• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    April 2 and 3 (Saturday and Sunday), Suarez International Force on Force in Fort Wayne, at Hillside Shooting Sports in Roanoke.

April 2-3, 2011 - Force on Force Gunfighting - Roanoke, IN

Time is short!

In addition, Hillside is a great shooting complex with 3 pistol bays, steel plate racks, target stands, a rifle range out to 1,000 yards, a gun shop, clubhouse, trap and five-point ranges, and 360 acres of hunting!

Rick Klopp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Gabe Suarez in his book entitled Force-On-Force Gunfight Training stated that “Bruce Lee once said “Bags don’t hit back.” Likewise, as applied to gunfighting, paper targets don’t shoot back. Yet, despite a growing trend toward “reality-based” training, many shooting schools still focus on sport or competition. Unfortunately, such training falls far short of the mark when it comes down to in-your-face, arm’s-length combat against a live human being hell-bent on your destruction. That’s where force-on-force training comes in.”

You know, he was correct and we’ll be putting that training philosophy to the test in Roanoke, IN on April 2-3. We will be stepping outside of the square-range and into an area where most pistol-totting guys don’t like to go. They express their uneasiness by saying things like “That type of training is useless because of the lack of ballistic effect” or “If I ever found myself in a situation, I’d rise to the occasion.” Do you need ballistic effect to reinforce good habits? Of course not – think about the importance of dry-firing. And what’s this about rising to the occasion? Guys- you won’t rise to the occasion, you are lucky if you default to your training and then it will only be those skills that you’ve mastered. Instead of empty excuses and barren gunfighting rhetoric, why not train for the reality of the fight? One day, you may find yourself behind the curve due to multi-tasking or pre-occupation or maybe you’re totally aware of what’s going on around you. It doesn’t really matter – what does matter is the fact that you have to draw your weapon, bust off the “X” and deal with the problem. Are you ready for those situations? That final exam might be tomorrow.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m not saying that square-range training is not valuable. What I’m saying is that if you spend all your time there – you’re only kidding yourself and more than likely, there’s a deficit in your defensive skill-sets and overall instruction when it comes to defending yourself with a handgun.

Another quote from the book is the observation that “… conducting this type of training is to develop the art beyond the level of “average adequacy” so often embraced by those who seek to dumb things down for the uninterested lowest-common-denominator shooter. The object is to advance the art.”

Don’t be that guy. Come to Roanoke and let’s start to fill any voids with meaningful and life-saving information.

The book: http://www.onesourcetactical.com/force-on-forcegunfighttrainingbook.aspx

The class: http://www.suarezinternationalstore.com/april2-32011-forceonforcegunfighting-roanokein.aspx

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    What Rick said, plus, it is a lot of fun.:) We have got some serious guys signed up for this class so far and I really look forward to working with them. This doesn't mean that if you aren't a high speed training junky you should avoid the class. On the contrary, this type of thing really seems to level the playing field.

I know I have said it before, but it bears repeating. This is very beneficial training for anyone who carries a weapon for self defense purposes.

Rick Klopp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Less than two weeks to sign up.

For you guys in the Ohio, Indiana and Michigan area looking for a Force on Force class - look no further.

April 2-3 in Roanoke, IN

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    The weather forecast--so far--looks good, but we should be able to move into a large pole barn, if necessary. So, weather is not a factor.

Will have great folks, a great place, superb instruction, and learn how to fight!

Still time to sign up, but this week is it!

Top Bottom