• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    TSD/OST/SI has been pushing this idea forward this last year. I'd like to try one out sometime myself.

TSD COMBAT SYSTEMS TIER 2 GLOCK PISTOL

TSDT2.1.JPG

That's exactly how I want my G22 set up...except I want to change it over to 9mm first.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I'm hoping to get the slide shipped out next week. We'll see if that happens.

Are you having the slide milled where it puts the RMR at the rear and leaves the rear sight in place? I didn't actually see any of Bowie's photots that did that, so I am curious. I see they seem to want to mill a new dovetail in front of the RMR.

Last edited:

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    This is an interesting read on another user who put an RMR on a game gun. G35 w/Trijicon RMR - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The idea of mounting an optic like this to the slide has been an idea for as long as these have been available (I think it was Tasco and Doctor that first made these back in 2002 or so). The issue has always been keeping the internals together under the shock of a moving slide. Some folks went so far as bullet proofing them by covering the internal circuits in epoxy (Beven Grams of Grams Engineering is one).

It's a great idea as long as the hardware holds up.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    This is an interesting read on another user who put an RMR on a game gun. G35 w/Trijicon RMR - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The idea of mounting an optic like this to the slide has been an idea for as long as these have been available (I think it was Tasco and Doctor that first made these back in 2002 or so). The issue has always been keeping the internals together under the shock of a moving slide. Some folks went so far as bullet proofing them by covering the internal circuits in epoxy (Beven Grams of Grams Engineering is one).

It's a great idea as long as the hardware holds up.

We have a lot of guns, with a lot of thousands of rounds on them. Using the Trijicon, no problems. Some of the cheaper ones, probably. Kelly McCann has had his for a lot of years now, don't know if he had the problem you mention or not.

Last edited:

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    aside from mounting them on the handguns, how are the units themselves? good at holding 0's and build like a tank?

i will be looking into getting a red dot for the AR i'm building up. looking around i ran across a deal for an rmr that i was going to post a new thread about, but the search results turned up here. i can get a deal on the RM03, which is the 13moa amber dot fiber/tritium model for $300. deal or no deal? the 13moa might be a bit big for a handgun sight, but for an AR would it be too big? or is the 13moa more for cqc/shotgun vs 50-100yd handgun/AR?

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    the 13moa might be a bit big for a handgun sight, but for an AR would it be too big? or is the 13moa more for cqc/shotgun vs 50-100yd handgun/AR?

I prefer a 4 MOA for my rifles and 7 MOA for handguns. Look at it this way: At 100 yards a 13 MOA dot would cover a 13" area of the target. A 7 MOA would cover 7" and a 4 MOA would cover 4". The larger the dot, the easier it is to acquire, but are you happy with covering 13" of target at 100 yards with a rifle?

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    but are you happy with covering 13" of target at 100 yards with a rifle?

That's why, if you use a 100 yd zero, you use the top of the dot as the aiming point/zero. With a 13 MOA dot and a 100 yd zero, a 55 gr FMJ load drops just over 12" in 300 yds. I wouldn't want to use it on 8" plates a that distance, but for larger targets, at 300, you can hold the bottom of the dot and be ~1" high.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I wouldn't want to use it on 8" plates a that distance, but for larger targets, at 300, you can hold the bottom of the dot and be ~1" high.

At 300 yards your 13 MOA dot will cover a 39" circle as compared to a 12" area with a 4 MOA dot. I understand what you are saying, but I prefer a smaller dot with a cleaner field of view.

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    Glock 23

Waiting on my slide to return from ATEi up in Michigan my lower just came back from Templar Custom Arms and shipped my Glock 22 off to Bowie this week.

Top Bottom