• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Kokomo
    Just got back from there, saw lots of antique arms and military accouterments from Civil War to current. Couple of venders that make handmade knives plus modern firearms venders. Bought another pound of powder from Rose Reloads. Also bought some fired 5.56 / 223 brass but as Dean said not much in the way of reloading supplies. Oh well I stayed out of the rain and saw a couple of folks I knew.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I almost bought a 4595TS, then looked at M70 AB2, then a Marlin 336 30-30, and finally Rossi .44 rifle. Strong will prevented me from going crazy and bought one or more. I ended up going to the gun range afterwards and then went home and checking online found a local retail store that have the 336 cheaper than the LGSs. Does Tipton have anything like these? I'm not into knives, collector items, CW/WWI/WWII, or reloading stuff. I just want to see NIB guns which I may then purchase. I also wanted to trade my semi pistol but unfortunately, the LGS this morning and I couldn't meet on a price. Nevertheless, I will still do business with them because they were very kind and patient with me when I was looking at their inventory.
    So far, I have been to Kokomo and the Tri-State one and was VERY disappointed in them. It's been a long time since I've been to any gun shows and confess I've only been into it the last few weeks. DAMN YOU AR15!! ;) :shoot:

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    My daughter was quite taken with the pink and purple handguns AND I found the ECC table! I was quite tempted by a number of items but I was saving it for a sight from a INGOer in the trade area . . . 'til I found some ammo on the way out that I had to pick up.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Once again I went to a gun show. And once again after I left, I said to myself why bother? There must be some kind of magnet that pulls me to the shows. I rarely see anything that I really want at a price that is reasonable for my budget.

This show is different than the Lafayette shows. It looked like most of the vendors were octogenarians, lol, selling stuff older than them!:)

.22LR still very high, lot's of knives, and a few nice shotguns but unfortunately nothing came home with me today.

The plus for me, was that I saw a Hogue stock for a 10/22 and decided that I don't want one for my eventual build.

Still an okay way to spend an hour or so.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Once again I went to a gun show. And once again after I left, I said to myself why bother? There must be some kind of magnet that pulls me to the shows. I rarely see anything that I really want at a price that is reasonable for my budget.

This show is different than the Lafayette shows. It looked like most of the vendors were octogenarians, lol, selling stuff older than them!:)

.22LR still very high, lot's of knives, and a few nice shotguns but unfortunately nothing came home with me today.

The plus for me, was that I saw a Hogue stock for a 10/22 and decided that I don't want one for my eventual build.

Still an okay way to spend an hour or so.

I agree with you to a certain degree. Yes there were some vendors that were there when I first started going to the Tipton show 20 years ago. But there were a couple dealers, Adkins Gun Company from Peru and Tommy Guns from Kokomo that had new production guns at really good prices. But if you're old school like me there were A LOT of REALLY NICE Smith and Colt revolvers and semi autos and some MIGHTY NICE shotguns. A good assortment of pocket knives, fixed blades, and auto knives. There is a vendor with a NICE Marlin 39A and a NICE 39 Mountie (they kept calling my name).This is not a BIG BOX DEALER show but IMHO worth your 5 bucks!

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    My daughter was quite taken with the pink and purple handguns AND I found the ECC table! I was quite tempted by a number of items but I was saving it for a sight from a INGOer in the trade area . . . 'til I found some ammo on the way out that I had to pick up.

I remember seeing you there with your daughter. Did not know you were an INGO member. Had my INGO hat on, but did not get any comments except from Other Dave. We need a sign or something...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I agree with you to a certain degree. Yes there were some vendors that were there when I first started going to the Tipton show 20 years ago. But there were a couple dealers, Adkins Gun Company from Peru and Tommy Guns from Kokomo that had new production guns at really good prices. But if you're old school like me there were A LOT of REALLY NICE Smith and Colt revolvers and semi autos and some MIGHTY NICE shotguns. A good assortment of pocket knives, fixed blades, and auto knives. There is a vendor with a NICE Marlin 39A and a NICE 39 Mountie (they kept calling my name).This is not a BIG BOX DEALER show but IMHO worth your 5 bucks!

You just never know, part of the allure of going I would say. I've found some of my best deals at the small Greenfield show, like some older Smith's etc, still looking for the like new Colt MKIII .22mag with 6" bbl in nickle though!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You just never know, part of the allure of going I would say. I've found some of my best deals at the small Greenfield show, like some older Smith's etc, still looking for the like new Colt MKIII .22mag with 6" bbl in nickle though!

I think this is why I keep going back to the shows. If I can't score a deal on something big, I am looking for small items. Like some magazines for my Weatherby XXII. Or some "junk" stuff to practice gunsmith type work on. I have tried to find some 1911 slides that were no good to practice de-horning on. Maybe some wood stocks to try checkering. That kind of stuff. But I haven't had any luck yet.

AR mags are reasonable again. I would have been able to buy some at same price as a recent group buy on here and with no shipping. But I am good with 30- rounders right now. I could use some 20's though.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Went back this morning and scored a Ruger LCP. It is the improved model with the upgraded trigger and sights. Picked up a KelTec P3AT earlier this week. Although I liked the way the pistol shot, I missed not having sights or a slide lock. Ruger did their homework on improving the LCP.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Was the show all in one building or did the have tables in two buildings?

Well, there were two separate spaces. The main area (with part of what I'm guessing is a dining area) and a door (hall?) to another room.

I remember seeing you there with your daughter. Did not know you were an INGO member. Had my INGO hat on, but did not get any comments except from Other Dave. We need a sign or something...

Didn't really notice too many hats, too much time looking down at tables. :)

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It wasn't a bad show and the prices were better than the past two shows. However, they still had the firearms too high (ie .22LR). A lot of old stuff. I did walk away with a quad rail and covers for my AR for a good price. Afterwards, I went to Dunham's to check out the Marlin 30-30 336W w/scope and wow, it looked nasty. It looked very dirty. I left and ended up going down south to a LGS and braved the lousy weather and looking forward to buying a Yugo M70 AB2 and they had a great looking tactical mini-14.
    Unfortunately, they didn't like my gun trade in so I left empty handed. I guess my last one will be the 1500. After that, I guess I'm done. I think I'll go back to my golf. :lmfao:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    FIRST TIME I HAVE ATTENDED A SHOW WHERE THEY DIDN'T ASK IF I HAD A GUN!
    We really enjoyed the show, prices on ammo was still high, but saw some real good prices on guns.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    No it is a small town crappy gun show, mostly old WWII and 'nam stuff, if you want some Jap knifes or crap this is for you, very little as far as new stuff, having said all that I am local and have nothing better to do...

Not trying to shoot it down, it is your average small town gun show.

WOW.... hmmm, considering the Tipton show has made its niche on the things you say.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom