• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    At least it seems that there are a few judges on our side out there. Good to see news like this instead of everything coming out of Chicago.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    That whole rat’s nest of anti-Constitutional bureaucrats needs to be washed from that city with a large fire hose right into the river.
    Well, personally I would prefer flamethrower, but if you want to use water OK. Really though, just think of the pollution! I really think incineration would be safer...

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I read once that in DC, the sight of an empty shell casing in a non-resident’s car was enough to allow the driver to be charged with a weapons violation. That whole rat’s nest of anti-Constitutional bureaucrats needs to be washed from that city with a large fire hose right into the river.
    (yes, I am late to the game as always but getting caught up on my reading)

Possibly, but highly unlikely that a shell casing would be the violation.

What may happen is that the shell casing becomes the "tipping point" to search the vehicle. If there is live ammo that does not match your carry permit...that IS a problem.

"People with valid firearms registration certificates are also allowed to be in possession of ammunition as long as that ammunition goes to the firearm they have registered."

The only reason I know this is because I am a full time Indiana resident (I vote and pay taxes, and have my LTCH in IN), but I work and have a temporary residence in DC (I also have my DC carry permit and have registered weapons here).

Additionally, this page has a lot of great info:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    “Allowed to be in possession of ammunition as long as that ammunition goes to the firearm they have registered”…. Wow, how far away from “shall not be infringed” is that?!? I guess I just didn’t know those details. I’m sure there’s more, but when it’s spelled out like you did it just really hits.

I would assume it really takes some effort to get a DC carry permit.

Top Bottom