• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Does anyone want to make a prediction on whether or not Holcomb will announce the lifting of the statewide mask mandate during his state address tonight?

I don't expect he will. I predict something along the lines of, "the vaccine rollout is going well, but now is not the time to let our guard down. We have to continue to stay vigilant until we get X% of Hoosiers vaccinated. Blah, blah, blah."

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Does anyone want to make a prediction on whether or not Holcomb will announce the lifting of the statewide mask mandate during his state address tonight?

I don't expect he will. I predict something along the lines of, "the vaccine rollout is going well, but now is not the time to let our guard down. We have to continue to stay vigilant until we get X% of Hoosiers vaccinated. Blah, blah, blah."
    I doubt if X% will be a specific number.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I admit I didn't Google to check the information and maybe someone took some literary license with the paper. I just believed what I read just like people have been believing what Fauci has been selling even after reversing his position on masks. I submit the following as questions only :D
    So you criticize and mock them (por-mask folks) for being sheep and accepting stuff on face value and passing it on, then do the same thing?

:n00b:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Is that some kind of hash oil dissolved in tequila thing? Sounds like it would taste like old socks :40oz::stickpoke:
    The new trend is putting that crap into beer. Went to the local brew pub on weekend and tried their new IPA w/ weed extract. No thanks. Taste like moldy kale soaked in cat urine.

I'm not looking forward to judging all the homebrews that jump on this fad. I'm still hating NE IPAs.

PS - The OH state fair beer comp has been cancelled again; I haz sads. :(

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The new trend is putting that crap into beer. Went to the local brew pub on weekend and tried their new IPA w/ weed extract. No thanks. Taste like moldy kale soaked in cat urine.

I'm not looking forward to judging all the homebrews that jump on this fad. I'm still hating NE IPAs.

PS - The OH state fair beer comp has been cancelled again; I haz sads. :(
    Yeah, they cancelled the downtown arts festival again, too. It's almost like they won't let don't believe things return to normal

I can't begin to comprehend which variety of hops would go best with bong water. Ugh

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I was unaware of purple text. Now I know. If I had known, most of my comments on this thread would be purple
    It's all good. You are new enough that we don't have a feel for you yet, and others (like me) don't always feel the need. After all, with over 20K posts most people recognize it when I'm being sarcastic just from knowing me.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah, they cancelled the downtown arts festival again, too. It's almost like they won't let don't believe things return to normal

I can't begin to comprehend which variety of hops would go best with bong water. Ugh
    I am going with the hops with the toughest stems. Easier to shove up their asses.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

What I’m hearing from the head shed is that it’s being planned for the 29th... whether that means the announcement or the expiration of the mandate I’m not quite sure, but the overall vibe is on the latter.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Definitely. He's gonna cling to masks and his image as a "responsible" slow-roller until the end of time. He'll blather a bunch of nonsense about "the numbers" and change nothing.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    So you criticize and mock them (por-mask folks) for being sheep and accepting stuff on face value and passing it on, then do the same thing?

:n00b:
    Actually if it isn't true consider it pointing out hypocracy. Yes I think I should be able to believe the "expert" that we are paying a half mill a year to know his ****. He started out last March saying masks are a virtue signal and I choose to believe his initial assesment. Now he has turned 180 calling them vital. Also a lesson for all of us, just because it's in print doesn't make it true and experts don't always have answers even when they claim they are certain about what they are telling us.
    I'm happy for anyone that feels more comfortable wearing a mask but draw the line when I'm scolded for being without one. If you want to wear a mask until some expert you trust tells you, all clear, completely your decision. Personally I'm not hiding under my bed. If the good Lord wants me He will find me even if I'm under the bed.. Life is too short to allow millionaire Maroons to dictate my behavior.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

Even if he does lift the mask mandate, I don't think much will change.
    Like in Texas after the mask mandate was lifted, most private businesses will likely STILL require masks to enter.
    I also have never worn a mask outside during any of this.

BUT it could be much worse here.
    Imagine if Democrat Woody Myers had been elected Governor in 2020.
    We would've had a Democrat Governor like in other states that REALLY got hit hard with the mandates.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Actually if it isn't true consider it pointing out hypocracy. Yes I think I should be able to believe the "expert" that we are paying a half mill a year to know his ****. He started out last March saying masks are a virtue signal and I choose to believe his initial assesment. Now he has turned 180 calling them vital. Also a lesson for all of us, just because it's in print doesn't make it true and experts don't always have answers even when they claim they are certain about what they are telling us.
    I'm happy for anyone that feels more comfortable wearing a mask but draw the line when I'm scolded for being without one. If you want to wear a mask until some expert you trust tells you, all clear, completely your decision. Personally I'm not hiding under my bed. If the good Lord wants me He will find me even if I'm under the bed.. Life is too short to allow millionaire Maroons to dictate my behavior.
    Fauci said said masks aren't necessary, then he said they are.
    So, he was either:
    A) He was (or is now) intentionally lying.
    B) Incompetent.
    C) Presented with new facts and adjusted his behavior accordingly.

My hope is the latter (and that's something everyone should always be doing), but I'm not ruling out the other two options.

FTR, I'm not hiding - my wife and I continue to go out to lunch and dinner and other places. And I rarely wear a mask in the office - only when shopping or in the "masks required" church services.

Top Bottom