• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I have a Glock 17 with all the factory stuff (3-15RD mags, box, papers, ect.) I have a guy wanting to trade me a Taurus PT92 with 5-15rd mags, Fobus paddle holster and $100 cash for my glock, should i? His is the stainless steel version, not blued.. and seems to be in nearly new condition my glock has a very very low round count also.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    I've never known anyone to have any problems with the Taurus 92, I'd probably do that trade.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    The Glock would sell much quicker, should you ever need to "cash it out", the Taurus most likely would not sell as quick or for as much, in a cash situation.
    I would not do that trade unless you just really don't like your Block.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I say it would not be an even trade, even though some could say, a fair trade. I think the Taurus is a decent firearm for its money, the Glock is a World Class Firearm for its money.

If I were the owner of the Taurus, I too would rather have the Glock, and therefore the desire to trade.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I would keep the Glock as well but to each their own. And when did the G17 start coming with 15 rounders instead of 17 rounders!?! Sorry but it's been bugging me, do you have a G17 or a G19?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I would keep the Glock as well but to each their own. And when did the G17 start coming with 15 rounders instead of 17 rounders!?! Sorry but it's been bugging me, do you have a G17 or a G19?

G19 or G17... Still wouldn't make the deal.

Unless, of course, you just purely wanted something else/different. Especially if you had another Glock (or two) laying around in reserve.

That said, the PT92 is and has been one of Taurus' better pistols over the years. Some even argue even better than the Beretta due to the frame-mounted safety (rather than on the slide). I THINK that Beretta mags will work but I am not at all sure.

Barista

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    South Bend..."Go Irish"
    That said, the PT92 is and has been one of Taurus' better pistols over the years. Some even argue even better than the Beretta due to the frame-mounted safety (rather than on the slide). I THINK that Beretta mags will work but I am not at all sure.

I agree with the frame mounted safety vs. Beretta's slide mounted safety but I'm a Beretta fan and would take a Beretta M9/92FS/92G/etc. over the Taurus model equivalent. I have some Taurus revolvers and handguns too that are really nice shooters.

Yes, the Taurus is a good full size handgun and the trade sounds fair. The issue I have with Taurus Stainless Steel is that it's really shinny. Take a look at photos and imagines before making the trade because the bling may or may not be what you would expect.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    G19 or G17... Still wouldn't make the deal.

Unless, of course, you just purely wanted something else/different. Especially if you had another Glock (or two) laying around in reserve.

I agree totally but I was just wanting to know which model for my own curiosity! Lol, the mag count threw me off. I would also agree that the PT92 is one of Taurus's better offerings, and I want to say the Beretta mags won't work in it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Even though I am not a tupperware person, I would advise keeping the Glock. As previously noted, if you should ever need to sell out completely it will be easier to move and it is in spite of being polymer a better gun. I don't have any bricks to throw at the Taurus, but I have never seen any need to downgrade in a trade. I rather doubt that you need a picture of Ben Franklin that bad, so unless you are unhappy with the Glock, keep it, and if anything use it to trade up to something better rather than trade down.

Top Bottom