if you have it. Again, I'm not looking for a single outlier, but something which indicates a solid, reliable signal that Cruz could beat Hillary, within a month of him calling it quits in Indiana.

...Go back to November, when Rubio and Carson were still in the race, and head-to-head polling showed Carson, Kasich, Rubio, and Cruz ALL beating Clinton head to head--and only Trump losing to Clinton head to head....

(I'm just going to posit here that the 16-candidate rugby scrum in late 2015, a year from the election, wasn't indicative of anything in terms of testing individual candidates' ability to beat Hillary, so I'm simply not interested in it).

.....All that's left is...the prospect of 4 years of Hillary Clinton, handed the presidency on a platter by the Trump Brigade in a year that should, with any other candidate, have been a walk in the park for Republicans..

Again, I don't disagree that Trump is handing the Presidency to Hillary on a platter; I think he's doing her up proud. What I disagree with, is the assertion that any other GOP candidate (besides Kasich) wouldn't have done the same. I have always believed this race was hers to lose, and Kasich was the only thing I see which really had the potential to change that.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Again, I don't disagree that Trump is handing the Presidency to Hillary on a platter; I think he's doing her up proud. What I disagree with, is the assertion that any other GOP candidate (besides Kasich) wouldn't have done the same. I have always believed this race was hers to lose, and Kasich was the only thing I see which really had the potential to change that.

As a Kasich supporter, that's what frustrates me sooooo much. (you listening Bug? ;))

We republicans fractured at a time when we needed to come to together and get from chains of 8 years of a Democratic White House. At that point during the election cycle a very clear argument for Kasich (the higher percentage chance of win) would be "Think of the Supreme Court".

However, those pleas fell on deaf ears and we ended up with Trump. And now what are Trump supporters saying, "Think of the Supreme Court"!

:n00b:

It's a too late for that now. You folks had your chance, and you blew it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    No, you establishment Republicans blew it, you had your shot, and totally wiffed.

Kasich was was nothing but an establishment hack.

So... when Hillary wins the response should be, "you non-establishment Republicans blew it, you had your shot, and totally wiffed"?

:dunno:

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    So... when Hillary wins the response should be

:dunno:

If that is the case, so be it.

An establishment Republican will get us to the same place as Hillary just a bit slower.

Just look at all of W's accomplishments.
    Patriot Act
    Homeland Security
    TSA
    Medicare Part D
    No Child Left Behind
    Iraq
    Afghanistan

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Blame can never be placed on them, how dare you for suggesting it should.

If Trump loses it's on him for not getting your alls support...I have said that numerous times...If you all will feel good continuing to blame Trump supporters for losing the election to Hillary I am okay with that....It shouldn't last no more than two years or so and I can handle it...:)

Of course the question is moot because Trump is going to win by 5 points....When that happens I will not in any shape or form gloat...I will reach out my hand to you all...With an Icy Cold, real sugar, Dr. Pepper extended in friendship....

:ingo:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Problem I see is that Trump keeps on missing now....Hillary hands him opportunity after opportunity to refocus the conversation on her and Bill; but he has to always turn the target back on himself.

Take his stupid "Second Amendment People" comment. He was given a real opportunity to turn that around and make it about Hillary and what the DNC platform says about taking guns away but instead; he wiffed...

Just yesterday; he had the chance to reframe the immigration conversation. Wiffed again and went right back to "ship 'em all home".

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Problem I see is that Trump keeps on missing now....Hillary hands him opportunity after opportunity to refocus the conversation on her and Bill; but he has to always turn the target back on himself.

Take his stupid "Second Amendment People" comment. He was given a real opportunity to turn that around and make it about Hillary and what the DNC platform says about taking guns away but instead; he wiffed...

Just yesterday; he had the chance to reframe the immigration conversation. Wiffed again and went right back to "ship 'em all home".

Yep, and when someone does that enough times... you start to wonder if they're actually trying to win.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom