jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's no miracle.

States simply rescind their dedicated authority and move on down the road.

Is it some utopia? Nope..... but it does lead to greater decentralization.
    Let’s lock down what you’re saying? Is it that the central state is dissolved then each of the current states become their own sovereign nation? That’s what you said sounds like to me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No. Not at all.

I am saying the only power the central government has is that which is delegated to it by the States.
    If the stares delegate power to the US government then the US government derives its power from the states.

Can you stop using subversive language and just be transparent about what you’re saying?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Or is it “US government” vs “the central state?” When you say that I take that as meaning the US government. Is that what you mean?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    If the stares delegate power to the US government then the US government derives its power from the states.

Can you stop using subversive language and just be transparent about what you’re saying?
    At the risk of being subversive, I will note it is the States and not the stares that delegate authority.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    At the risk of being subversive, I will note it is the States and not the stares that delegate authority.
    Obviously just a typo. And fair enough. I like poking fun at typos too.

But you’ve avoided the question. I’d like to know shat you actually believe about this stuff, but you keep obfuscating. Why?

And why do you think that the states delegate authority to the US government? Or if you’d rather, “the central state.”

Who gave the States the power that they delegated?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Obviously just a typo. And fair enough. I like poking fun at typos too.

But you’ve avoided the question. I’d like to know shat you actually believe about this stuff, but you keep obfuscating. Why?

And why do you think that the states delegate authority to the US government? Or if you’d rather, “the central state.”

Who gave the States the power that they delegated?
    I am not obfuscating anything.

The only authority is "the creator", "nature", "providence", "insert name here".

Certainly, there is no lack of substitutes willing to fill the void of those whom are seeking a leader or a saviour.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am not obfuscating anything.

The only authority is "the creator", "nature", "providence", "insert name here".

Certainly, there is no lack of substitutes willing to fill the void of those whom are seeking a leader or a saviour.

Wait. We just went from states “delegating” power to the central state to Jesus? How did that happen?

If Jesus grants that power fine, but why not just start with that? Why did we have to go on the whole “the only power the central government has is that which is delegated to it by the States” wild goose chase?

I’m really trying to understand what you actually believe. You make a lot of vague statements. I’m curious what they lead to. But when things don’t make sense, I’m gonna push back a bit.

But if you’d rather not reveal what you mean by this I wish you’d just say so.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Wait. We just went from states “delegating” power to the central state to Jesus? How did that happen?

If Jesus grants that power fine, but why not just start with that? Why did we have to go on the whole “the only power the central government has is that which is delegated to it by the States” wild goose chase?

I’m really trying to understand what you actually believe. You make a lot of vague statements. I’m curious what they lead to. But when things don’t make sense, I’m gonna push back a bit.

But if you’d rather not reveal what you mean by this I wish you’d just say so.
    I honestly cannot understand what is so confusing about it.

States created the central state; not the other way around. States can revoke their delegated authority. States can dissolve the central state.

Further, no legitimate State exists without the consent of man.

"We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness—-That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom