• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    He was half asleep when his girlfriend came in the room, kissed him goodnight. Then there was a shot. She shot herself in the head, collapsed on top of him and bled to death in his arms.

We are in utter disbelief. Never a sign this was coming.

Was she on sleep medication by any chance?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Wow! Very sad, sorry to hear that man. I hope he will find healthy ways to deal with it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    As the others have said...be there for him and keep a close eye on him. Make sure he understands there is no shame in seeking professional help to deal with this loss. My son talked to a therapist a few times after his dad hung himself, and it helped him a lot.

Prayers for all involved.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Condolences to the family. Suicide is not a nice thing at all. I unfortunately have dealt with that way too many times....mother, grandpa, friends, friends and more friends. I remember finding my mom when I was about 16, terrible feeling and to this day it is as clear as yesterday. Destroyed our family as we knew it. The same with my grandfather. You either feed off of it and become a stronger man or you give up and let it define what you could have been. I hate for anyone to have to deal with this. So sorry for the young man.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Wow, sorry for your friend and his family and what they are going to be dealing with for awhile.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    That will haunt him the rest of his life.
    This is truth! I have an uncle whose fiancé did similar when he lost his job right before their marriage. They decided to hold off on getting married until things were financially sound again, she chose the selfish way out, and he's never been the same; never had another girlfriend, never been serious about dating since then.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    That's horrible, and so hard to understand. Our nephew's girlfriend was unmedicated bipolar, and shot herself with his gun, with her 3 kids in the house. Nephew was on the phone with her and heard the shot. I can understand those feelings of despair, hopelessness, and wanting to be out of pain, but not actually going through with it. Sorry to hear this.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I'd strongly suggest your friend insist junior see a therapist for at least a few weeks after the funeral mess is over. That's a HUGE load of poop to have dumped into your mind, and he really will need help to shovel it out. His own life may well depend upon it.

After that, my deepest condolences. No other words.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'd strongly suggest your friend insist junior see a therapist for at least a few weeks after the funeral mess is over. That's a HUGE load of poop to have dumped into your mind, and he really will need help to shovel it out. His own life may well depend upon it.

After that, my deepest condolences. No other words.

There is truth here^^^^^

I grew up with 2 people that when young found their fathers dead from self inflicted wounds. 1 in the tub bled out and the other at the kitchen table shot through the head.
    Therapy was not prevalent then. Both of those boys grew up to be lost souls. 1 taking his own life.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Need to let the son grieve for a moment, and then get him some counseling as soon as possible. He will mostly likely need help processing this.

I am truly sorry to hear this. Wish you all my best.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What a horrible thing for one human being to do to another. My deepest sympathies to the young man and his, and your, families.

Top Bottom