Today I am 11 days old.On November 12 at 6am I had a heart attack.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I'm not letting you off that easily. Moulder's nemesis was called "Cancer Man" or "Cigarette Smoking Man" Depending on how far back you go in the episodes. The one with Mamma under the bed in a box creeped me out! But on a less geekier note, I was glad to have been able to stop by. I am not ready to replace my IO yet. And get that Mrs. in for that checkup! The Rocket Roundup is worried about both of you!

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Glad to hear you're doing alright. I can't imagine how scary it must have been for both you and your loved ones. You've got a great attitude about this, and here's to your continued health. Take care. :yesway:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Glad you made it back. How long of an ambulance ride was it from the first hospital to te second? If you have kids it's a great time to explain they have daddy's genes and they better never smoke and watch their cholesterol :)

Do you have siblings? May want to get them a stress test if they have any symptoms in retrospect.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Once you stand by the light at the end of the tunnel and manage to get back out you are forever changed from the experience.
    Laying on a bed receiving huge doses of chemo and listening to my darling wife set me up for what seemed to be an endless array of chemo, radiation and test's I was overwhelmed by the fact that I was not immortal. Your mortality is thrust full into your mind and life. Time becomes a priceless commodity. The 2 tunes you posted fit perfectly into what you are describing and that I some how managed to live through when the odds said "NO JOY" I am 10 years out and one of 5% that make it this far. I understand.
    Do not allow others to waste any precious moments you might spend with family and friends. Spend your minutes as you see fit. Yes, life is measured in minutes, really.
    To you I wish a long and fulfilling life.

A_Brit_In_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Oh I know this story all too well, March 1st 2004, chest pains, 10 minutes later I was as right as rain, it kept getting worse with less strenuous tasks, my wife (RN at the time) made me an appointment at Wishard, March 17th was the day. I got stuck in St Paddys day traffic downtown and was not going to go for my appointment, I decided it wasn't worth the grief I'd get from the wife.
    I parked the car and all but fell in the door, they paged everyone and their dog in the hospital including my wife (who had an ER pager) they took me straight in, stuck a load of wires to me and did an EKG, 10 minutes later I was good as new.
    I was at the hospital for hours, and finally they suggested a stress test, I made about 20 steps before I could go any further, I just about collapsed. They found a bed and had me booked for a stent the following morning, they said that my LDA was 98% closed and had I not come in I'd have probably been dead by the weekend with the same thing that killed my Dad, they called that the "widow maker" anyway I'm still on the pills, everything is good and like you I wasn't even overweight, BP was always excellent and a resting heartbeat in the 50's

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Glad you made it back. How long of an ambulance ride was it from the first hospital to te second? If you have kids it's a great time to explain they have daddy's genes and they better never smoke and watch their cholesterol :)

Do you have siblings? May want to get them a stress test if they have any symptoms in retrospect.

The ambulance ride was around 20 minutes.61 is the highway from Two Harbors to Duluth,the speed limit is 65. It was 25 miles or so plus traffic lights in Duluth on the way to the hospital.The one light we came to a complete stop at felt like it took days.I was in pretty intense pain at that point.
    It is a good thing I decided to do all this early in the morning as there was no traffic and the hospital is almost in the center of down town Duluth.

3steps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    NWI
    Awesome story! You know you are blessed when the worst day of your life becomes the best day of your life.

Here is a healthy song that is fun to sing.

Every Little Cell in my body is happy.
    Every Little cell in my body is well.
    Every Little Cell in my body is happy.
    Every Little cell in my body is well.

I can tell...
    Every little cell...
    In my body is happy and well!

I can tell...
    Every little cell...
    In my body is happy and well!

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. I've been thru three of them, two in March 99 and the third in March 2010. I have three stents in my RCA.

Genetics certainly do play a big part in coronary disease. My mother was 55 when her second heart attack in three months killed her. I was 52 1/2 when I had my first two. My dad died during emergency bypass surgery after a failed angioplasty in 1985. He was 73. In December 2010, my younger son, age 40(!) had one, and ended up with three stents. That's a hell of a family history!

Keep on doing what you're doing, take your meds, carry your Nitro with you at all times, and keep a positive attitude!

Top Bottom