• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I honestly don't know how they expect to survive once baby boomers go full fixed income. Millennials have a proven track record of demanding executive accountability...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I honestly don't know how they expect to survive.

This is what the anti-gun crowd want. The current infighting will make it happen.

Current yearly members will let their membership lapse.

Life members will stop donating.

The money will dry up and the largest name in 2A activism will disappear.

The 2A is their final objective so let's just do the job for them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is what the anti-gun crowd want. The current infighting will make it happen.

Current yearly members will let their membership

Life members will stop donating.

The money will dry up and the largest name in 2A activism will disappear.

The 2A is their final objective so let's just do the job for them.

So what is your plan? It sounds to me like you think it’s better if corruption isn’t exposed. So just keep paying the La Pierre tax to keep the NRA going as it is. That a corrupt NRA is better than no NRA. I don’t think it’s that kind of dichotomy. The NRA is salvageable, but if people continue to avoid facing the truth, the NRA will cease to be a strong force for 2A rights.

It’s not the knowledge of the truth that’s a threat to the NRA. It’s the failure to hold it accountable that’s the bigger threat.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have no plan at all.

It is others who are ********,. I just figure Ill ask what is the plan, what is the desired outcome. Obviously some are fully committed to the demise of the NRA.

I am just pointing out your impotency.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have no plan at all.

It is others who are ********,. I just figure Ill ask what is the plan, what is the desired outcome. Obviously some are fully committed to the demise of the NRA.

Well, we could just wait for the money laundering, or embezzlement charges to start flying. I don't think anyone including WLP wants to see that happen.

He needs to step down, or things will undoubtedly get bad if what is being reported is in fact true (and if it is, it may just be the tip of the iceberg).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have no plan at all.

1) voicing concerns about corruption in the NRA != *****ing.

2) point out the posts in this thread where anyone has expressed being fully committed to the demise of the NRA.

3) the desired outcome is to have a strong NRA that doesn’t have crooked people at the top skimming money for personal gain.

4) I don’t have to pay the La Pierre tax.

5) When facing the likelihood that the accusations are true, :lala: isn’t a good long term plan to save the NRA. You may think that ignoring it isn’t actually a plan, but it is.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You do not follow the other anti-NRA forums if you don't know who they are.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You do not follow the other anti-NRA forums if you don't know who they are.
    No. I don’t follow those sites. But it seemed the response you gave was for the people expressing concern about the corruption in NRA in this thread.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Threads on this site. The GOA guys that are in this thread.

I am all for fixing the Government and the NRA, but I get sick of the continual ******** with no plans. Get rid of LaP, that is fine with me, but the board just re elected him unanimously.

So what is the plan?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Individually, I said I wouldn’t pay the La Pierre tax, but I’d like clearer proof that this is indeed what happened before I do that. But, generally, if the allegations are true, a Cincinnati style revolt may be necessary to save it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The Cincy revolt was accomplished by influential people not me.

You see that is the kind of thing i am looking for.

How do you organize when you do not have access to other members beyond your own acquaintances?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Threads on this site. The GOA guys that are in this thread.

I am all for fixing the Government and the NRA, but I get sick of the continual ******** with no plans. Get rid of LaP, that is fine with me, but the board just re elected him unanimously.

So what is the plan?

Get rid of the board. If we don't new York can and will. This all stinks worse than wounded warrior fiasco, and they recovered. He should step down for the good of the organization, if he was really interested in protecting the nra... But he is more interested in preserving his lifestyle and prestige, at the potential cost of our 2a lobbying power.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I think we need to cut the goa v nra. Ideally we should support any group fighting for our rights. Goa is focused on not another inch, corruption and cronyism in the nra seems focused on self promotion and bargaining away rights. That isn't going to sell to the millennial generation that the nra will need to attract to survive. Fixed incomes don't generally leave room to buy all the chincy bull**** they try to sell in rifleman.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I agree that the GOA V NRA stuff should stop, the thing is I've not any GOA ***** from NRA people, But I have seen it the other way around.

Some here have been against the NRA since they joined.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I agree that the GOA V NRA stuff should stop, the thing is I've not any GOA ***** from NRA people, But I have seen it the other way around.

Some here have been against the NRA since they joined.

I mostly see goa people who are upset with nra taking weak progun stances. Most are disenchanted former nra members tired of the lies and constant donation drives only to hear how those funds got spent on a private charter for a vacation. Donate today or else, wlp will have to settle for a hawker 800 rather than a g650 for his winter vacation. It's gross

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I have no plan at all.

There you have it. Not having a plan is the plan.....and anyone who even talks about change is *****ing.....and anyway, there is nothing we can do about it because we are all impotent (there are pills for that though). :D

So all you people need to sit down, shut up and allow the potential for corruption and criminal activity to really take down the NRA. After all, we can't do anything about it and talking about it is *****ing!

Except.....at the point that the NRA is forced down by the government, it will be beyond any hope of salvage.

And you have to keep in mind that there will never be another organization ever again in the history of the U.S.A. who will defend the 2nd amendment...like the Firearms Policy Coalition, Gun Owners of America, Second Amendment Foundation, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership, National Association for Gun Rights, or any others. They will just never ever exist.

The NRA is the only organization around that protects...well...only parts of our 2nd amendment rights. So if any immoral or illegal activities are proven, we must defend them to the death anyway.

Because everyone knows that always putting all your eggs into one basket is the smartest move for the future. Nothing ever goes wrong with that approach.

Top Bottom