• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtrownsell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    I'm thinking about purchasing a Kahr PM9 as a carry gun, and would appreciate any thoughts or experiences anyone would care to share. Thanks for your help.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    Its a nice little 9mm. I recently bought one, but may sell it. It is a little larger than I would like for jeans carry. In pleated dress pants it works fine.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Well, I've got one in my pocket right now. I find that it does conceal well in both jeans and slacks/khakis. It is a little tougher to hide in tighter jeans, but it hasn't been a problem for me.

I carry it most of the time in a Desanitis Nemesis pocket holster.

I like the gun because it is so small and it is a 9mm instead of .380. I carry it with Powerball Ammo.

The gun is tight when you first get it. Racking the slide takes some effort and there is some strict instructions to give the gun a good break in period. I've never had a FTF, etc. since owning the gun. Every time I pull the trigger it goes bang.

The PM9 is a little pricey, but it is a well-made little gun that I can conceal in almost any situation.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I too have one that is almost always with me in a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster. I have well over 1000 rounds through it with no problems. Kahr recommends a 250 round break in before you trust your life to it, but I didn't even have issues during the break in, other than wearing my fingers out loading the mags so often!

For such a small pistol, it is also very accurate.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, two things. #1, Kahr is owned by the Moonies, so think about that. If you search this and other forums, you will find enough evidence of unreliability that you will never trust Kahr for your CC.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Well, two things. #1, Kahr is owned by the Moonies, so think about that. If you search this and other forums, you will find enough evidence of unreliability that you will never trust Kahr for your CC.

Here we go again...

Kahr's have to be broken in for 200+ rounds. I think you'll find plenty of folks who trust Kahr's for CC.

As far as the Moonies, this has also been beaten to death.

squarepeg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Lake County
    :horse:
    I never heard of these moonies people before the horse was beat on another thread a while back...Still don't care. I have no experiance with Kahrs, but I cant wait till I do. The overal highly positive response I have seen is cool. I have seen few if any complaints about the 9mm Kahrs

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    :horse:
    I never heard of these moonies people before the horse was beat on another thread a while back...Still don't care. I have no experiance with Kahrs, but I cant wait till I do. The overal highly positive response I have seen is cool. I have seen few if any complaints about the 9mm Kahrs
    The OP said he would "appreciate any thoughts anyone would care to share". I briefly considered Kahr when recently looking for a .45 because I liked the fit but decided against it after doing my homework. So, I shared my findings to save him some time.

Yeah... never heard of that. Sound like a gimmick to me!!! :thumbsup:

Sorry, I've only owned Glocks so I didn't realize every other pistol required a break in period to be reliable.:rolleyes:

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    As a point of reference for anyone looking to buy a pm9, BGF sells these new for $409. I have also considered buying one of these.

Sorry, no experience with Kahrs (or moonies) I just have a question. Who is BGF? I have seen them in several threads but have not figured out where they are...

Found it.... Beech Grove Firearms: Beech Grove Firearms

Thanks

Buckaroo

Last edited:

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    Anyone that thinks a Kahr is unreliable should come over and shoot mine sometimes...never a failure. On another note EVERY single Gov't model of all brands I've had(Colt,Springfield,Para etc) have been the most unreliable guns ever. Especially the 3 Para Ordinance models I've had. I know there are bad ones in everything (including Glocks) but I like my Kahr better than my Glock!!(Did I say that out loud)

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    As a point of reference for anyone looking to buy a pm9, BGF sells these new for $409. I have also considered buying one of these.

Wow. I'll have to check that out. Are you sure that isn't the CW9 model? That is an unheard of price for the higher-end PM9.

Top Bottom