• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I use it with 147gr 9mm plated projectiles and I love it. Very consistent, meters great through my Dillon, and it doesn't dirty up my suppressed Sig or CZ all that bad.

Alternatives to consider would be HP38 or CFE Pistol.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I've used Titegroup with cast lead without issue. Both coated and uncoated. I'd be interested to hear why it's discouraged.

I did some research via Google and supposedly it can melt some of the lead on max loads. Probably one person's cousin's uncle did something they weren't supposed to, had a problem, and now you aren't allowed to use Titegroup with cast bullets. :):

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I did some research via Google and supposedly it can melt some of the lead on max loads. Probably one person's cousin's uncle did something they weren't supposed to, had a problem, and now you aren't allowed to use Titegroup with cast bullets. :):

I've only ever reloaded 500 rounds of lead before switching back to plated. Even at max, I didn't have any issues like that. I'm guessing somebody used jacketed data for lead bullets, blamed their ruselts on the powder, and is now running around the internet telling everybody how much Titegroup sucks. Stuff like this happens far too often and unfortunately this type of behavior isn't specific to reloading (or even firearms for that matter).

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Use Titegroup for 9s and i only use cast bullets, I have no problems. For 45, I use Clay Dot again with cast bullets, no problems.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Tite group loaded with lead smokes like a freight train fueled by black powder.

The groups where very acceptable with plated, I could never find the sweet spot for lead.
    The recoil is snappier than other powders and it burns red hot...after 200rds of 45ACP 200gr plated swc, loaded with 4.3gr of Tite group my gun was almost too hot to hold.

For 9mm and 45acp I much prefer w231, unique, sr4756, clays....just about anything else.

It also used such a small volume of powder in the case that a double charge could have easily gone unnoticed. ..especially in 45acp.

I just don't like it....although it can be used to load functional cartridges, I dumped my last pound I to the garden....and won't be buying any more.

$.02
    God bless
    - Shred

Top Bottom