• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My point was that testing people who wore a mask vs. those who didn’t and trying to draw conclusions based on their infection rate is the wrong thing to measure. They need to measure whether infected people who wore masks passed the virus to others. I don’t think there is any way to do that.

I think that is already covered in the Marine study. Contact limited with those outside the study as much as possible, strict mask protocols and rigorous testing as well as removal of positives as soon as they are detected, and still a 2% rate of infection. How else can that infection be spreading except despite the masks?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm not convinced that the Denmark study had a valid approach, but it would explain why the current spike is happening. A false sense of security frequently leads to painful consequences.

But, it then also points to a more binary choice: lock stuff down and mass quarantines with targeted exceptions or keep the open society and watch the worst-case scenario mortality predictions come to fruition.

If masks are ultimately futile, I'm not sure there are any precautions that would make this manageable.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think the theory of wearing a mask is to try and lessen the respiratory dispersement range of the virus when exhaling or coughing or sneezing. It seems to me to be the theory that they are pushing. My personal opinion is I do think that they are pushing a false sense of security by mandating masks.

This. Not quite as egregious as 'duck and cover', but being sold for the same reason - so as not to be forced to admit that there is really little action available to prevent a bad outcome. Once they had hyped the 'deadliness' of the pandemic, there was no way they could level with the populace (at least no way that let them keep their cushy legislative and gov't agency jobs, which to them amounts to no acceptable way at all)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This. Not quite as egregious as 'duck and cover', but being sold for the same reason - so as not to be forced to admit that there is really little action available to prevent a bad outcome. Once they had hyped the 'deadliness' of the pandemic, there was no way they could level with the populace (at least no way that let them keep their cushy legislative and gov't agency jobs, which to them amounts to no acceptable way at all)
    Yeah I agree that it's not quite as egregious as being told to get under our school desks in the event of a nuclear attack but it is akin to the same reasoning.

We have to tell them to do something even though in all likelyhood it won't really make a difference.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So you don’t see any reason to cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze?

I don’t agree with mask mandates. I also don’t think this was a well-designed study.

How about i promise to cover my mouth if I need to cough or sneeze. You know, like our mommies taught us to do when we were three. There. No more mask.

Wait, you still demand it? I guess you don’t trust me?

I mandate that everyone wear an adult diaper. I can’t trust that you won’t take a big ‘ole poop (really wanted to use a different word there, but I fear the Mouse) in front of me and I might slip it in and crack my head open.

Come on, if it saves one life...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you read the part where he doesn't agree with mask mandates?
    Where are you getting that he "demands" it?

If you're going to disagree with someone, at least make sure you are arguing the point, instead of making an argument up.
    Or don't.
    I don't really care.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I think that is already covered in the Marine study. Contact limited with those outside the study as much as possible, strict mask protocols and rigorous testing as well as removal of positives as soon as they are detected, and still a 2% rate of infection. How else can that infection be spreading except despite the masks?

I’m trying to understand your comment. Are you saying the people involved in the study remained around one another during the study, or just that they tried to avoid general contact with anyone? If they were locked in a room with only mask wearers and 2% still got it, then I think you have a valid point. I read it as one group wore them and one didn’t, and there was no difference in infection rates as they went about their lives. If that’s the case, I maintain that they’re measuring the wrong thing as the masks were never meant to protect the wearer. To be clear, I’m not convinced they protect anyone. I think the current spike is evidence the practice is questionable at best. I simply don’t think that study was the smoking gun.

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    I believe masks are actually unhealthy. Many of the people who have gotten the Wuflu are described as people who always masked up when going out. A friend of mine who works in the medical field had to see a doc and was required to be masked while in the waiting room. When they tested her blood for CO2, it was very high. Masks tend to lower the wearer's blood oxygen and increase the CO2 - both unhealthy effects.
    A mask is like a placebo. It makes people feel better, but IMHO, is pretty much worthless. The Denmark study seems to confirm that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I’m trying to understand your comment. Are you saying the people involved in the study remained around one another during the study, or just that they tried to avoid general contact with anyone? If they were locked in a room with only mask wearers and 2% still got it, then I think you have a valid point. I read it as one group wore them and one didn’t, and there was no difference in infection rates as they went about their lives. If that’s the case, I maintain that they’re measuring the wrong thing as the masks were never meant to protect the wearer. To be clear, I’m not convinced they protect anyone. I think the current spike is evidence the practice is questionable at best. I simply don’t think that study was the smoking gun.

The way I read it was the subjects were attending a two week [?] training session. They were tested for covid before being added to the cohort, their contact with people outside their group was limited as much as possible (that's what the verbiage about being served 'plated food' was about IMO, indicative of minimizing their interaction with people outside the study like people at mess), they were restricted to base/barracks and had a limited cadre of instructors and NCOs. They and their instructors and minders (NCOs) were closely monitored via continuous testing and those testing positive, even the asymptomatic, were removed from contact with the group as soon as detected. The participants were in 2 man rooms, sharing a bathroom and were required to bleach disinfect same daily. There were several classes run through the two week program and between classes the barracks were given what was referred to as a 'deep bleach cleaning'. The NCOs were there to really lean in and make sure mask discipline was maintained as tightly as possible. The conditions created were just about as stringent as it would be possible to create, and transmission could not be stopped

In the wider world, you could not establish conditions anywhere near as optimal for seeking to inhibit spread, so the takeaway for me is we're not going to stop this from spreading except via an effective vaccine widely distributed

Crash7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2020
    IN
    Did you read the part where he doesn't agree with mask mandates?
    Where are you getting that he "demands" it?

If you're going to disagree with someone, at least make sure you are arguing the point, instead of making an argument up.
    Or don't.
    I don't really care.

Simmer down, slick. The “you” in my rant is towards those that want to parent me in general. Not the person I quoted. I was simply voicing my displeasure at the emperors. I apologize for misquoting and any confusion it caused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Unless you have plenty of n95 mask or a mopp suit and nbc filters for your gas mask there is no need to wear your little cloth or surgical masks that probably won't stop pollen spors. Covid19 is so small it would be like stopping mosquitoes with a chain link fence. It's a waste of time without the proper mask. Oh and if you have a beard the mask isn't going to help unless you are clean shaven. I talked to my Dr and neurologist both agree. If you don't have the proper mask and wear it properly you won't stop Covid19. They say the best protection is washing or sanitizing your hands before touching your face. So no mask for me because I don't have the proper mask to wear in the 1st place.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    (language warning)
    [video=youtube;dLVsyPhlIDc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLVsyPhlIDc[/video]

I hope this provides someone some context.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    As with keeping your fly zipped in public, the public has been trained to be offended if you aren't masked.
    They are willing to go along with having their culture and their children's future destroyed.

Will truth deprogram them?
    Nope.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As with keeping your fly zipped in public, the public has been trained to be offended if you aren't masked.
    They are willing to go along with having their culture and their children's future destroyed.

Will truth deprogram them?
    Nope.

We have slipped way to far down the rabbit hole.
    A friend of thew spouse stopped over last night to get some things CKW made for her as Christmas gifts for her G-kids. She had her mask on. Now understand this lady is an above middle management in the loan industry and smart as anyone I know. When she saw we were not masked she did a 180 and called on the cell to LEAVE THE ITEMS OUTSIDER AND SHE WOULD FETCH THEM.

They have been in our home. Handled and fondled and she was not wearing gloves. WTAF is happening to people. The stupid has bled into every aspect of our society and I see it as by design.

We just shook our heads.

STAGE 2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 26, 2019
    Fishers
    [video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sRFtVsL9dzE[/video]

Don’t know if this has been posted, but it’s a good visual as to why masks don’t protect from spreading.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom