Three friends have dropped over dead in 4 months.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    now. four friends have dropped over dead in 4 months.Fo

Four[STRIKE]three[/STRIKE] friends age 52 to 55 have died suddenly. Three of the four dropped dead while talking to their spouses and the forth had a massive heart attack and died within a day.

Geesh!

Other than age, all three were stay at home dads with working spouses.

Makes you wonder......

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Losing friends is one of the aspects of getting old that all of us face. Some of us just don't get older unfortunately.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Other than age, all three were stay at home dads with working spouses.

Well, there you go. When a man tries to go against millions of years of genetic predispositions, you should expect complications.
    This kind of thing often affects men more than women; we may be stronger, but we tend to be more brittle.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm sorry about the loss of your friends. That is too young to die. Were they in good shape (active strength development and good diet)?

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Hope I go that quick, one of my uncles dropped dead at 42 taking a leak in a bar, cousin dropped from a aneurism about the same age.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am sorry for your loss.
    It is important to never put off saying what you need to say to your loved ones and never delay in doing all the good you can.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    More sedentary lifestyles produce fewer collateral coronary arteries; hence reduced blood supply to the heart muscle.
    Emotional tension caused by unnatural situations can cause arterial constriction, reduced blood flow, and increased blood pressure. Emotional stress is more damaging than physical stress.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm sorry to hear about your three friends.
    I wonder if any of them had ANY inkling something wasn't right?

I went in for a checkup this last October thinking I was just out of shape and getting older.

Found I was on the verge of DROPPING DEAD from a massive heart attack!

I had next day quadruple bypass surgery, and have a new lease on life.

LUCKILY, I had no heart muscle damage, and am already hitting it pretty hard in cardio rehab and even recently back beginning to lift weights

Feeling better every day!

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    I do hospice work, teaching classes and visiting patients. I have seen the pain and the joy in someone knowing XYZ disease is going to kill them slowly day by day.

Many times I have heard " He died doing what he loved". I'll call BS on that. I skydive and I love it but I am not going to intentionally not open my chute so I can die doing what I love. Same theory goes for my MC riding, flying, etc.

Two of your friends died while with their spouse, someone they loved. I can only hope that is how I pass, with people that I love and love me.

My theory is when God has a parking spot for you, You will go and park, where ever that is.

I am sorry you lost 3 friends creating 3 holes in your heart at the same time. I do know and understand the pain you are going to work through. I will say a prayer for your heartbreak.

Last edited:

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Sorry for your loss. I know the feeling. We buried a buddy last week in his early 50's....he went to work, didnt feel well....went to hospital and died of a aneurysm within an hour or so. Attack every day like it is your last. Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future.......and today is a PRESENT.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Sounds like the way to bump the stats is to not talk to one's wife and be very careful who you put on your friend's list ;)

Sorry Long...............I'm 52 and aint gonna risk it :)
    (I ignore women, esp those in my home..... so that part is pretty safe now).

Top Bottom