• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Would limiting the discussion to just Indiana LE be a hinder to some people that travel out of state and might find some useful information on LE practices in other parts of the country?

That's a delicate question and the ultimate reply is up to Fenway. However, I would suggest wording the rules much like our legislators word the laws which govern us.

I would suggest leaving LEO related discussion to Indiana and laws that affect those with an Indiana LTCH. I would included wording such as "Topics in which the OP reasonably believes are pertinent to an Indiana gun owner".

It would be up to Fenway and the mods what reasonable is. Much like it is up to a jury in society. I am sure that there will be posters that are on both ends of the spectrum of what "reasonable" means. There would have to be an adjustment (grace) period and the Mods would function as the jury of our peers and Fenway would function as the Judge. :twocents:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I also find bad LEO interactions from wherever they may be educational as it lets one know how bad it is in other areas of our country and how bad it could be here.
    I guess my point is that just because it did'nt happen in Indiana does'nt nessecarilly mean that it could'nt have an effect on someone from here.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    You guys just need to stop the *****ing.... just everyone agree to disagree. Some of you here are worse than a group of teenage girls at a slumber party! Stop casting stones, especially when you live in a glass house! Do the good, bad and indifferent thread for LE topics and call it a day. No one will be happy because its human nature! If someone is trolling, give em the ol one two toss-a-roo.... :):

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I guess my point is that just because it did'nt happen in Indiana does'nt nessecarilly mean that it could'nt have an effect on someone from here.

I would say that threads such as "Philadelphia Police Beat Man in Wheelchair" could happen in Indiana. However, I would also say that they have nothing to do with being an Indiana gun owner.

I would also say that a thread that updates SCOTUS decision involcing a case in Dallas in which police arrested a LTCH holder for brandishing a weapon, could have everything to do with being an Indiana gun owner.

But, if rules were implemented similar to the one's I suggested, it would not be up to me.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's a delicate question and the ultimate reply is up to Fenway. However, I would suggest wording the rules much like our legislators word the laws which govern us.

I would suggest leaving LEO related discussion to Indiana and laws that affect those with an Indiana LTCH. I would included wording such as "Topics in which the OP reasonably believes are pertinent to an Indiana gun owner".

It would be up to Fenway and the mods what reasonable is. Much like it is up to a jury in society. I am sure that there will be posters that are on both ends of the spectrum of what "reasonable" means. There would have to be an adjustment (grace) period and the Mods would function as the jury of our peers and Fenway would function as the Judge. :twocents:
    I get where you're trying to go but I don't think I would feel to comfortable with the Judge and Jury analogy.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I get where you're trying to go but I don't think I would feel to comfortable with the Judge and Jury analogy.

It just simplifies everything a little bit. From what I gather Fenway runs this sight as if he were just another member of the jury. However, he reserves the right to veto anything he feels strongly about.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I would say that threads such as "Philadelphia Police Beat Man in Wheelchair" could happen in Indiana. However, I would also say that they have nothing to do with being an Indiana gun owner.

I would also say that a thread that updates SCOTUS decision involcing a case in Dallas in which police arrested a LTCH holder for brandishing a weapon, could have everything to do with being an Indiana gun owner.

But, if rules were implemented similar to the one's I suggested, it would not be up to me.
    It's not just cases like that. there have been threads like the incident down in Florida, I believe it was Miami, that dicussed LEO's threatening someone with bodilly harm and takeing thier property, a cell phone and smashing it on the ground because that person was tapeing them. Now that may not have had anything to do nessecarilly with firearms but still the same i'm sure there are a number of people here that travel to Florda and would be interested to know about encounters with bad LEO's like that.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Kick,
    I don't think that would be a good idea. Look at the DUI checkpoint thread. I learned that checkpoints are constitutional, and I learned that you have the right to avoid them. Limiting discussion to Indiana would limit learning.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    It's not just cases like that. there have been threads like the incident down in Florida, I believe it was Miami, that dicussed LEO's threatening someone with bodilly harm and takeing thier property, a cell phone and smashing it on the ground because that person was tapeing them. Now that may not have had anything to do nessecarilly with firearms but still the same i'm sure there are a number of people here that travel to Florda and would be interested to know about encounters with bad LEO's like that.

