• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I'd hug a cop too, but I'd get the one out of a hundred who thinks I was assaulting him, and because of that I'd get tazed, thrown to the ground and all jack booted thugged on.:D

Moral of the story, don't be a hater of the 99% who are good.
    Jeez IBM....
    You have to remember to talk to them in a soothing tone of voice and scratch them behind the ears before you try to hug them....:)

Oh wait......
    That's for dogs. :facepalm:

Never mind......:):

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Excuse me for being a donkey's rear, but what you claim as fail, I see as a impatient stupid person driving his own little rocket ship down the road endangering the life's of people around them that they have no regard for.

Think of the person who decides to merge into the left lane after being behind a truck that has to run 65mph because that's the posted speed limit for them, that after looking to see if they have enough distance to change lanes, and when they do they suddenly realize that the car that was far behind them is running 20 mph faster and runs over them because he's in a hurry.

If you're that much of in a hurry, leave 10 minutes earlier so you can drive at a speed that won't endanger my life and the other people driving on the roadway instead of trying to run 85-90 mph in a posted 70.

If you was the one that was on the receiving end of the ISP stop, sorry about your lighter wallet and increased living expenses from higher insurance.

People who want to play stupid games, receive stupid prizes.
    If you pull over in front of someone going faster to pass someone else, then move over after passing, great. If you are one that pulls over then never goes back, not great. That was my point. If the guy that had someone pull in front of them starting tailgating, bad on his part. I don't do either.

I didn't get either of the tickets you are so proud of.

I see examples of both most every day on my way to and from work. People can have four lanes and there will be a guy blocking the left lane and an idiot or two right behind them. Even when there is no longer anyone to the right, they both stay and play their stupid games. So many people are extremely rude when behind the wheel, both from the front and behind.

I always get a kick onto those that will not get out of the left lane, then flip the bird or flash their brights if someone has the gall to pass them. Especially when they speed up to try and stop the person from passing them.

Seems if there were more courtesy and less antagonism, the road would be a much happier place.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Being inconsiderate. This time it got someone killed as it does thousands of times each year all across the country. Goodrich man killed after truck driver pulls in front of him - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

My wife and children were luck enough to get to see this one up close and personal as we drove past before any police officers arrived. Lovely sight for my 6 year old daughter to see. Why did it happen? Because the truck driver decided he would just pull across the northbound lanes and block them while waiting to turn southbound because he was more important than the right of way of the north bound travelers.

I logged over 4000 miles on the interstates between Ontario and Houston during my vacation the last two weeks. I can't count the number of times I was cut off so that a trucker could driver .0000025% faster than another and take 20 minutes to pass. Apparently, for the overly intelligent, going 55.1mph while the other guy is only going 55.05mph somehow makes you that much more attractive to the lot lizard at the next stop. Maybe the meth dealer was running low and the race to get there first was on.
    I think you are just mad that Ice Road Truckers is getting better ratings than Cops.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkxaF5Pq5D8&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkxaF5Pq5D8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    If you pull over in front of someone going faster to pass someone else, then move over after passing, great. If you are one that pulls over then never goes back, not great. That was my point. If the guy that had someone pull in front of them starting tailgating, bad on his part. I don't do either.

I didn't get either of the tickets you are so proud of.

I see examples of both most every day on my way to and from work. People can have four lanes and there will be a guy blocking the left lane and an idiot or two right behind them. Even when there is no longer anyone to the right, they both stay and play their stupid games. So many people are extremely rude when behind the wheel, both from the front and behind.

I always get a kick onto those that will not get out of the left lane, then flip the bird or flash their brights if someone has the gall to pass them. Especially when they speed up to try and stop the person from passing them.

Seems if there were more courtesy and less antagonism, the road would be a much happier place.

Well KLB here is where the problem lies, I was in the left lane running 78 passing 5 trucks (in my SUV in case you missed that), I'm just in the middle of the 2nd of 5 I'm passing when he (driving a Dodge Nitro) and his running partner behind him (looked like a Cadillac) runs up and tries to encourage me to speed up and move faster or move over abruptly by doing an communistic maneuver in between two guys and create spacing problems.

I am also not going to speed up faster and take the chance of me getting a ticket just to let him pass because of his inability to cruise along a slower pace while we pass the line at a decent speed.

If I had not had my wife, best friend, his wife and brother in-law with me when he nudged up behind me to NASCAR drafting standards, and there was no one right beside, or directly behind and to the left, I would have brake checked him.

His actions right there to me indicated that he had no concern of anyone else on the road for him, he deserved every point on his license that he gets and every darn $$$ that he has to pay in insurance because it's a holes like him that cause accidents that change peoples lives.

Now I'm going to address the two above highlighted bold statements.

First, 4 lanes or not, whether it says 55, 65 or 70 if they are running the speed limit they are allowed to be there, there is no law stating that the right lane is 55, middle lane is 65 and the left is 75, that litte sign on the side of the road applies to all lanes. So if you run up behind someone chugging along running the speed limit, know what I say, tough :poop:, should have left five minutes earlier so you would not have to endanger mine and others lifes by having to travel at a high rate of speed.

The last statement, it's the me first society, all things in life apply to them first and to others last. Respect comes from the parents first, teach them respect and it flows throughout their entire life with anything they do.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    IC 9-21-8-3 prohibits trucks from using certain lanes, including while passing.

IC 9-21-8-12 and 13 restricts travel on interstates to the far right lane except in the case of a three-lane interstate where trucks can use the far two right lanes.

....First, 4 lanes or not, whether it says 55, 65 or 70 if they are running the speed limit they are allowed to be there, there is no law stating that the right lane is 55, middle lane is 65 and the left is 75, that litte sign on the side of the road applies to all lanes.......

How about this sign:

images

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

IC 9-21-8-12 and 13 restricts travel on interstates to the far right lane except in the case of a three-lane interstate where trucks can use the far two right lanes.

How about this sign:

images

He was in his automobile passing slower traffic while traveling 8 mph over the speed limit in the first place. How does that apply?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    He was in his automobile passing slower traffic while traveling 8 mph over the speed limit in the first place. How does that apply?

It wasn't sarcasm. I am merely pointing out that all the rules of the road apply, including lane use. He should be more concerned of passing the line of cars, and then move over and let those idiots pass. His is not the job of LE.

I understand his frustration with reckless people that will get someone killed with excessive speed, but he then expresses his near intent to brake check the guy behind him? Seems rather hypocritical to me.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

How about this sign:

images

Ok since your internet expertise has drudged up old code, if memory serves me correct, there must be a sign stating for example "Right 2 lanes trucks only", and this is only seen on 3 lane wide interstates, not 2 lane which makes up majority of the interstate system in this country.

Also that sign, this is for people who feel the need to travel slower than the posted speed, if the speed limit is 55 and your traveling 55, tough :poop: 55 is the speed limit, that sign is not an exemption to travel above it. So when you're tooling down the road and wander up behind that guy you think is moving to slow, look to the right for these signs...

images

You'd be amazed at how many do drive the speed limit.

It wasn't sarcasm. I am merely pointing out that all the rules of the road apply, including lane use. He should be more concerned of passing the line of cars, and then move over and let those idiots pass. His is not the job of LE.

I understand his frustration with reckless people that will get someone killed with excessive speed, but he then expresses his near intent to brake check the guy behind him? Seems rather hypocritical to me.

His is not the job of LE
    That's why I don't have red and blue lights on my vehicle and carry a CCW badge to make it look like I'm a LEO.:cool: I had my friend make the call, it was to inform LE of a possible reckless driver, after all, is it not correct you yourself can be arrested for not reporting a crime?:D

Rules of the road, what are the rules of the road?

Really, please enlighten me, because upwards to 30-35 percent of the people driving passenger vehicles have no clue what the law is, little alone what the rules of the road are.

Now as far as being concerned with passing the line of TRUCKS, not cars (helps to read the post), I had a good 550 feet to pass the last truck.

So my concerns are to not get a ticket. You see us CDL drivers get 2 tickets in one year and we loose our CDL privileges for 6 months (now I'm on un-employement and you're footong my bills with tax money), bet you folks that drive 4 wheelers don't know that (driving a rig or passenger vehicle, does not matter)

So that means I'm not speeding up.

Keep him off my rear, well I'm not swerving out of the way and creating a accident to let the idiot by, so that falls back to part one, not speeding up.

So that means I'm not moving over, nor speeding up.

So him and the guy behind him both fell into the dangerous drivers category. Therefore I deemed it was necessary to give LEO's like Phylodog a little P&T exercise.

P&T means Pursuit and Ticket if you did'nt get it.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have to say the beer man makes valid points here folks. I roll the hi-ways and by-ways all over the state. I need my license to work so 5 to 8 over is the limit for me and that is usually rolling with the flow of traffic. I have experienced this same thing so many times. I will move over and let folks go on if I can. If not just stay with me at a good distance and I will clear the lane ASAP. Do not Dale Earnhart me as I too will become agitated and slow down just to make a point....safely. I have had cars so close to my rear bumper that I could not see them in my mirrors and when I do manage to clear the lane I get flipped off. Screw that and all that goes with it. If that kind of driving seems OK to some of you then something needs to be adjusted. Common courtesy seems to be less important than some folks self centered desires. JMHO....Carry on.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well KLB here is where the problem lies, I was in the left lane running 78 passing 5 trucks (in my SUV in case you missed that), I'm just in the middle of the 2nd of 5 I'm passing when he (driving a Dodge Nitro) and his running partner behind him (looked like a Cadillac) runs up and tries to encourage me to speed up and move faster or move over abruptly by doing an communistic maneuver in between two guys and create spacing problems.

I am also not going to speed up faster and take the chance of me getting a ticket just to let him pass because of his inability to cruise along a slower pace while we pass the line at a decent speed.

If I had not had my wife, best friend, his wife and brother in-law with me when he nudged up behind me to NASCAR drafting standards, and there was no one right beside, or directly behind and to the left, I would have brake checked him.

His actions right there to me indicated that he had no concern of anyone else on the road for him, he deserved every point on his license that he gets and every darn $$$ that he has to pay in insurance because it's a holes like him that cause accidents that change peoples lives.

Now I'm going to address the two above highlighted bold statements.

The last statement, it's the me first society, all things in life apply to them first and to others last. Respect comes from the parents first, teach them respect and it flows throughout their entire life with anything they do.
    I talk in generalities, and you take it personally. Nowhere did I accuse you of anything.

First, 4 lanes or not, whether it says 55, 65 or 70 if they are running the speed limit they are allowed to be there, there is no law stating that the right lane is 55, middle lane is 65 and the left is 75, that litte sign on the side of the road applies to all lanes. So if you run up behind someone chugging along running the speed limit, know what I say, tough :poop:, should have left five minutes earlier so you would not have to endanger mine and others lifes by having to travel at a high rate of speed.
    I guess you missed this part in the Indiana Driving Manual Chapter 5
    Changing Lanes and Passing
    Other Vehicles
    Only change one lane at a time. When changing lanes to prepare for a
    turn, do so at least 200 feet before the turn. Do not weave in and out of lanes,
    which greatly increases risk of an accident. On the highway, slower vehicles
    should use the lane to the right. Leave the left-hand lane for faster moving or
    passing vehicles.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

What is your idea of slower traffic? Driving 78 in a 70 passing a line of trucks presumably moving ~65 does not meet my understanding of 'slower traffic'. I, for one feel no obligation toward people who feel the need to drive something on the order of the ~90 mph required to run up on a 78mph vehicle like it is sitting still, I feel no obligation to camp out behind a line of 65mph trucks to accommodate them. Courtesy is one thing. The kamikaze pilots do not own the road any more than anyone else.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    My father-in-law was a long-haul trucker for some 40 years and loved it (aside from it keeping him away from home so much) until the last 5-10 years or so. He said he just got to the point where he couldn't stand the brash, selfish "rookie" mentality that permeates the industry these days. Before that period, he was like most truckers, in that they never met a stranger. There was a strong sense of brotherhood and responsibility on the road.

It was enough to make him glad he made it to retirement age when he did.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom