• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Assuming the links are accurate, demonstrating they're Christians does not prove anything about how they would vote if they could. Demonstrating that they tend to be conservatives does not prove that that they would vote Republican if they could vote. Those are only factors. There are several factors we might talk about why they would favor Democrats. Which you did not address other than the one counterpoint you offered, which actually tends to identify how they might vote.
    They not going to vote Republican till we address that elephant in the corner: xenophobia.

The bit about the conservative case for immigration is a straw man of the opposing view. Conservatives in the US do not oppose legal immigration, but, they also want immigrants who actually like the USA and will assimilate. Also, we should maintain our population the old fashioned way. Couples in the US should **** more for the purpose of having children as married couples and **** less for the purpose of one night stands with people they hardly know that they're just using for sex.
    Just how do you propse we get Americans to **** more? Studies are showing we **** less. How do you propose we fix that?

And that xenophobia comment is not all that accurate either, but you interpret what people say as that. Is it xenophobic to want immigrants who come here, to come here legally? To actually want to come here and assimilate into American cultures? To want to obey our laws? To be freedom lovers who would want to fight to keep it? If you think that's xenophobic, perhaps you're listening to people who want to villainize conservatives, and marginalize their viewpoints because they want immigration for a different purpose?
    The xenophobia is clear and blatant concern Haitians in Springfield. Voodoo, eating pets, etc., etc.

Sanity check: Do you support open borders?
    Of course not. My record is clear: Illegal immigrant do not deserve to be in America.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They not going to vote Republican till we address that elephant in the corner: xenophobia.
    I don't think that you've made the case that xenophobia is the problem with conservatives and migration. I think it's probably the NPR hammering that in your head. It's not legal immigration that's the problem, as long as the people coming here want to be Americans and will assimilate into American life. No country wants their ethos changed by people who are fundamentally incompatible with their cultures.

The primary issue is illegal immigration. Are you xenophobic for saying illegal aliens don't belong here? I think you consume too much "moderate" news. Not that you need to consume conservative news, or, heavens forbid, progressive news, to be informed. It doesn't hurt to leave your bubble and consume everything. There is such a thing as a moderate bubble. "Centrism" for the sake of it is an ideological bias too.

Just how do you propse we get Americans to **** more? Studies are showing we **** less. How do you propose we fix that?
    Encourage more conservatives to become teachers at all levels through grad school. Vote in conservatives to school boards. Get rid of feminist nonsense that teach young women it's better to grow old single and become cat ladies than to marry a man and have a traditional marriage. And, let's stop teaching young men that masculinity is toxic and that they're part of some evil patriarchy whose only purpose is to oppress women.

In other words, let's kill off Democrats through attrition. Make new generations conservative again. Where people **** to have kids again. Throughout human history this has been mankind's destiny, but since the 1960's not so much. Part of that is birth control but also it's been feminist ideology getting into higher education, indoctrinating the teachers, and on down to students.

The xenophobia is clear and blatant concern Haitians in Springfield. Voodoo, eating pets, etc., etc.
    So is it your belief that when in Haiti a the proportion of Haitians who believe in and practice vodoo is insignificant? I don't know if there are actually Haitians eating ducks and cats or not. People on both sides have reasons to lie. NPR has a reason to lie. GWP has a reason to lie. I don't feel like spending time in Springfiled to find out myself so I'll just leave that to others to be so sure about their beliefs. I'm willing to say, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But, is it really xenophobia to believe it? I kinda think your feels are turned up a bit too high. Maybe dial it back from 11 to around 3.

Of course not. My record is clear: Illegal immigrant do not deserve to be in America.
    Not so clear that I didn't have to ask. I mean before the NPR years, maybe. :):

Last edited:

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    Throughout human history this has been mankind's destiny, but since the 1960's not so much. Part of that is birth control but also it's been feminist ideology getting into higher education, indoctrinating the teachers, and on down to students.
    I just wonder if another piece of this is that we have gone for decades now without any external threat that can drive humans to reproduce. I know I didn't say that quite right but what I am getting at is we no longer have the see the will to survive as a species.
    Just farmer thinking here.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One other thing on the Springfield xenophobia. My problem with the Haitians in Springfield and really, refugees all over the country. Dumping them in small communities like this doesn't seem like it's because they're incompetent. They'd have to be truly idiots to do this and have no idea that adding 20K Haitians to a town of 60K or so is not going to have a huge negative effect on the cultures in that community. I think Occam's Razor is kicking Hanlon's Razor's ass again on this one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just wonder if another piece of this is that we have gone for decades now without any external threat that can drive humans to reproduce. I know I didn't say that quite right but what I am getting at is we no longer have the see the will to survive as a species.
    Just farmer thinking here.
    I know what you mean. What's the saying? Something like, hard men create easy times. Easy times create soft men. Soft men create hard times. Maybe we're only a pendulum swing away from sanity again. Will JK see it as sane times or will he lament a return to traditional values as xenophobia or some other phobia.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    One other thing on the Springfield xenophobia. My problem with the Haitians in Springfield and really, refugees all over the country. Dumping them in small communities like this doesn't seem like it's because they're incompetent. They'd have to be truly idiots to do this and have no idea that adding 20K Haitians to a town of 60K or so is not going to have a huge negative effect on the cultures in that community. I think Occam's Razor is kicking Hanlon's Razor's ass again on this one.
    You and your razors. Just say what you mean...

The dems are out to systematically change this country. Many of them have said that line, many times.

When a political party makes a statement, folks should listen!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You and your razors. Just say what you mean...

The dems are out to systematically change this country. Many of them have said that line, many times.

When a political party makes a statement, folks should listen!
    I think I did say what I mean. There's a saying something like. The simplest of competing theories is preferred over the more complex ones. Another similar one is, never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence. We're often asked to ignore what seems most like it's intentional in favor of just believing it's incompetence.

Well, there is a point at which the more complex theory is that someone could reach such a level of incompetence and not be questioned. So then the simplest of competing theories is that it's intentional. I really doubt putting that many culturally incompatible people in a town of 60K was merely incompetence. I have to be convinced of fewer facts not in evidence to believe it's intentional.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011