• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Where is the science that shows wearing masks for prolonged periods of time does not have an adverse affect on your health???

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ya... because damn those “mye rights” people... they’re some horrible people that should be avoided at all costs... amirite?
    They might be specifically looking for a reason to fight.

"I'm not going to wear a mask and punch the first person tells me too!"

I mean, there's just as many ancedotal stories and videos of anti-maskers as there are of mask-martinets.
    Plus, what is the expected outcome of such and interaction? The likelihood of me saying, "Excuse me, but you should be wearing a mask" getting a positive response is infinitesimal.

EDIT: I wasn't exactly trying to be dismissive or derogitory in my post, but you said it yourself Hatin: you think not wearing a mask is your right.

You forgot the purple.

I wouldn’t exactly use Korea and Germany as an example of “doing it right”. Their citizens obviously don’t have an understanding of freedom, based on history.
    How so? Who has a better grasp on the value of freedom and one whose had it and lost it? I bet if I had to walk to work for a week, I'd certain value my car a lot more, hence working hard to preserve it.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Agree 100%.

It would be nice if we could all at least agree that anyone exercising their rights is a good thing, regardless if you like how they’re doing so.
    As soon as they stop pretending that spreading virii is a right, and clinging to idea that by not wearing a mask they are the preventing America from becoming Communist.

And the non-snarky answer is, defying a lawful order from the Governor is not "exercising their rights."

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    As soon as they stop pretending that spreading virii is a right, and clinging to idea that by not wearing a mask they are the preventing America from becoming Communist.

And the non-snarky answer is, defying a lawful order from the Governor is not "exercising their rights."
    You seem to be assuming the order is lawful.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Where is the science that shows wearing masks for prolonged periods of time does not have an adverse affect on your health???
    Health care workers have been wearing masks for 12+ hours a day without problems.

Folks working in construction have been wearing N95/dust masks for hours a day.

WC0518-FT3-Silica_Dust-p1FT.jpg

The adverse effects on your health comes from NOT wearing masks in those professions, and many others.

What's next? You need a study to show hard hats are not bad for your hair before you start wearing one on a job site?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hell, I remember when this first started we were told if we wore masks we were killing doctors and nurses. Now we are told we have to wear 2, and stores are selling masks with logos and phrases on them as a fashion statement. At my annual dermatologist appointment (brother had melanoma so now i gotta be checked annually) he said he doesn’t think we will ever go back to going to hospitals or doctors offices without a mask, because now lawyers are involved and if they allow patients to come without masks and someone catches something they’ll be held liable. I told him if that’s the case I’ll just do virtual appointments and send him pictures of my moles for him to check.
    I think all of INGO can agree on the toxic leadership. It was a debacle, this I stipulate to.

The fact that they screwed that up and then doubled down with the "now we say" made cynics of the people they needed to educate, and perhaps rightly so.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That is a unique view of state government. At least I hope it is unique because it is so crazy.
    The history of Indiana is replete with large outbreaks of disease, not just the Spanish Flu, but Black Cholera, small pox, polio, epizootic diseases (a la Covid-19), scarlet and yellow fever and many, many more. A great deal of the state budget was directed at disease suppression, including the criminal code for breaking quarantines.

The State Museum is an excellent resource to learn more. Another great museum is the Indiana Museum of Medical History. You can learn more about the assorted pandemics there.

IU Press has several solid books on the history of pandemics and the state government's response. I can recommend them if you are interested in learning more.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    As soon as they stop pretending that spreading virii is a right
    Ok, I’ll bite. Prove to me, with scientific fact, that my not wearing a mask spreads the virus.

If that is true, wouldn’t areas that are predominantly anti mask have higher numbers of cases than those that are now double masking?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    They might be specifically looking for a reason to fight.

"I'm not going to wear a mask and punch the first person tells me too!"
    So now we’re basing it off of “might”? Anyone at any time for any reason “might” be looking for a reason to fight. You think it’s not their right to make their own choice, I do. As a matter of fact, they “might” have a medical issue that prevents them from wearing a mask, and they also have a right to remain silent so they don’t need to give you that reason or explain it, if we wanna get into technicalities.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Ok, I’ll bite. Prove to me, with scientific fact, that my not wearing a mask spreads the virus.

If that is true, wouldn’t areas that are predominantly anti mask have higher numbers of cases than those that are now double masking?
    Has anyone actually seen people double masking? Not the goons on TV putting on a show. I'm talking real life. I don't go out to the point of needing a mask except for the hospital and I haven't even seen it there. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just curious if anyone has actually seen it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So now we’re basing it off of “might”? Anyone at any time for any reason “might” be looking for a reason to fight. You think it’s not their right to make their own choice, I do. As a matter of fact, they “might” have a medical issue that prevents them from wearing a mask, and they also have a right to remain silent so they don’t need to give you that reason or explain it, if we wanna get into technicalities.
    EXACTLY!

That's my point - I DO NOT CARE WHY. I choose to maintain my course and mind my own business.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Has anyone actually seen people double masking? Not the goons on TV putting on a show. I'm talking real life. I don't go out to the point of needing a mask except for the hospital and I haven't even seen it there. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just curious if anyone has actually seen it.
    Nope.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom