Deploy smoke.

spy_hunter_smoke_screen.jpg

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I can hear when my brake light relay clicks on, and I know exactly how little I have to push on the brake pedal to make the lights come on.

Works all the time.

As does *GENTLY* applying the hand brake. Slows you down without showing lights. I wouldn't recommend doing this though.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    The vehicle to the rear is USUALLY at fault. Unless they can somehow prove that the lead vehicle intentionally caused the accident.

I've known several people that have been rear-ended and PUSHED into a 3rd vehicle, and were still at fault for not leaving sufficient space.

Brake checking isn't the most intelligent thing. Flashing your brake lights (without the sudden decel) would at least get their attention without the risk of a collision.

I use a dash cam when driving and have had one guy brake check me from 60 mph down 20 mPh. My tires were squalling he hit the brakes so hard. Maybe I was following a little close but I was very pissed the way he handled it. I also drive a tall truck so I can see if you were in the car it would seem a large truck was following closer than it really was.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    If you are rearended it is the other persons fault. No ifs and or buts. You could always claim you thought a Squirrel was.trying to.cross the road even if no such squirrel existed.

You must remember when playing road games you are not the only one with a gun. Never purposely provoke the dolts out there, they dont play on thr same field as we do. They are a protected species after numorous generations of inbreeding.......

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Deploy smoke.

Actually it wouldnt be that hard to do. Drill a small hole in the exhaust pipe past the muffler install small metal spray nozzle run steel line to a small bladder tank that has a small low volume pump in it. Fill with old motor oil. Run toggle switch to dash. Flipp switch on person following too closely.
    Also you could run another line to the bumper of your car for windshield washer fluid directly deployed to their car..

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    If I'd had my wits about me one time, a cop would've had some splainin to do. We were basically alone together on I-70 downtown, early on Sunday morning on my way to work. He was a few millimeters behind me. If... something... had "spooked" me, he would've needed a tow. Now, I probably would, just because that's the kind of guy I am; then I was still wet behind the ears. I like to have some space, and I grumble about the wankers that decide my space is room enough for them to fill in.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Deploy smoke.

Wow, this brings back memories.
    But I must disagree.
    Tailgaters must be treated to to the OIL SLICK!

But anyhow, in my older age I just let it go. I try to think, "what would you do if that was someone you love (brother, dad ... etc) behind you." I don't get my blood pressure up and the guy behind me doesn't fishtail off the road from a well placed and well deserved OIL SLICK>

Joshnbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Indianapolis
    IC 9-21-8-26
    Stopping or sudden decrease in speed; signal
    Sec. 26. A person may not stop or suddenly decrease the speed of a vehicle without first giving an appropriate signal to a person who drives a vehicle immediately to the rear when there is opportunity to give a signal.
    As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.9.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    IC 9-21-8-26
    Sec. 26. A person may not stop or suddenly decrease the speed of a vehicle without first giving an appropriate signal to a person who drives a vehicle immediately to the rear when there is opportunity to give a signal.

Guess that means the "Second-Gear Downshift Surprise" is a no-no.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    IC 9-21-8-26
    Thankfully, brakes lights are an "appropriate signal".

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Wow, this brings back memories.
    But I must disagree.
    Tailgaters must be treated to to the OIL SLICK!

But anyhow, in my older age I just let it go. I try to think, "what would you do if that was someone you love (brother, dad ... etc) behind you." I don't get my blood pressure up and the guy behind me doesn't fishtail off the road from a well placed and well deserved OIL SLICK>
    When one gets all worked up because someone else is driving like an idiot, it doesn't change the idiot's behavior. It only causes undue stress. I usually slow down to let them pass or pull off to the side of the road. It is a lot less stressful for me. :rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    The last jag that felt the need to ride my ass didn't see the giant alternator laying in the lane, but I did. Karma was instant, and brutal. He kissed the wall with his brand new luxury SUV. Not gonna lie, I giggled.

To this day I wonder how much damage that alternator caused, and why the hell was it in the middle of the highway?

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    Back in the early 60's :oldwise: I was riding with my Father in his 63 Oldsmobile. A young fellow was tailgating him. (Dad worked in the Homestead Steel Mill and was a big man). When we came to a one lane bridge, he stopped got out pulled the fellow from his car through the window took the guys keys threw them (keys) into the woods. and advised him it was a bad idea to tailgate. :rolleyes: Dad got back into our car and drove away leaving the guy looking for his car key.

I miss the good old days! :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom