To get a snow blower... or not a snow blower...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Thank God I got the first one I ever had a few weeks ago!!! Had nearly 2' drifts across driveway when I got home. Its kinda fun so far.....shoveling was never fun.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    I say go for it. Several years ago, I threw my back out shoveling, and once I got better I went out and bought a snow blower. I told the wife I was getting to old to be shoveling by hand any more. I have a Craftsman, the older model to this one, and I love it. You definitely want to go dual stage. This one has electric start works well. I like that too. We've had it 7 years or so, and if I dont have to use it, I'm happy! Unlike this winter it is getting a work out. Our drive is 18 feet wide 60 feet long. No problems even with the 12 inches we got a couple weeks ago. I dont feel that for our needs that I need anything larger.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I made the comment the other day: I think I need to start looking at investing in a snow blower.

I'm not getting any younger... and it's difficult to find shovels that fit tall folks like my wife and I. Plus - my wife already has a slightly herniated disc in her lower back... (Yes, she'd shovel more if she could! She likes it...)

So perhaps this spring / summer I'll be on the hunt.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I second this.

I have a Toro QR221 at home and one at work. Very effective at cleaning any snow. Kicked ass in our 12" snow earlier this year and is so easy to use. The biggest advantage of the Toros is the "quick adjust chute." By the time you have turned around, the chute is pointed where you want it. No more worm gearing to get it where you want it. 2 disadvantages - one is the price (they retail for $600). The other (which is also a plus) is that it is a 2 stroke. I like that, but you do come in smelling like exhaust when you finish.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Just bought a TroyBuilt Storm 2620 from Lowe's, paid to much of course, but it worked out great. Busted the big frozen chunks up that the city plowed in my drive. Now I bet we don't get any more snow. :dunno:

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Just bought a TroyBuilt Storm 2620 from Lowe's, paid to much of course, but it worked out great. Busted the big frozen chunks up that the city plowed in my drive. Now I bet we don't get any more snow. :dunno:
    And for that little bit of "insurance"....... we truly thank you!!!

Top Bottom