• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bart87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2018
    Greenwood
    If the NRA wasnt so eager to give crap away everytime you donated they might have a lot more money fight for gun rights. Second i can understand the board getting a paycheck for there duties its alot to handle but to get paid enough to live a life of luxury is absurd. Last when is the last time the board has talked to there members to know what we want. They work for us not the other way around let us vote you in, let us tell you what to fight for, and let us decide if you should keep your job.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I don't fault the NRA for the losses in gun rights. The NRA will not have teeth for as long as there are crazy people who can pass background checks and legally purchase firearms going around doing dramatic mass shootings in everyday places that people congregate every 6-8 months. Whatever you believe is the cause, conspiracy or not, the media coverage of these incidents is very effective in rallying the anti-2A base and blocking legislators from doing things in favor of the 2A.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I don't fault the NRA for the losses in gun rights. The NRA will not have teeth for as long as there are crazy people who can pass background checks and legally purchase firearms going around doing dramatic mass shootings in everyday places that people congregate every 6-8 months. Whatever you believe is the cause, conspiracy or not, the media coverage of these incidents is very effective in rallying the anti-2A base and blocking legislators from doing things in favor of the 2A.

The thing about this recent blow to gun rights is that the NRA preemptively called for the ATF to reexamine bumpstocks, as well as encouraged trump to take action. So this one, is on them from the get go.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That article was full of :poop:

Here is what I got from it.
    We HAD to give something back after Las Vegas.

Since some people don't like an item, it is OK to ban said item by reinterpreting an existing law. Banning stuff is OK as long as there isn't a new law passed.

NRA members agreed that they should be banned.
    Here is how I took it and what I remember from the time. GOP leadership in both houses and the President all told the NRA, we are going to pass and sign something whether you like it or not. Do you have any input? So the NRA said, well having the ATF write the rule instead would be better since it is reversible and probably illegal to have them do so.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Here is how I took it and what I remember from the time. GOP leadership in both houses and the President all told the NRA, we are going to pass and sign something whether you like it or not. Do you have any input? So the NRA said, well having the ATF write the rule instead would be better since it is reversible and probably illegal to have them do so.
    Their words tell a different story though. I think people are giving them too much credit for playing some kind of game here where they didn't really want them banned.

They should have been against banning them, not for. If Congress had passed a law anyway, that would have been on them.

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    I'm just going to leave this here.

http://https://www.nraila.org/articles/20181218/nra-ilas-chris-w-cox-releases-statement-on-school-safety-report

Chris W. Cox NRA-ILA said:
    "Importantly, the commission expressly rejected age limitations on firearm purchases, which as the report explains in detail, have no real impact on crime. Finally, we appreciate President Trump’s support for keeping firearms out of the hands of those who have been adjudicated by a court to be a danger to themselves or others in the form of state Extreme Risk Protection Orders -- provided they include strong due process protections, require mental health treatment, and include penalties against those who file frivolous charges to harass law-abiding citizens. The recommendations in the commission report will go a long way towards preventing violence and making children safer in our schools.” (emphasis added)

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    That article was full of :poop:

Here is what I got from it.
    We HAD to give something back after Las Vegas.

Since some people don't like an item, it is OK to ban said item by reinterpreting an existing law. Banning stuff is OK as long as there isn't a new law passed.

NRA members agreed that they should be banned.
    Did we have to give up anything after San Bernadino when a DIAS was used by a couple of terrorists?

It was just an excuse for more gun control, and an excuse to kill the HPA as well.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Did we have to give up anything after San Bernadino when a DIAS was used by a couple of terrorists?

It was just an excuse for more gun control, and an excuse to kill the HPA as well.

The San Berdo terrorists didn't fit the liberals agenda. They weren't white rednecks so that news went away.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Recently, after reading this thread and the bump stock thread, I realized that many gun owners are not 2nd amendment supporters. There are a lot of people who have said in other threads they don't mind bump stocks and full autos being banned. According to these people, nobody "needs" those guns and they are "stupid". Those same people are also defending the NRA in other threads. They are entitled to that opinion, but I find it revealing.

The "hunting class", or Fudd's as some call them, are running the NRA. That 800lb gorilla that everyone keeps talking about is not a pro 2nd amendment gorilla, but a "hunting class" gorilla. Keep that in mind and you will understand what the gorilla does or does not do.

This is my opinion and totally subjective, but it seems to me the "hunting class" outnumber the 2nd amendment supporters by a fairly significant margin. We are outnumbered. Although the younger generations seem to be falling more on the 2nd amendment side rather than the "hunting class" side, I don't think their numbers will be large enough and come on board quick enough to save us.

The "hunting class" does not mind giving up 2nd amendment rights as long as it does not affect them. And since they are the ones with the majority of influence and power at this time, it is inevitable that they will "negotiate" our rights away.

When those who are willing to gain at the expense of others outnumber those with higher principals, our system of government will fail.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If you do not believe just like the "We want it all and we want it now" folk you are a Fudd now. Sounds very progressive.

I am not for a bump stock ban. I am for removing the infringement of tax stamps. I am for constitutional carry. I would love to see the repeal of the Hughes Amendment.

There is only one way to accomplish that in one fell swoop. That is is a revolution where only the pure are allowed to live. One of the pure even suggested earlier that he would start this, if only he had enough backing.

He found INGO is not the place to get this backing.

The pure have no use for us Fudds, so why do they stay here?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    If the NRA wasnt so eager to give crap away everytime you donated they might have a lot more money fight for gun rights. Second i can understand the board getting a paycheck for there duties its alot to handle but to get paid enough to live a life of luxury is absurd. Last when is the last time the board has talked to there members to know what we want. They work for us not the other way around let us vote you in, let us tell you what to fight for, and let us decide if you should keep your job.

Members of the NRA Board receive no compensation for their service.

Top Bottom