• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I dont think that you have to like real guns to enjoy them in video games.
    I mean I dont like hurting people, killing, or doing illegal things, and I never do, but yet I enjoy doing it in video games like GTA and stuff.

jsnowy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Playing zombies on black ops actually fueled my appetite for firearms. For some reason I got this insatiable desire for an m14...I had to settle for a 91/30!

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    Most people that hate video games suck at them IMHO. I mean i am 33 and have been steadily playing war type games since socom back in the day. My dad constantly preched how stupid they are yet he will sit his ass in front of a computer and play solitarie for hours just b/c he is good at it. Typically people outside of the modern generations frown upon the video gamers and the idea of playing a game for hours. So they typically respond to this by spending multiple hours complaining about it in online forums:):.LOL

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Most people that hate video games suck at them IMHO. I mean i am 33 and have been steadily playing war type games since socom back in the day. My dad constantly preched how stupid they are yet he will sit his ass in front of a computer and play solitarie for hours just b/c he is good at it. Typically people outside of the modern generations frown upon the video gamers and the idea of playing a game for hours. So they typically respond to this by spending multiple hours complaining about it in online forums:):.LOL
    I don't suck at them. Tonight I was watching my brother play call of duty and it took 8 shots from a garand to down a jap when it only took one from the M1 carbine. Any idea why the video game designers did this?

jsnowy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Hate to break it too you, but video games aren't meant to be realistic. They wouldn't be fun if every shot was fatal.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hate to break it too you, but video games aren't meant to be realistic. They wouldn't be fun if every shot was fatal.

Actually they are more fun. Hence why I play hardcore. I so miss the goldeneye days of licence to kill. One and done no matter what the gun. I to am an old socom player. Thats actually where my gamertag comes from. SocomII pistols only. Ahh back in the day.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    As much as i don't want to admit, i am a COD fanatic. During the month of October i was in the top 10 monthly players of the game type "capture the flag" out of 50,000+ players. Haha. But i play it for what it is, a game. I don't play for realism and whatnot. When i want to feel something real i simply take my AR out to the range. :D

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    So today I was talking to some of my buddies and they were talking about call of duty (I couldn't add to the conversation since I don't destroy my brains with video games.) One of them said. ''This gun in call of duty world at war. The mosin nagant. It sucks man. No power, no accuaracy, and the bayonet attachment sucks.'' I laughed until my sides were burning then asked him ''Have you ever seen, heard, or shot a real gun? Or a Mosin Nagant?'' He replies. ''I don't like real guns.'' Now that my friends just made me laugh.

I bet the rifle and Bayonet are taller than your friends lol and I rocked the mosin on that game pretty hard. I suck with full auto but my first shot always hits its mark. The mosin put em down 1st shot everytime. Now I wish Battlefield 3 had a Mosin. I wanna see the Modern warfares have WWII weapons as downloadable content. I would rule against those sissies with whatever carbine they chose and that would really tick some ppl off:D

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sounds like me. I'm 30 and play Black Ops a couple times a week after the kids go to bed (unless Sons of Anarchy is on that night). Well made game and the multiplayer is tons of fun. I've also been around firearms my whole life and know that the gun portrayals in the games are usually not very accurate as to which ones are good in real life. :ar15:
    36? 30? Punk kids... ;):laugh: Get off my lawn!!

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    36? 30? Punk kids... ;):laugh: Get off my lawn!!

thumbnail.aspx

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My son who is 8 loves some COD. As a military veh. collector he gets to "play" with a ton of things, military.

So as it were, when I took him to the Valpo gun show, dad got a lil surprise. I realized my son at 8 years old can look and recognize alot of the weapons on the table (one being a Mosin Nagant) and some of the more expensive optics.

I guess hes earned the right to shoot the 10/22.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    My son who is 8 loves some COD. As a military veh. collector he gets to "play" with a ton of things, military.

So as it were, when I took him to the Valpo gun show, dad got a lil surprise. I realized my son at 8 years old can look and recognize alot of the weapons on the table (one being a Mosin Nagant) and some of the more expensive optics.

I guess hes earned the right to shoot the 10/22.
    Only the 10/22. The first rifle I ever shot was a M1A

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    My son (15) plays some of those games. We were talking about an SKS and he said those suck. We finally figured out he was thinking of a Mosin, and I had to educate him a little. He realizes now it just sucks in the game. I'd take my AR first, but I have an Ishi Enfield I wouldn't hesitate to take into action. If I had a Mosin, same thing. I fire left handed, and I'm outright fast with a bolt.

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    I only play call of duty now because my wife wont let me shoot in the house anymore. The noise bothers her when Im shooting my Mosin or Mausers. Sometimes I can empty some 9mm rounds but only if she's vaccuming or something.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    :hijack:The absolute truth is these games teach you very little about guns. I play Call of Duty when I want to have fun, I go to :ingo: when I want to learn about guns, Here is a little present for everyones enjoyment, this is a good representation of online play WARNING ADULT LANGUAGE [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhufrnT4818[/ame]

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    :hijack:The absolute truth is these games teach you very little about guns. I play Call of Duty when I want to have fun, I go to :ingo: when I want to learn about guns, Here is a little present for everyones enjoyment, this is a good representation of online play WARNING ADULT LANGUAGE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhufrnT4818
    HAHAHAHAHA :laugh:

''Dabears SHUT UP''

I've seen it before makes me laugh every time.

Top Bottom