• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I haven't looked at the new speed codes in years, but i think going 16 over the posted speed was reckless driving..I'm sure it probably higher these days.
    It's amazing how most bitch about gas prices and are the ones speeding. It always seemed to me, the more of a hurry i was in, the longer it seemed to get where i was going. For years, i have been in gas saver mode. Don't like how my posted speed limit driving is, then go around me.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I got my 2005 GTO up to 132 on I 70 towards Newcastle. There are a couple of multi mile straight stretches between exits there. Got up to speed, then let off then coasted down for a mile. In that particular car, it felt no different than doing 70.

I’ll bet the Corvette would be even more fun and faster, but I don’t dare these days

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I got my 2005 GTO up to 132 on I 70 towards Newcastle. There are a couple of multi mile straight stretches between exits there. Got up to speed, then let off then coasted down for a mile. In that particular car, it felt no different than doing 70.

I’ll bet the Corvette would be even more fun and faster, but I don’t dare these days
    My 145 as a passenger was in a built 2007 GTO on I70. Those early 00's gto were fun cars. Same engine, tranny and rear end as a vette, but heavier. Sadly, there looks didn't impress. With a hood scoop, some ground effects and custom wheels, they started to look be mean. But stock they reminded me of a Cavalier.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    My 145 as a passenger was in a built 2007 GTO on I70. Those early 00's gto were fun cars. Same engine, tranny and rear end as a vette, but heavier. Sadly, there looks didn't impress. With a hood scoop, some ground effects and custom wheels, they started to look be mean. But stock they reminded me of a Cavalier.
    The GTO community referred to them as jellybeans until the oh fives with the hood scoops came out.

I sold it to buy the Vette.
    1681772495511.jpeg

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    You guys be sure to let me know how that works, because I've never heard of "just getting it taken care of".

What would you like to know? Because my infractions were quite some time ago and they are gone and have been gone.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow, I haven't driven nearly as fast as some of you guys! My best was about 105 on 135 on the way back from Brown County when I was still in high school. I was in Dad's old work car that he bought. 1973 Plymouth Satellite with a 318. Got hit head on by a drunk on Christmas Eve 1977. Totaled the car, but dad found a 1970 (I think) Dodge Polara with a bad engine, and had the engine from the Satellite put into the Polara.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Hit about 95 mph on my Goldwing many moons ago near Pinhook (just W of LaPorte). Decided it was not designed for that speed on that road.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I haven't looked at the new speed codes in years, but i think going 16 over the posted speed was reckless driving..I'm sure it probably higher these days.
    It's amazing how most bitch about gas prices and are the ones speeding. It always seemed to me, the more of a hurry i was in, the longer it seemed to get where i was going. For years, i have been in gas saver mode. Don't like how my posted speed limit driving is, then go around me.
    I'll repeat myself, most people speeding like this are not in a hurry. They like to drive fast.

Doing the speed limit is great, as long as you stay to the right. Most highway speed limits are set too low.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You guys be sure to let me know how that works, because I've never heard of "just getting it taken care of".
    I did get that done back in the 90’s. Prosecutor and Trooper would not agree to anything with 0 points, finally, after over an hour of back and forth they said, ok, no points, write a $500 check to the county battered women’s shelter and it will go away. Then I had $400 in attorneys fees.

Employer frowned on such things as 85 or so in a 55. LOL

Doubt it would work that way today…

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Heck. I broke 100 a couple times in the ol 06 expedition on the way down to Indy Saturday. Cruise was set at 85 for most the trip down.

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Portage
    Would just rather the money go to a shifty lawyer then the local government :)
    Son that was another time and another place. Chicago 1970's Go to the lawyer room and pay a lawyer $25 give him the court room number and time. Sit down in the court room and wait he would check you in. The judge would call the lawyer up talk for a second and hand him your license. Outside the court room the lawyer would give you your license and his business cards and tell all your friends. It was great times until Operation Greylord.

Go to court maybe you will get a fine and driving school.
    You need to remember law enforcement is a business.
    They got you speeding give them what they want your money, and they may let you go. If it was not about making money they would be trying to catch real criminals and not you. Criminals cost money to catch that's bad for business100.jpg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Hit about 95 mph on my Goldwing many moons ago near Pinhook (just W of LaPorte). Decided it was not designed for that speed on that road.
    Goldwings are not.

A Suzuki is. So are some of the other bikes from Honda...and Yamaha.

Hit 170 on a bike....That's about the area where I start weighing the balance of a wipe out in a steel bathtub or a bike.. Still have not had much interest beyond that.

This much I will say....a decent motorcycle makes even a "top level sports car" feel like a bloated elephant.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My 74 Mustang topped out around 113 mph.
    I wish I could try out my current 2020 Explorer.
    it still feels like there is a lot of pedal at 90 mph…

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    My tickets were awhile ago…. But not decades. The lawyer was in the twin towers in merrillville IN. So they have been torn down a few years but not the 70s 80’s or 90’s :laugh:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    No, it was not the same trans and engine as the vette. C5 onward (1997Y) all have the transmission and dfferential as an assembly at the rear of the car with a torque tube running the length of the car. The GTO used a Dana 44 center section like a C4 vette but without the u-joints like all the Holden Monaro's. The D44 was used in manual trans only C4 corvettes, and a T56 was used like the 4th gen camaro. GTO/Monaro were still front engine, rear wheel drive with the engine and trans connected at the front, the diff in he back like any other normal RWD car. The corvettes are not that.

Top Bottom