• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Bad here in sounthern Johnson county. Our dogs keep picking them up here on the property. Easy to find on the white Jack Russell Terror but a ***** to find them all on the 156lb Bloodhound, lots of territory to cover. Damn thing out weighs my wife by 51lbs....... ha ha:rockwoot:

Some older guy at Farm and Fleet down in Columbus was saying that Guennes are good to have around since ticks are their specialty. Anyone else heard of this? They have a bunch down there earlier this week. I thought about picking up 5-6 but don't know how they would be with my chickens.

Later,
    A

Guineas are pretty good for tick control and we never had any problems between them and the chickens. I dont think eithier species of them knew that they both weren't the same kind of animal. It wasn't this year but not that long ago I spent about two hours in the bathtub with my beagle mix picking ticks off of him. The bathtub is a good spot to do it because the ticks show up really well against the white color if they are trying to escape. A little peroxide seems to help with infection and lessening the itching after you remove the ticks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    'bout the same as usual in Henry county, which is to say bloody awful. I keep feeling them crawling on me even when they're all gone...

BEGONE FOUL VERMIN!!! :ar15::ar15::ar15:

JOHNNYSHOTGUN

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Boone County
    First year I have seen them this bad. Pulled one off me in the burbs, Zionsville to be exact on the rail trail, one on my wife in French Lick, and one on my son at Atterbury. And don't get me started on my Coonhound....

I keep feeling them crawling on me even when they're all gone...

BEGONE FOUL VERMIN!!! :ar15::ar15::ar15:

^ YUUUPP! ^

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I live on the edge of Marion Co, but it's still developed enough that the only time we get ticks is when we venture off to either grandparent's house...both live in Owen Co in the boonies. You just look at their properties and you get 'em.

And yet, I pulled TWO off my youngest's head last week. I've never had to worry about ticks in the "city." Not even when I finally got around to mowing the 12"-high grass in the garden area. I have no idea where he got them. Or more specifically, no idea where the dog got them because I'm fairly certain the dog is the source.

Top Bottom