• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    erm...psychopaths and narcissists may, in fact, be more likely to be opposed to wearing masks, sure...but that does't make resistance to masks psychopathic or narcissistic.

Plenty of racists love them some Trump...doesn't make loving Trump a racist act.

F'ing Newsweek. The commercial media doesn't even try to hide its biases anymore.

YEAH! It's been shown that psychopaths are more likely to be in management and the c-class, too, but that doesn't mean ... oh, wait a minute ... nevermind :)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If I were an employee at one of those places, I'd be a bit happy about that.
    Sucky enough job without adding "mask police" to it.
    I don't think the pay would be high enough.
    Eh. Doesn’t matter/ I was just at Walmart today. Everyone was wearing masks. Many people were not wearing them properly, especially the walmart staff. Most of them had the masks under their noses. When it’s mandatory whatever it is becomes just a box to check.

Yep, I’m “wearing” a “mask”. Check.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I haven't been following this thread, so sorry if this is dupe info.

Why are some anti-maskers so violent? They are actually justifying DGUs. :n00b:

Auto Shop Employee Shoots Two Men Who Attacked After They Were Asked to Wear a Mask

SF Muni driver beaten with bat after asking passengers to wear masks

I personally stepped between two women at a local Meijers two days ago that were about to go Jerry Springer over wearing a mask. Geez people.

You don't like the rules? I understand entirely. Just GTFO. Violence is neither needed or justified.

There have been instances on both sides.
    People nowadays just seem to be violent. I guess that happens in peace.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I spent some time on Youtube looking at "mask violence". Plenty there, but most of the posted videos are from local news stations, and most of the stories told were where it was the anti-mask people being violent. I'm not sure what the proportions are, but I am pretty sure that there is violence initiated on both sides. It's NOT one-sided as one would think just looking at what comes up in a youtube search.

And here's not so much a violent example, but dang this woman is ****ing crazy. "Deep state"? C'mon lady.

[video=youtube_share;30mL1FoyImg]http://youtu.be/30mL1FoyImg[/video]

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    If I'm in a large group, I will wear a mask for now. To date, I haven't been in a large group. 99.9% of the time, I'm 6' plus away from people. Up until last week, never wore a mask for anything other then going to Menards and getting a hair cut. Been fine without a problem.

Here is the kicker, as I said before, retailers may issue mask/face covering requirements. Most retailers are instructing employees not to actually enforce it. For example, at Walmart, they may tell you to wear a mask when you come in. Doesn't matter if you do or don't, they won't do anything. A manager might approach you and offer a mask, you don't have to take it. You can continue to shop with or without a mask after. It was a PR move, especially when a lot of people wearing masks/face coverings don't wear them right anyway, including employees.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    If I'm in a large group, I will wear a mask for now. To date, I haven't been in a large group. 99.9% of the time, I'm 6' plus away from people. Up until last week, never wore a mask for anything other then going to Menards and getting a hair cut. Been fine without a problem.

Here is the kicker, as I said before, retailers may issue mask/face covering requirements. Most retailers are instructing employees not to actually enforce it. For example, at Walmart, they may tell you to wear a mask when you come in. Doesn't matter if you do or don't, they won't do anything. A manager might approach you and offer a mask, you don't have to take it. You can continue to shop with or without a mask after. It was a PR move, especially when a lot of people wearing masks/face coverings don't wear them right anyway, including employees.

It wasn't a PR move. It was a move to comply with requirements from many localities. No longer forcing the issue is due to anger/violence brought upon them by people due to their anti-mask views.

Last edited:

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    FYI Bloomington's mayor has announced a new compliance hot line for Karens to call in and snitch on their neighbors. Sending in the cops to raid a backyard pool party
    is going to end poorly for someone.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    The mask mandate addresses enforcement stating “state and local health departments shall be responsible for enforcing compliance through education about the importance of wearing face coverings and dispelling myths and misconceptions about the use and/or the benefits of the requirement.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subu...0200724-jssew3ho2fg4nnfgmnpnbi3zfy-story.html

if you think local health departments will be patrolling the streets looking for those not wearing a mask, you're funny. They will be busy enough with covid crap they already do, restaurant inspections, etc.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No, it doesn't, Holcomb removed the criminalization part of his mandate. There is no penalty for not wearing a mask other then education.

Oh he did? I didn't realize that! To be honest I haven't been reading through this entire thread though. Just been skipping to the last post each time. Thanks for the info. :yesway:

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Keep calm and Mask on! Period!
    If iT SaVeS jUSt OnE LiFEeee!!!

just got back from a week in TN, crossed paths with 10’s of thousands of people, didn’t touch a mask the whole time.

nobody in my family group has a single symptom, it’s been a week. I’ve seen estimates that say 100% compliance will see a 30% case reduction, yet NOWHERE I’ve been has more than a 50% mask wearing ratio.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom