• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Of course, Governor George Romney's privileged son wouldn't see any repercussions for assaulting gay students.

Just when you thought Mitt couldn't get any more unrelateable to most Americans. He is the posterboy for embodying negative Republican stereotypes.

I am sure your hero, Ron Paul.....did that......back during the civil war......

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    How horrific!!!

Next they will find out that Mitt passed a note in 4th grade, chewed gum in class AND cut in lunch line in 6th grade. Further they will discover that he ran in the hallway and got into a towel snapping fight in 7th grade.

Most shocking of all at age 23 Mitt Romney tried . . . . coffee!

Good comparison. Read a lot of dockets on cases like running in the hall, passing notes, or chewing gum in class? Pretty sure that holding someone down and forcibly cutting their hair is assault. Not saying it happened or it didn't, but comparing that to sipping coffee is awesomesauce.

I am sure your hero, Ron Paul.....did that......back during the civil war......

True, because most of us have committed assault. I know I have. What would we be all saying if it was reported that an 18 year old Obama and a gang of his friends did this to someone? (Other than "Obama had friends!")

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Romney's responses to this are kind of baffling to me.

""Back in high school, I did some dumb things and if anybody was hurt by that or offended by that, obviously I apologize," he said in an interview on the "Kilmeade and Friends" talk show on Fox News radio. That the student might have been gay "was the furthest thing from my mind back in the 1960s." But "if I did stupid things, why I'm afraid I got to say sorry for it.""

I don't understand this. Either he did it or he didn't. Is he trying to claim that he doesn't remember pinning someone down and cutting their hair off? If that sort of event doesn't stick out in your mind, then...I don't even know.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Digging up what someone did in high school almost fifty years ago? Really?

Really?

It took three years to get a birth certificate for O, and we still don't have his college transcripts. And he ate a dog.

If this is the worst thing they can dig up on Mitt, he rolls in November.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    Digging up what someone did in high school almost fifty years ago? Really?

Really?

It took three years to get a birth certificate for O, and we still don't have his college transcripts. And he ate a dog.

If this is the worst thing they can dig up on Mitt, he rolls in November.

Completely agree. Where are Romney's transcripts and his tax returns while we are at it... I heard a rumor that there were a number of people interested in where he filed his Homestead Credit for while he was supposedly living in his son's unfinished basement.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Pretty sure that holding someone down and forcibly cutting their hair is assault. Not saying it happened or it didn't, but comparing that to sipping coffee is awesomesauce.

Long ago our society knew the distinction between a high school prank and a crime. Perhaps some day we will again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How horrific!!!

Next they will find out that Mitt passed a note in 4th grade, chewed gum in class AND cut in lunch line in 6th grade. Further they will discover that he ran in the hallway and got into a towel snapping fight in 7th grade.

Most shocking of all at age 23 Mitt Romney tried . . . . coffee!

Makes me look like an angel.............Scary stuff.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Just for context, in 1965 I was 11 years old, it was a different time.
    Things like this free haircut, were no big deal. The world has changed much!

This was "High Fashion"
    mondrian-ah-1965-1966-n832.jpg

This was "Rock & Roll"
    best-paid-entertainers2_71865.jpg

This was a class picture
    1965a.jpg

AND THIS MY FREIENDS WAS ONE AWESOME FREAKIN' CAR!
    Pontiac-GTO-1965-wallpaper.jpg

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    Long ago our society knew the distinction between a high school prank and a crime. Perhaps some day we will again.

I was referring to your scale of comparison. Even if you think that holding someone down against their will and cutting their hair is just a prank, I don't see how a reasonable person could view that on the same level as chewing gum in class or passing a note. What era did we ever view those things as the same?

Especially not someone who thinks the politics of Romney and Obama are so magically different...

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I wish his youthful indiscretions were as benign as the other modern presidents. You know, smoking pot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was referring to your scale of comparison. Even if you think that holding someone down against their will and cutting their hair is just a prank, I don't see how a reasonable person could view that on the same level as chewing gum in class or passing a note. What era did we ever view those things as the same?

Especially not someone who thinks the politics of Romney and Obama are so magically different...

Just as a reference point, I was a freshman in High School...1964. Upperclassmen initiated freshmen with total abandon. I was de-pantsed twice, face painted with lip stick and rouge, paddled and my hair was cut whole walking home on the first day. I lived through it as did all my classmates. We expected it and embraced it as a right of passage. Those who resisted really got the treatment.
    Pranks were far different then than now. Not saying he was right, just saying take a walk in the real world and see whats up.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Good Lord, if that's the worst they have on him then Republicans are in good shape.

The average person is only going to think of stupid mean things THEY did in High School and really think that this is a non event or this is going to backlash against the Democrats simply because it makes a lot of people relate better to Romney for doing the same kind of stupid stuff they did.
    On the other hand, hardly anyone can relate to Obama. I mean really, how many have eaten dog? How many have lived in Indonesia? How many find the chanting of Muslim clerics in the morning beautiful? There is nothing American about Obama. But stupid pranks are so typically American even if we are somewhat ashamed of the ones we pulled that we can identify with that and it makes Romney more typical of us.

Top Bottom