• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    As I've said in the treads in the breakroom, I've been in the union for 25ish years and 95% of the Union workers I've delt with from all trades Vote Republican
    You would know better than I so I will just ask you.

Do you think that is a function of where you live or of being union? IE ruralish IN vs Detroit, MI

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I've worked in 6-8 states from Minn. to Ohio and from Mich. to Georgia. So a wide variety of people and locations.
    It holds true for the guys from Detroit to Quincy Ill. and from Minneapolis to Cincinnati

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Funny, I see few if any Trump commercials up here on the shows I watch. I do see a lot of Kami commercials attacking Trump. So when the commercial comes on about constant attack ads against her by Trump, I almost chuckle.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've worked in 6-8 states from Minn. to Ohio and from Mich. to Georgia. So a wide variety of people and locations.
    It holds true for the guys from Detroit to Quincy Ill. and from Minneapolis to Cincinnati
    Up here those that have signs in their yards about being union tend to have D election signs as well.

Why, if so many union members vote Republican, do the Unions always support Democrats?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Why, if so many union members vote Republican, do the Unions always support Democrats?
    Bribes and kickbacks
    For me, it seems like the (mostly) union members who vote D are also the one who attend the monthly meeting. They are also (not always) are the ones who play the union game and give all of us a bad name.
    The ones who vote R would rather be at home with family. We're the ones who go to work everyday do the jobs we're paid for, to the best of our ability.
    I've stated this before, during the '16 election my union (pipefitters) had commercials stating "were not telling you who to vote for, just vote"
    This election (before sleepy Joe dropped out) the we're endorsing Joe, even though Joe canceled the pipelines, which employs most of the fitters.
    I've had words with my BA when he would call wanting me to sign up for donations to the Dems

Edit to add
    Most* of the top brass for the international unions are on the east coast where it's corrupt

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Donald Trump, for all his faults, was a refreshing change in 2016, as the first potential party nominee, who articulated wanting to deal with the nation's troubles, without having spent a career directly causing those troubles.

That alone made him a worthwhile candidate.
    His name recognition made him a viable candidate.
    After inauguration, even though it was an uphill slog all the way, hamstrung by the media and lying Democraps, and kneecapped by traitors within his own party and administration, he demonstrated, for the most part, that our faith had been well placed, and he was a trustworthy candidate.
    For only the second time in my life, a President with views I could support, did what he promised to do. How refreshing.

On a daily basis, he took the fight to our enemy's doorstep, and never turned away in the face of fire.
    Until his administration was derailed by the deadly, and some would say, (get your tin hats) deliberate pandemic, his policies proved themselves effective.

I'd like to see a return to his policies.
    So I voted for him today.

I also wanna see some revenge on his tormentors.
    There, I said it.
    The Big Get Even Tour.
    Just another reason to vote for him, if ya' gotta' have one.

Washington DC is full of useless monuments to stupidity and waste (like Schumer, Pelosi, Schift, the heads of the 3 letter agencies, etc.)
    They, and their ilk, as well as some of the buildings could stand to go. We'll, maybe not the buildings, rather the people working in them.

So, viewed with respect to what DT has done, and has intimated that he wants to do.....I don't mind so much if he's not the most articulate man. Or the most moral.
    Patriotism goes a long way towards alleviating the "weight" of morals, especially when the opponents exhibit none.
    Not "questionable" morals...the Democraps have NO morals.

I hope he wins.
    I hope he makes wise appointment choices.
    I hope he is able to push his agenda over the finish line, to the benefit of all Americans.
    In short, I hope he kicks some ass.

PS. Upthread, someone said Killary was the worst candidate ever.
    Sorry, no. That was Michael Dukakis.
    Even Killary was smart enough to avoid the "Beetle Bailey" photo/moment, and she never let anyone see her standing next to her broom.
    Well said. Bravo!

I could not agree more. I loathed Romney, but when he became the nominee there was never any doubt in my mind who I would vote for. I thought McCain was a pompous ass whose greatest moments were while he was still in uniform and had been resting on his laurels since then, but again no doubts about who to vote for when he became the nominee - nor did I endlessly try to drag down my fellow conservative's enthusiasm for the candidate or kvetch 30 days before the election that some other possibility who fell by the wayside months before would have been a better choice

That the opposition tries to discourage support for our candidate in order to lower turnout is obvious, why would I want to help them in their endeavor?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's rather the point of the article. Be harder for her to do anything unless the Senate and House go D, which is the less likely scenario.

I would be interested in your thoughts on how Trump is paying for his? Can you cite anything that tells us how? At least you can cite what you did for Kamala as its all over the place.
    Foz, I've said this before but I'll rehash

There IS no plan to deal with the structural debt that isn't multi-generational and we have the fiscal memory of a goldfish

2024 budget was $6.1 TRILLION, and $1.8 TRILLION of that was new debt/deficit

Thus revenue for 2024 was $4.3 TRILLION. Just to stop the bleed would require an across the board average spending cut of 29.5%

Then, if we somehow took another across the board spending cut of 10% and could somehow guarantee ALL of it went to debt retirement instead of being frittered away on new spending/vote buying, it would take just shy of 84 YEARS to retire $36 TRILLION in structural debt IF WE WERE PAYING ZERO INTEREST ON IT

Which of course, we are not. I cannot blame anyone for choosing not to come up with a 'plan' to fix an insoluble problem. I do think Trump will increase government revenues through growth in the economy as well as target the inevitable spending on problems that I care about. He is more likely to stop digging the deficit hole if his programs can be enacted before the midterms, but that isn't a given considering we could be in a hot war or two at almost any time

As you know, if there was ever a time to trust in the Lord, this is it, for then all things are possible

If nothing else, WWIII would 'restructure' the debt market

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If Trump wins, it is also likely that the Senate and the House will be Republican held making it much easier to implement his policies
    Ah, yes. Just like in his first term, yes?

Unless there is some secret plan to offer RINOs 'plata y promo' I don't see him being able to call all the shots on the economy. There are still plenty of CoCrublicans left to make him wary of the Ides of March

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Many economists also contend that Trump's proposed tariffs on goods from China and other trading partners would increase prices for consumers.
    IMO this ia a feature and not a bug, provided the induced higher prices/margins are used as an inducement to domestic production with legal American workers. There are a number of places with significant national security implications where we could start - critical infrastructure to support the grid like high power transformers, chemical components for ammunition like primers and powder (why is no nitrocellulose produced domestically?), shipbuilding, nuclear and conventional energy etc etc. I think it is OK for government to not exactly pick winners in that space so much as encourage good growing conditions for domestic start-ups

Top Bottom