• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Buy one... The reverend Sun Myung Moon will bless you for purchasing a sinner-stopper from his "True Son", Kook Jin (Justin) Moon.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Beaten, maybe, but truth, no? Since when do you have to "break in" a pistol for it to be reliable?
    I don't know if you "have" to break in any gun. I would recommend that any gun that you will bet your life on should have 200-300 rds thru it before it is relied on. I was issued my new G22 a couple of weeks ago. I took it upon myself to run 300 rds thru it with my TLR-1 attached to ensure there will be no hiccups. Guns are machines made by man and prone to failure. Make sure your new "lifeline" was built properly and free from defects is always good advice.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I think you are talking about the CW9, which is a good pistol itself. I can't imagine a dealer selling new PM9s for $409. That's $150-$200 under retail. LE price is $515, you won't get much cheaper than that for a new one.

The CW9 has a full grip, instead of the 2 finger grip of the PM9. It also has a 3.5 inch barrel, vs. the 3 inch barrel on the PM9. I've owned both, and had no problems at all with either one. If I ever own another 9mm, it will be the CW9. Excellent size for IWB carry with shorts and a T shirt. The PM9 is more of a pocket or ankle gun.
    Whaaaaaa? Kahr has LE pricing? You think Russ is a Kahr dealer?

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't know if you "have" to break in any gun. I would recommend that any gun that you will bet your life on should have 200-300 rds thru it before it is relied on. I was issued my new G22 a couple of weeks ago. I took it upon myself to run 300 rds thru it with my TLR-1 attached to ensure there will be no hiccups. Guns are machines made by man and prone to failure. Make sure your new "lifeline" was built properly and free from defects is always good advice.

+1 on that Denny. My point was that I hope you don't have to run a couple hundred rounds through it to eliminate a propensity to FTx.

drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    I won't address the company of Kahr, that's been discussed. I purchased a PM9 yesterday with the blackend SST slide. Of ourse I cleaned it first and then put 250 rounds throught it today. No FTx at all. I was impressed with the machining of the entire gun. I've desinged mechanical equipment and worked in machine shops and the PM9 has smooth solid parts. I'd bet my life on this weapon.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I won't address the company of Kahr, that's been discussed. I purchased a PM9 yesterday with the blackend SST slide. Of ourse I cleaned it first and then put 250 rounds throught it today. No FTx at all. I was impressed with the machining of the entire gun. I've desinged mechanical equipment and worked in machine shops and the PM9 has smooth solid parts. I'd bet my life on this weapon.

I would agree with you assessment.

I went ahead and cleaned mine today. The gun is very solid.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    As a point of reference for anyone looking to buy a pm9, BGF sells these new for $409. I have also considered buying one of these.

I was at BGF yesterday (Sat). Someone came in asking about the PM9. They didn't have any and looked it up and quoted the guy $600 and something.

drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    I was at BGF yesterday (Sat). Someone came in asking about the PM9. They didn't have any and looked it up and quoted the guy $600 and something.

Thanks for the video Yamadog35. Noted the hold of slide in right hand. I must say, I'm not using a screwdriver to pry my slide lock out. I've got a handy wooden chopstick I've cut down to be flat.

PSS had new PM9s for $630. Buds lists them at $644, but are out. Elmore's thought they might sell for $640 but they couldn't get any. It's a seller's market for guns and ammo.

Doublet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Lafayette
    Kahr

I have had the Kahr PM9 as well as the Kahr MK9 . The PM9 is a great dependable carry weapon , if weight is not a issue to you go with the MK9 , handles the recoil better .

Top Bottom