• ...and so much more!
  • kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    triggers

Many triggers have been pulled. Some bullets have hit home and the effects are yet to be felt. Let us not fall asleep due to sloth, lack of concern or even ignorance. The big bullet is not far away from the small arms fire!

Personal preparedness is paramont to survival in this life. SHTF is not always an externally precipitated phenomenon. Prepare now while the resources are available. If nothing else, food, arms, medicine, fuel, and etc have never decreased in price. As a matter of fact, they always outpace inflation in most cases. Prepare now so we can eat, drink, and be merry tomorrow.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My triggers that I focus on:

Natural disaster (katrina flashbacks)

Mass Power outage (Ft Wayne was getting nutts after a couple days and only half of the city lost power)

International trade being conducted by non-US dollar reserves.

Obama's reelection.

Spot price on silver & gold (tells you what the worldwide market demand is on real currency). If silver prices in particular start to spike again (as they have been for the last few days) it certainly catches my eyes.

Interest rates on home loans blowing up through the roof. Right now you can finance a home for under 4%, but if/when it blows up I think that number will double in short order.

Gun sales & panic buying similar to what we experienced in 2008.

UN troops on American soil wearing blue helmets acting like the "Red Coats" would catch my attention as well.

Basically I try to keep my eyes open to a lot of areas, but I'd agree with the general concern that our country is well over due for some fairly severe market corrections that will be some rough times, but once they've washed out there will be a brighter future on the other side.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    One of many triggers and relevant now....

A repeat of the 2000 election. There is so much tension right now and I do not see "civil unrest" not happening if it is a tight election where a winner is not declared within 24 hours or so.

I remember an editorial in the Philadelphia newspaper where a woman writer hinted that would be the case if he lost in 2008.

I am praying it is a decisive election with a clear winner.

aka-kesler

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    The outcome of the upcoming election is gonna be a real deciding factor on the economy.. So, I'm watching the economy and election and waiting to see how bad unemployment gets.. Its for sure gonna be worse if the current party stays in power.. Large corporations are already developing that wait and see attitude just like 2008. Time will tell.. but I'm already concerned about scociety in general. Prepping is a way of life for me and mine already!!!

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    Long bow mentioned early in the thread that he was prepping for a personal SHTF like loss of a job, financial issues, etc. His perspective is smart. YOUR world can get turned sideways while everyone else's world keeps on turning.

If you're prepping for your own world to suffer a trigger event, you almost by default are prepping for the grand scale stuff like $5 gas, looting gangs, major agricultural setbacks, the next Michael Bay movie, ad infinitum.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My triggers...

I am down to the last Beer, the last Bottle of Whiskey, the last bag of Popcorn...

Popcorn I got.....Whiskey is all gone.....I would offer some beer but you like that German stuff. I always wake up in strange places with stranger people when I get into a few of those...................:D

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Triggers are being pulled right now. Fuel prices, food prices and so on. The false presentation that the economy is on the rebound. It is stagnant and is so by design I think.
    More and more Zombies wondering the streets. Young folks with absolutely no desire or intention of working. Their numbers are growing, another trigger/indicator. The lack of Honer and Morality in the general population. The list goes on.
    My wife has some serious medical issues and has had to take early retirement at 53 yrs. old. I am 62 and a cancer survivor (remission) so we have no expectations of surviving a long term SHTF scenario but we prep for our kids and their children. We intend for them to have every opportunity if this society makes it or not.
    Our BO partners are younger and share our views of the world. Hope we never see it.

Edit....Children are being abused, abducted and murdered in record numbers. Epic Morality fail that will not be fixed or properly addressed by our judicial system or society in general.

This is basically it for me, although I'm younger. Sadly I'm the only one really prepping out of me and my parents. They aren't doing too much. Mom does try to keep stocked up on food, so that helps. And dad bought a generator for winter storm outages. But I'd rather have a power source that's a bit more reliable than that long term.

I could go on about why I think morality today has gone down so much. But that would get into religious discussion, so I won't push it and get in trouble this time...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Popcorn I got.....Whiskey is all gone.....I would offer some beer but you like that German stuff. I always wake up in strange places with stranger people when I get into a few of those...................:D
    No Whiskey?! :(

How about Whisky?! :dunno:

And half the fun of Drinking German Beers was waking up in Strange Places with Strange Places... :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom