• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Jason Ouimet is going to be the new head of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action. He was previously director of federal affairs. Well-liked inside the ILA

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Jason Ouimet is going to be the new head of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action. He was previously director of federal affairs. Well-liked inside the ILA

I think I'll text David Conte and ask him how to pronounce Ouimet. We-may?

Edit: more to follow on pronunciation.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If the big money (I wonder what Midway is doing), dries up, it might get the Board's attention.

Money tends to do just that I've observed.

This crap needs to get settled and soon. It is a lot harder since our side is not a bunch of sheep/lemming hybrids (Sheemings? Lemeeps?) who don't actually think for themselves.

2020 is here. Maybe not on the calendar but we currently have something like 173 candidates on the Dem-side all trying to out-left each other. The closest thing to a pro-2A stance I've seen is that some aren't actually saying out loud they want to confiscate firearms.

I needed a hobby. I don't play golf (waste of good pasture), I never got the 68 Camaro to restore, I don't own a Harley (sold the Sporty in 95), I don't go camping. Wasn't a great baseball coach, depth perception makes calling the strike zone from behind the plate a non-starter. I was a student from 2009-2016 (GI Bill is awesome). At some point I figured out I can speak in front of committees at the Statehouse better than any of the Mad Moms and I'm a hell of a lot better received than that bat-crap narcissistic law professor who never practiced law. The NRA-ILA Frontlines regional grassroots field coordinator came by the INGO booth one day at the 1500. We agreed that Joe Donnelly needed to be unemployed and I've been a volunteer ever since.

That was a little longer than planned. The people (and there are very few) who are actually paid to to be here are in it for the right reason. It's their life 24/7. No funding comes through the membership side (you know, the side with all the upheaval and turmoil that gets all the press.) I don't know what they're paid but they earn every cent of it.

Get past this now, come back stronger, fight the good 2A fight.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We cannot afford for this :poop::poop::poop: to drag on very long. Whatever it takes to right this ship needs to happen now, to get this behind us.

The anti-gun dems (they ALL are now) can and will feed off us trying to eat our own.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    LaPierre is much more worried about his position and power than he is about the NRA organization.
    Or 2nd amendment advocacy. If he were serious about it, whether he’s guilty of wrongdoing or not, he should recognize that continuing his position in the NRA is harming its own ability to defend the 2A. And he should step down.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    According to this article, there are now 5 board members who have been removed from committees...all of which were critical of leadership in the NRA. It appears that so far we are looking at Rob Pincus, Esther Schneider, Tiffany Johnson, Allen West and Timothy Knight who have received retaliation.

Hopefully I am wrong, but it appears that if you are in the NRA and express your concerns about what is going on, you will be retaliated against. How can an organization that says it is providing transparency act in this manor? Is this honesty and transparency?

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/editorial-its-time-to-de-fund-the-nra/

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last edited:

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Update...

It seems that emails are no longer being forwarded to the board members. The only form of communication that the board is receiving is possibly written letters, phone calls if you can get through directly to them, and face to face interactions. Otherwise the board and leadership of the NRA have isolated itself from its members.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/what-is-the-best-course-of-action-for-nra-members-to-take/

How is that new transparency going? I have seen those who are saying this is all a fabricated story. If everything is fabricated, and all the finances and business practices of the NRA are kosher, then why is the NRA ignoring and hiding from its own members? These are not the actions of an innocent organization.

LaPierre and the current NRA leadership needs to go. There needs to be changes to the bylaws so the membership can influence change and control the organization in the future. That is the only way the NRA can be saved.

Top Bottom