• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I remember hearing tales from door gunner that when the barrels of their M60s were just about dead they would unlock them so the next round down the pipe would launch the barrel clear. I always wondered if anyone ever got a kill like that :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I remember hearing tales from door gunner that when the barrels of their M60s were just about dead they would unlock them so the next round down the pipe would launch the barrel clear. I always wondered if anyone ever got a kill like that :D

Or wounded seriously.......:)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Hmmm...first the A-bomb, then the H-bomb, and then the T-bomb, C-bomb, or S-bomb, depending on one's preferred terminology.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    GREAT close air support airplane. Long loiter time (could stay on station), could carry a large load of weapons and had a really steep dive angle which gave great accuracy (CEP - center error probable). I loved to hear the FAC report that skyraiders were on station. Had a fraternity brother win the Air Force Cross for landing his A1 on a dirt road in North Vietnam and picked up his downed wingman while under fire. Flew the wingman back with him laying on the wing root - the A1 was a single seat airplane.

Oops... Sorry for the thread hijack.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    GREAT close air support airplane. Long loiter time (could stay on station), could carry a large load of weapons and had a really steep dive angle which gave great accuracy (CEP - center error probable). I loved to hear the FAC report that skyraiders were on station. Had a fraternity brother win the Air Force Cross for landing his A1 on a dirt road in North Vietnam and picked up his downed wingman while under fire. Flew the wingman back with him laying on the wing root - the A1 was a single seat airplane.

No worries.....I love to hear these story's of hero's doing what they do.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

:yesway:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Man, it must have been painful to walk for both of those guys.

Top Bottom