• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    And I still very much disagree with your comparison between chewing gum in class and 17 & 18 year-old kids holding another younger kid down and forcibly cutting his hair. Even if kids of that era saw such things as a right of passage, I'm pretty sure that they understood that it was a very different thing than chewing gum in class.

Before society became a bunch of blissninnies, pranks such as this were routine. Heck even the popular culture relected this attitude--ever watch the Three Stooges, old Disney movies, or the Bowery Boys?

Boys did certain things--played sports, wrestled, chewed gum and passed notes in class, or played pranks on other boys. No one made a federal case of it, it was simply stopped, the boys were told to stop "horsing around" and get back to work.

The Romney case is concerning because:

1. It is a complete work of fiction which only transpired in the mind of David Axelrod while in his condo on Lake Michigan.

2. If it were true, it shows how weak and degraded American society has become when we are concerned with the pranks of high school boys. Weak little girls in the media run our society and we need to change that.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Five different people recall the same incident, and none of their descriptions were contradictory. The only person who is alleged to be present but does not recall it was the one that they claim gathered everyone to do it - Romney. If this did not happen, then I doubt Romney would have apologized - and if he really cannot recollect this incident, then it must be pretty tame compared to the other things he has done.

I can buy him not knowing that he was gay, and the assertion that it was based on his sexuality does not seem to be very convincing from the few articles I have read. I see it being perfectly plausible that he intended to do it because his hair was long, or because he dressed odd - whatever the case.

How do you think Romney would react if a group of teenagers held him down and cut his hair? I bet most people would consider that an assault if it happened to them...

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    How do you think Romney would react if a group of teenagers held him down and cut his hair? I bet most people would consider that an assault if it happened to them...

Can you imagine if Obama had done the same thing to a republican kid when he was 18?

The outrage in this thread would be off the charts.

Let's try to have some objectivity. Right is right. Wrong is wrong. Call it like it is. Romney should fess up and apologize if this is true. Obama should as well, for what he did.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Five different people recall the same incident, and none of their descriptions were contradictory. The only person who is alleged to be present but does not recall it was the one that they claim gathered everyone to do it - Romney. If this did not happen, then I doubt Romney would have apologized - and if he really cannot recollect this incident, then it must be pretty tame compared to the other things he has done.

I can buy him not knowing that he was gay, and the assertion that it was based on his sexuality does not seem to be very convincing from the few articles I have read. I see it being perfectly plausible that he intended to do it because his hair was long, or because he dressed odd - whatever the case.

Since these 5 people admit to participating in the act that that you find so loathsome, what does it say about their character? Would a political hatchet job be beneath them?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Can you imagine if Obama had done the same thing to a republican kid when he was 18?

The outrage in this thread would be off the charts.

Let's try to have some objectivity. Right is right. Wrong is wrong. Call it like it is. Romney should fess up and apologize if this is true. Obama should as well, for what he did.

Apologize to whom?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Since these 5 people admit to participating in the act that that you find so loathsome, what does it say about their character? Would a political hatchet job be beneath them?

I don't know enough about them to hold a strong belief that it is not possible, but his own apology speaks volumes.

It seems like challenging a false accusation would be the normal course of action, instead of apologizing and claiming that you do not recall it happened.

Then again, in a political environment, the apology could have been an attempt to let the story run its course as quick as possible - but it seems like a significantly less likely scenario.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Thanks and hello. I've noticed some pretty vacuous libtard trolls on here, it's fun to watch them squirm with their BS "logic" - can't wait for November.
    "libtards" "BS logic" Looks like we have a real intellectual joining us.

Welcome to INGO.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    even if its true, and i'm not saying it is or isnt cause once again the media cant seem to get it right or wont get it right. any how i digress and i apologize,

even if its true does it matter? i ask this because i know i'm not the same person i was in high school, my character has changed drastically since then, so i would assume that in the last 45 years his character has changed also, whether for good or bad is for others to decide of course. does 45 year old dirt really matter?

jake

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    even if its true, and i'm not saying it is or isnt cause once again the media cant seem to get it right or wont get it right. any how i digress and i apologize,

even if its true does it matter? i ask this because i know i'm not the same person i was in high school, my character has changed drastically since then, so i would assume that in the last 45 years his character has changed also, whether for good or bad is for others to decide of course. does 45 year old dirt really matter?

jake

Should it really matter, considering how long ago it was, and his age at the time?

If he regrets it - NO
    The only facet of this story that can be considered relevant at all is the portrayal of his character - and if he has matured in the 45 YEARS since he was a teenager, then it should be be considered irrelevant.

Does garbage like this have an impact in a political campaign?

YES

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    Before society became a bunch of blissninnies, pranks such as this were routine. Heck even the popular culture relected this attitude--ever watch the Three Stooges, old Disney movies, or the Bowery Boys?

Boys did certain things--played sports, wrestled, chewed gum and passed notes in class, or played pranks on other boys. No one made a federal case of it, it was simply stopped, the boys were told to stop "horsing around" and get back to work.

The Romney case is concerning because:

1. It is a complete work of fiction which only transpired in the mind of David Axelrod while in his condo on Lake Michigan.

2. If it were true, it shows how weak and degraded American society has become when we are concerned with the pranks of high school boys. Weak little girls in the media run our society and we need to change that.

Oh, now I understand. Oh to return to the bygone era when kids chewed gum...

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Should it really matter, considering how long ago it was, and his age at the time?

If he regrets it - NO
    The only facet of this story that can be considered relevant at all is the portrayal of his character - and if he has matured in the 45 YEARS since he was a teenager, then it should be be considered irrelevant.

Does garbage like this have an impact in a political campaign?

YES

your right it does have an impact............ and its a shame it does.

seems sometimes fixing the government is so much simpler than fixing the media and the population

jake

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Pranks like this are still part of popular culture. If you are watching the "Jackass" movies.

But what you see happening among friends on TV doesn't translate to tolerable behavior anywhere else.

You can't hit someone in the head with a hammer like the 3 Stooges do.
    You can't light people's pubic hair on fire like the characters from Jackass.
    And you can't force someone to the ground and start hacking off their hair.

People who advocate self-defense and carrying guns should know the reason.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    What is also outrageous is that the media makes a front page story over a fake haircut when Barack Obama's self-confessed shoving a girl in school draws zero attention.

More kids probably shoved each other in school than kids who gave out free haircuts to those who weren't willing to receive them. And don't you remember the era when you could shove a girl without someone trying to claim that you were a misogynist?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    amish.jpg

Top Bottom