Then those people should join a forum such as copwatch or something similar. This forum is for Indiana gun owners.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Kick,
    I don't think that would be a good idea. Look at the DUI checkpoint thread. I learned that checkpoints are constitutional, and I learned that you have the right to avoid them. Limiting discussion to Indiana would limit learning.

There are plenty of other places on the web to search law. Limiting the law section of this forum to firearm oriented law could hardly hurt.

For those that want to check their stocks, the weather, or learn law that is not specific to the firearms community, there are a plethora of other websites.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    There are some examples, in this thread, of what I was talking about. Someone decides to involve themselves in the discussion, gets asked a pointed question, and chooses to respond with evasive and snotty replies. You can't **** into the wind and then complain about getting wet.

I agree that no one has defined what bashing is. Granted, talk of violence is uncalled for, but that should apply to any profession. So what is bashing?
    "The officers involved in the Bisard debacle are guilty of either gross incompetence or criminal cover up." Would this opinion be considered bashing?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    There are plenty of other places on the web to search law. Limiting the law section of this forum to firearm oriented law could hardly hurt.

For those that want to check their stocks, the weather, or learn law that is not specific to the firearms community, there are a plethora of other websites.

Do you honestly think this would solve anything? We would still have the same members replying under the same rules, only limited to one state.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Then those people should join a forum such as copwatch or something similar. This forum is for Indiana gun owners.
    Then why not go all the way and restrict all topics in all threads to only Indiana Gun related issues?

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    There are some examples, in this thread, of what I was talking about. Someone decides to involve themselves in the discussion, gets asked a pointed question, and chooses to respond with evasive and snotty replies. You can't **** into the wind and then complain about getting wet.

I agree that no one has defined what bashing is. Granted, talk of violence is uncalled for, but that should apply to any profession. So what is bashing?
    "The officers involved in the Bisard debacle are guilty of either gross incompetence or criminal cover up." Would this opinion be considered bashing?

Although I cannot comment on what other posters define as bashing, I can give examples of what I consider bashing.

If you made the statement: The officers involved in the Bisard debacle are guilty of either gross incompetence or criminal cover up."

and someone asked why you felt that way......

If you replied with facts and articulated your stance, I would not consider it bashing.

If you replied with one of the many cliche statements that some have complained about, I would consider it bashing.

To more directly answer your question, I would not consider the statement in itself to be "bashing"

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You guys just need to stop the *****ing.... just everyone agree to disagree. Some of you here are worse than a group of teenage girls at a slumber party! Stop casting stones, especially when you live in a glass house! Do the good, bad and indifferent thread for LE topics and call it a day. No one will be happy because its human nature! If someone is trolling, give em the ol one two toss-a-roo.... :):
    I see you brought the matches.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Another thing comes to mind. The cop bashers that officers are complaining about are empowered by the very people doing the complaining.
    Example:
    Member: all cops are pigs.
    Officer: no they aren't.
    Member: yes they are. (And on it goes)

OR

:tumbleweed:

It takes two people to argue every time.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Another thing comes to mind. The cop bashers that officers are complaining about are empowered by the very people doing the complaining.
    Example:

OR

So.......
    If I agree with a false statement by not refuting it you'll be happy??
    Sounds kinda like you just don't want anyone to disagree with you. :dunno:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Example:

OR

AGREED.

But, if someone on a different type of forum posted that all gun owners were psycho's, you would have a hard time ignoring that comment. If you see it once or twice, it's relatively easy to pass it by but, after seeing the same comment time and time again, it becomes harder and harder to pass it by.

Top Bottom